Need an answer please???

Options
2»

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    TerreK wrote: »
    Wow?!?!!! Thanks so much everyone!!! Such great insight & information.....So, it kinda sounds like a "weighting" game??? (Bawhahaha!!!! Sorry, that was lame....but, I couldn't resist!!!) Of course, it's rewarding to see the scale going down...and I can notice in the way my body looks/feels...I've just never had to try & lose weight b4, so I thought when I entered, "2# per week" as my goal, that I'd get 2# off per week. I don't really know anything about dieting/working out/or very much about nutrition??? Except I love all veggies & most fruits and I guess that's a good thing? I eat lean meat on occasion & love fish! I'll welcome any and all advice....this community is AWESOME AND INSPIRING!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

MFP will not set your calories lower than 1200, so even though it says 2 lbs/week you might actually be eating at a smaller deficit than that. But that's okay! You should only be aiming to lose 2lbs/week if you have more than 50-75 lbs to lose.
  • TerreK
    TerreK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'6 and currently weigh 172...my original "goal" I entered was to hit 150#...I was trying to be realistic and give myself a goal I thought I should be able to reach reasonably comfortably....? (I don't wanna starve...I like red wine/ an occasional dessert, don't work out daily, etc.) I have 2 small children that keep me super busy & will be returning to a very active career soon....At one point in my life I was 125# and thought I was still "too heavy"....I see pictures from back then & realize I've had this body image issue my whole life?!?!!! I was WAYYYY TOO THIN...I am a smaller frame woman & may look healthier at a bit heavier? So....all that said, I hope to get to 150, and reassess how I look/feel and then I'll decide if I'd like to keep losing or just maintain my healthy lifestyle.