Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So Mother's Day was wonderful! I, not being a mother yet, got to have a really good visit with my MIL. She is really ill, dying slowly is probably a better way to say it though heart-wrenching. But she was incredibly lucid and breathing mostly on her own. So DH was really happy that we got to see her on a good day. She wasnt as crazy as she normally is. So that was nice for me. And we took my Mom and Dad out for dinner at a favorite, nice Italian restaurant. I kind of blew the whole diet thing that day though. I had a nice tossed pasta dish with olive oil, shrimp, mussels, and tomatoes. It was really yummy. But I ate like a half a loaf of rosemary bread and probably a large handful of fried calamari. It was all delicious but I definitely overdid it.

So that, coupled with not posting/logging/exercising over the weekend and yesterday has just kind of killed my drive. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'm a little worried to look at the scale. Yesterday, I didnt eat too badly. I probably stayed pretty close to my goals. I didnt eat too badly but I just had no drive to post or log or do anything. I got home about 6pm, made dinner(ate way too big of a portion) and plopped on the couch to watch the Penguins Hockey game. They won...Woohoo!

Had a pretty bad day today at work. We werent even that busy, but the times that we were, we were REALLY busy. The three times we were super busy, I was the only teller on the line and the only one in the bank with a money box so no one could help me because most of them were in a meeting downstairs. So I had lines of people and several complicated transactions and everyone talking to me or near me all at the same time. I've only been in the branch for about a month. But I did two pretty major boo boo's. They were fixed and my till was only off by a penny. But it still made me feel really terrible about myself. I wanted to bum a smoke from one of my co workers so badly just so I could step outside and take a deep breathe for a few minutes, but I havent lit up since April of last year and I wasnt going to let something like this steal that accomplishment from me! Nothing can make me smoke again! Definitely stupid work things! It ended up working out okay in the end so it wasnt TOO terrible.

But it's 5pm here at the Jersey Shore so I'm gonna do goals for tonight/tomorrow:

1. Rewrite Response Cards and leave them everywhere!
    2. Eat all of my meals and snacks in the main room when home
    3. Lights out by 11pm(I'm off tomorrow so no need to get up super early)
    4. Log all food
    5. Stay in the green
    6. Go for a walk/bike ride/gym
    7. Do laundry
    8. Clean up a bit
    9. Spend time with the DH watching hockey

Seems like a lot, but mostly doable, I think.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    My last meal of the day will be dinner!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Only did a few of my goals yesterday, not sure why but felt a bit stubborn! Maybe the list was too long and strict. Still the scale was going in the right direction this morning.
    So jft tues....
    Guitar lesson
    Stay under calories
    Bike walk or YouTube class, whichever
    At least 20 mins woodwork
    Check back in!

Hey I can tick these all off today! Result.
    Jftomorrow weds then

Stay under calories
    Walk bike or YouTube class whatever
    At least 40 mins woodwork
    More analog than digital reading
    Check back in
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I've been reading the book "the Beck Diet Solution". It is about Cognitive Behavior Therapy, to think like a thin person. Everyday you get a assignment for 6 weeks. Today's assignment is to write all the reasons I want to lose weight. Write these on a index card, and 4x a day, go and read the list. It says to take this list with you in your purse, even post it on the refrig, etc. to remind myself daily why I want to lose weight.

Finally catching up with this. I had actually written a list of reasons around the time I joined MFP in Nov. 2015. The list has been stuck in my desk drawer for a while, so I dug around to find it, and tweaked it a little. Here's my list of reasons:
    • Wear my wedding ring again (haven't worn it in nearly 5 years & I will not have it resized)
    • Get rid of my double chin
    • Continue to walk in 10Ks / 5Ks and have good finish times
    • Wear some cute dresses in my closet this summer
    • Long term, be healthy & physically active into my 70s & 80s
    • Walk in the Packers 5K every year (I walked in the inaugural event, and all six years after)
    • To cross my legs comfortably (even if I'm not supposed to)
    • My shoes / leather gloves won't feel tight
    • Improve my annual Health Risk Assessment score for employer health insurance, specifically weight & BMI
    • Sing with good breath control
    • Sleeves will be looser (I hate tight shirts)
    • Remove the extenders on my bras
    • Don't like being the biggest person in photos
    • Go clothes shopping and enjoy myself

