Replies

• PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Looks good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty hard core, an hour of intervals on the first day...
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting I may try this
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Wow that's like couch to 5 k on steroids.

There is no need to do 48 minutes to learn to run. Personally I do't think you can beat c25k.

• carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Wow that's like couch to 5 k on steroids.

There is no need to do 48 minutes to learn to run. Personally I do't think you can beat c25k.

haha isnt it?! seems very hardcore!
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great way to make you end up hating running.
    Also, real honest-to-god scientific studies show that about 2/3 of people who take up running will not lose weight, even CICO. I'm one of them. I keep running anyway!
  • eliciasc423
    eliciasc423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Update: I finished the first week and this week will start the second. So far I really like it! I am running out doors some days which is nice and and stress reliving. On days I can't make it out during daylight I run at the gym and do some lifting too. I played soccer for all of my childhood so I enjoy running, for those who thought this was extreme.
  • DiannaOnMaui
    DiannaOnMaui Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you and don't listen to the nay-sayers. Danny Dreyer is an excellent coach and a great source of information for new runners, especially on form. It's good to challenge yourself to work a little harder than average. And, if you get to a week where you can't complete the assigned workout, go back to the previous week. Keep it up!
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    kavahni wrote: »
    Also, real honest-to-god scientific studies show that about 2/3 of people who take up running will not lose weight, even CICO. I'm one of them. I keep running anyway!

Is there a reason why someone wouldn't loose weight from running? I don't understand why they wouldn't since it is an activity.

• JessM822
    JessM822 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy the plan then do it. Just because someone thinks it's to much or to hard doesn't mean it won't work. Plus, there's nothing wrong with a challenge. Good luck in your adventure. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
    If you're not losing weight you're still eating to much, eating the wrong food, or not running enough. Example: Even though running 15 minutes a day is a great start, but that's not going to make you lose weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kavahni wrote: »

Is there a reason why someone wouldn't loose weight from running? I don't understand why they wouldn't since it is an activity.

The runger...