Ripped in 30- August Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Are all you guys american? because im in the uk and cant find this dvd anywhere. it has only been released in region one:(

I think most of us are - can you order online? Amazon.com sells them. Not sure if Amazon is different over in the UK as to what they carry.

yea its on amazon but it has only been released on region 1/ntsc so it wont play on my dvd player:( ive managed to find week 1 and 2 online now but cant fine the last 2 weeks:(

I'm guessing iTunes is not an option?
  • AlexJourneyHall
    AlexJourneyHall Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad you guys want to join in. I am waiting till august 7th to get started. I'm pairing this workout with school so that I can have a short workout to look forward to.
  • kgsmiles3
    kgsmiles3 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in :) I just completed 2 rounds of 30 DS with great results. Gotta go get the dvd!!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    So I decided I needed something different so I did W1D1 of Ripped. OMG!! It kicked my butt! It is so much harder than 30DS. I managed to keep up though. :bigsmile: It'll take me longer than 30 days to complete - I plan on doing Zumba a couple days a week to mix it up.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you're going to mix it up! I know what you mean about it kicking butt though..

I said I wasn't going to do day 3 today because I went to an amusement park and after walking around all day, my hamstrings were so sore from the previous two days, but I got home and decided to do it anyways and I'm still really sore, but proud of myself for doing the workout! Day 4 tomorrow!

Those side lunges... I can't do them properly still.

I can actually do a couple real pushups now though so that's exciting!
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Great job!! I still have to do the push ups the 'easy' way and those planks kill me! I ended up taking last night off from a workout - was just too exhausted. I work full time (and worked late) and have a 8 month old who's decided she doesn't want to sleep at night. :yawn: I am going to do day 2 tonight though.

Has anyone else started this yet?
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got your hands full! I managed 8 regular push ups in the first set today! Of course, I'm sure I'm not going deep enough into them, but it's a start and at least my arms can hold up the rest of me.. haha.

Just finished W1D4. I'm still so sore (hamstrings). I'm working through the soreness though! I am up in weight when I stepped on the scale today, but I believe it to be water retention in my muscles. It happened to me while doing the shred and took 2 weeks to drop that weight and start losing more! I'm not letting that get me down though and I'm sticking to my daily calorie allowance!
  • AlexJourneyHall
    Options
    I plan on doing two rounds. I'm gonna do all the beginner modifications the first round and the advanced stuff the next round.
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    Just did day 2 - I think it was actually a bit easier this time around although it still kicks butt!!
  • AlexJourneyHall
    Options
    I hope it wont be too tough for me to keep up with in school.
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    If I can do it - anyone can do it!! You can definately do it, it's only a 30 minute workout. I actually like it much better than 30 DS.
  • AlexJourneyHall
    Options
    Well then I plan to enjoy it. Hopefully my ankle will give me no more problems.
  • AlexJourneyHall
    Options
    I can't wait. This will be great. Monday is coming!