I'm using MFP and calorie counting as my way of life (not diet). Reminder to self: practice mindful eating / put down my fork. Give myself credit for my efforts...after all, I've lost 16# since joining MFP. During that time, I dealt with MIL with dementia living with us. I use this thread and other MFP boards for inspiration, accountability and support. I may be slow, but I'm still in the race.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I take psychiatric meds too! For the longest time I always forgot to take them. I met the DH and he got me to start taking them regularly again. In the very beginning, I kept my meds with me in my bag so that if I did forget I could take them right away. And now, four years and a wedding later, I keep them next to my bed and take them before I go to sleep every night. It's so engrained in me now that I feel like I've missed something if I forget to take them, and it feels effin AMAZING to be stable, especially for the last 4 years. Once you figure out what works for you then it'll become a habit and then you'll be golden!

Thanks for the advice! My thyroid makes me forget haha
    I've just put them next to the kettle. Because I'm bound to make a brew or baby bottle at multiple times in the day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920
    I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day, even though your mil is so poorly. But it's nice you got to see her on a good day!

That meal sounds absolutely delicious!! Could eat one of them right now!

I don't work anymore but when I used to I had days like that.
    I used to work in a cafe at a gym and I always took the early shift if I could (7am-3pm) the next person would be in a 8 but all I was doing was opening up, food prep etc.
    Manager comes in at half 7, X isn't coming in today, and we've got no cover. You're on your own until 10.
    I don't know how but I managed to serve customers coffee, make protein smoothies, clear tables AND cook. I was frazzled!

Hope you have a better day!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Thanks @Bex953172 I'm hoping tomorrow is better too! I'm about to turn in for the night. I'll see everyone in the morning!
  • orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    orlybayu wrote: »
    A few goals I have for today:
    1. Stay under 200 cal. in snacks.
    2. Eat slower.
    3. Drink at least 4 bottles of water.

Did this for today as well. I succeeded in eating slower and drinking more water! Oddly enough, I still feel dehydrated although I drank a lot. As for those snacks, that could've been better. Went over by 50ish. Will do better tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Pretracked meals/snacks.
    walk dog at favorite park plus extra walk with DH & dog early in am
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Weight lifting-be careful with added weights. Bad knee-cautious.
    Research some abdominal exercises, HIIT & metabolic reset.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Have a protein shake this afternoon if hungry.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    To keep myself distracted this evening, I will try hemming my curtains. Try again-Boy Scout meeting ran late.
    10 pm bedtime. Still struggling!
    Preplan meals for weekend.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    05-16-2017
    :) 11,000 steps
    :| Water - 64 oz or more I think so, but I'm not sure if I drank all my last glass or if my husband dumped some.
    :) Stay under 50 calories to help make up for Sunday
    :) Try to do a real pushup, if can't do, do girly pushups - I wasn't able to do real pushup, but my girly ones are better. New goal!
    :) Contact the resume writer

05-17-2017
    • 10,000 steps
    • Water - 64 oz or more
    • Stay under 50 calories to help make up for Sunday
    • Try to do a real pushup
    • Next step with resume writer - initial contact made.
    • Thunderbird - Cardio routine

Trying so hard to decide what job I want. Stay functional or go technical. At my age this is probably my last big job change. Hmmmm
  • cschmitz110515
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Recap T 5/16
    1) Keep net calories in the green...going for two days in a row = fail :s Perhaps I have zeroed in on why I lose weight so slowly, if I bounce days between calories in the red or green. Saw improvement in sugar counts - most came from yogurt and a small banana, not processed stuff. Reminder to self: it's a lifestyle, not a race.
    2) During webinar at noon, pace in office = 4,546 steps :smiley:
    3) Floss = Day 4 - I have to admit, when I want to skip flossing (which is every day), I think of this thread and just do it. Whatever works, I guess. :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...want to walk dog W a.m. before work = not at all, too much time wasted on computer. At least I registered for the next Packers 5K on July 22. :/

Just for today W 5/17
    1) Walk dog before work = already done, walked 2.66 miles...had to do shorter route since I hit the snooze alarm 3X (see #4 from T) :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    So...Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. Hydrate :)
    3. Meet my step goal :)
    4. Finish my to-do list in preparation for the trip :)
    5. Read my Advantages Response cards four times (Did I tell you my granddaughter wrote on the bottom of one of these I had in the kitchen? She wrote "Grandma, you are beautiful just the way you are". So sweet!) :)
    5. Paint my nails tonight :(
    6. Get bills paid tonight :(
    7. Get to bed early so I can get up early, work early and be done early tomorrow to begin my vaca!!!! :/

