When ya can't help thinking ya caught a catfish

Avocado_Angel
Avocado_Angel Posts: 2,362 Member
Tell me how do you know ? Am i paranoid ? Iv always thought I'm a good judge of character but this is the 'internet' iv heard it's got a few of them old catfishes

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I like my catfish breaded and fried.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Tell me how do you know ? Am i paranoid ? Iv always thought I'm a good judge of character but this is the 'internet' iv heard it's got a few of them old catfishes

I told you that I'm real! That was actually my penis!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Hahaha how does anyone get catfished nowadays? Its video chat or send me a video of yourself. Its easy. Everyone owns a smart phone or digital camera so its simple.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    I have catfish up to my elbows.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    I only Skype with my in-laws so they can see the kiddo. Am I a catfish? I hate video chat.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    I have catfish up to my elbows.

Someone is obsessed with elbows.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I like my catfish breaded and fried.

That's what I'm talking about.
  • PL_SM
    PL_SM Posts: 181 Member
    Just be careful I would suggest. Especially when giving out personal details, phone numbers etc. Are you talking about other websites or just this one?
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I'm a bit leery of being rushed/pushed into giving my phone number, personally.

However, if I were in the dating game (this is what you're referring to?), I wouldn't be all that worried because I wouldn't have my feelings invested yet anyway. Not after just a few emails/convos or whatever. So what if the guy turned out to be a troglodyte or something? I haven't promised to marry him.

Of course in the meantime I wouldn't be handing this stranger all my personal details on a silver platter either. Come on. It's the internet. Literally millions of people. You could be talking to anyone. That's not paranoia. That's reality.

Just my thoughts.
  • PL_SM
    PL_SM Posts: 181 Member
    rja181 wrote: »
    Just be careful I would suggest. Especially when giving out personal details, phone numbers etc. Are you talking about other websites or just this one?

Just on here. I find it's full of genuine people but iv not added any friends to date. I want to but obviously just letting that run it's course. I got chatting to someone tonight and got sent a friend request after a couple messages then asked for my phone number so it didn't seem right. But I also wondered if they just thought it might be good to chat that way. But, common sense prevails. Just feel bad removing a friend when I'm not sure if they are a catfish but not worth the risk

You don't have to delete them. Just tell them you aren't comfortable giving out your number. They will understand, if not then they are one if the weirdos.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    You're not dating them, they don't need to see video of you, or you of them. If you become good enough friends, sure, but there's no reason they should be requesting video chat at this point.