How weird are you....

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    relynne wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I would say I'm about 5% weird.

we can coach you up and raise that number into high double digits, if you like

I am your student

Respect.

...what are you wearing?
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    I would say I'm about 5% weird.

we can coach you up and raise that number into high double digits, if you like

I am your student

Respect.

...what are you wearing?

Give me your kik name and I'll show you. ;)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    KayHBE wrote: »
    Do you have an weight loss superstitions? I do ... Like if I post anything about my progress it will all go to h@ll. Well I did post something today and I'm determined to get past this and keep moving forward.... So what about you and superstitions?

Oh boy, some of mine are a bit kooky but here goes
    (also they are not weight loss superstitions)

- I check appliances that I haven't used that day before I leave the house (make sure the stove and oven are off). On this one to be fair I sometimes sleepwalk
    - I at least triple check that doors are locked when I leave the house (pull on them at least but not limited to 3 times)
    - this one is cuckoo, If i use a hair appliance and want to leave the house before it is cool, I take it with me!
    - I won't leave the house with the washer or dryer running, or oven on (obviously)
    - I get stressed out if my gas tank gets below 1/4 full just incase something (like a detour, or accident) prevents me from getting gas, I just always fill up at 1/4 tank
    - I always carry my spare car key with me in my bag and never leave my bag in my car so I will always have the spare key with me if I lock one in the car
    - I always put important things in the same place (car keys, extra money, etc.)

They are mostly all safety related, but still...kinda weird
    I'm sure there are more :smile:
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    if we're all "weird" doesn't that make us normal?
  • ILoveGoal
    ILoveGoal Posts: 141 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    KayHBE wrote: »
    Do you have an weight loss superstitions? I do ... Like if I post anything about my progress it will all go to h@ll. Well I did post something today and I'm determined to get past this and keep moving forward.... So what about you and superstitions?

Oh boy, some of mine are a bit kooky but here goes
    (also they are not weight loss superstitions)

- I at least triple check that doors are locked when I leave the house (pull on them at least but not limited to 3 times)

* Doing that to! <3

- I get stressed out if my gas tank gets below 1/4 full just incase something (like a detour, or accident) prevents me from getting gas, I just always fill up at 1/4 tank

* Going to fill if around half tank left, still a few hundred km's left to drive but never want to end up with a empty tank.. (always auto check though how much is in the tank before leaving).. guess in case not be looking at the tank gauge several days in a row.. it wouldn't get empty. :*

- I always put important things in the same place (car keys, extra money, etc.)

* Me to. :*

They are mostly all safety related, but still...kinda weird
    I'm sure there are more :smile:

• sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I get called a freak of nature...is that the same thing as being weird?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Super dooper wierd. :#
  • neilhoopy
    neilhoopy Posts: 280 Member
    I think I'm the only sane one
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Depends on who you ask. The people who know me say I am the good weird but others (like neighbors and such) think I'm the hermit weird. I workout at home.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    I'm pretty weird
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I don't have superstitions like that, but I am weird. I won't go into details but I will say when you're actually weird, you don't typically think of it as cool, you just feel you stick out all the time and you look back on a childhood of horrific bullying and abuse and as an adult you frequently cry in privacy because you know you will never truly fit in anywhere, and you're all alone.

I feel like today the whole world "wants" to be weird and will advertise their "quirks" but always acceptable ones, like "ZOMG I am such a NERD!" It's always "cool weird" stuff. "I read the most OBSCURE books!" or "science geek FTW!" -
    etc.

But people who really are weird...? Different story. Socially, there's a line between accepted-and-cool weird, and stay-away-because-that's-not-a-cool-sort-of-weird-weird.

Sorry to get passionate about that. I see stuff like this pretty frequently (though the OP's weird was IMO more of a brave admission than the usual - superstition doesn't necessarily ever fall under "cool weird") and as someone who has spent a large portion of her life crying in privacy and in frustration over knowing I'll always put people off if they see the real, non-average me (I know this from experience, it's not a generalized fear), I WISH I could brag about my accepted weirdnesses and list them proudly. I can't. I never will. I'm autistic. My weird will never be cool, even when it crosses over into geek territory.

Just my $.02.

This. It's like when people say OMG I'M SO OCD. No. You're not. You're an idiot. If you were actually OCD you'd know it's not funny or cute or interesting. It's soul destroying and controls your whole life, it's a real debilitating disorder, not a quirky personality trait.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I'm weird enough to be socially acceptable.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I where nice suits. How weird can I be?
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    You can't go into a shark tank and ask all the sharks if they're normal or weird. Silly woman, sharks don't talk.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Before I eat a donut, I balance on my left shoulder. Then I left it roll down my arm where I then fling it into the air and catch it with my mouth.