Just for Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate
    3. Get work caught up so I am not too far behind next Tuesday when I come back from vaca
    4. Pay Bills
    5. Get nails done
    6. Pack for trip tomorrow
    7. Read my Reasons cards at least 4 times
    8. Bed early so not tired tomorrow! :)

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Tuesday, May 16
    1. log all food :/
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. only 1 diet soda :)
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :)
    5. go to the gym or walk :/
    6. read the advantages response card at least 4 times :)
    7. sit down everytime I eat - concentrate on looking at what I am eating :/
    8. EAT SLOWLY. Put down the fork between bites :/
    9. sip on water in the evenings :)
    10. give myself credit for any positives I do today :/

Not the best day ..... but .... today is a new day

JFT, Wed, May 17
    1. log all food
    2. 8+ glasses of water
    3. tea instead of diet soda - no soda today.
    4. go to the gym :) already did this, but was a short workout. so try to go for a walk tonite
    5. plan tomorrows meals
    6. eat slowly
    7. sit while eating - no eating and standing
    8. read my advantage response card 4 x today
    9. sip on water
    10. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable

Day 7
    The BDS task for today is to arrange your environment. Hide trigger foods out of the way - or get them out of the house. I haven't had time to read the whole chapter, but this is basically what is the task today.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon everyone! It's been a pretty awesome day so far! Slept in until 10am and didnt have to wake DH up this morning because he closes tonight. So I woke up on my own, with the DH wrapped around me snoring away. It was pretty nice! Got up and did some bible reading and devotionals over coffee and then woke up the DH and had some calorie burning fun ;). Lol. So now we are awake and kicking and it's almost 1pm. So DH is getting ready for work and I have to get up and going to the laundromat and then probably hit the gym. It's supposed to be 90F out today so I dont think I am going to be doing much outside. Though, maybe later this afternoon when it cools down a little bit, I might take one of my new lite beers and spend some time on my back deck. My back deck is about five feet off a creek that runs through my backyard. I live in the middle of a pretty dense forest. It's absolutely gorgeous every season of the year!

I hope all is well today! Have a great day!
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Okay so my goals for today are to drink 6 glasses of water and not eat after 9pm.
    Today is day 1 of my reset and I'm not quitting this time!
    Goal weight 145... 33 lbs to go!!
  • junodog1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    05-17-2017
    :) 10,000 steps
    :) Water - 64 oz or more
    :) Stay under 50 calories to help make up for Sunday
    <3 Try to do a real pushup - I did a pushup!
    :) Next step with resume writer - Looking at the resume - looking at their rates ... hmmm
    :'( Thunderbird - Cardio routine - nope. Went home and took an unintentional nap

05-18-2017
    • 10,000 steps
    • Do another pushup! Then do more than one.
    • Be nice at work
    • Train people on retro worksheets & terminal pay
    • Do a workout video
    • Bed by 11:00
  • junodog1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    steph81881 wrote: »
    Hi all!! Okay so my goals for today are to drink 6 glasses of water and not eat after 9pm.
    Today is day 1 of my reset and I'm not quitting this time!
    Goal weight 145... 33 lbs to go!!

It is great that you are back at it! That's not quitting.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Pretracked meals/snacks.
    walk dog with DH
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Evening snacking is becoming a habit again. Need to work on this!

• junodog1
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

Pretracked meals/snacks.
    walk dog with DH
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Evening snacking is becoming a habit again. Need to work on this!

Would you recommend the Half Size podcasts me for help with motivation?
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap W 5/17
    1) Walk dog before work = already done, walked 2.66 miles...had to do shorter route since I hit the snooze alarm 3X (see #4 from Tues) :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green = 102 in the red and -4 sugar grams, I'll take it! :smile:
    3) Floss = Day 5 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off = 10:20 close enough...I was watching weather reports for severe storms approaching :#

Just for today R 5/19
    1) Keep net calories in the green
    2) This evening, start strength training, just start!
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...I'm starting to wake up easier, which will be great for walking dog before work during the summer