Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    Recap yesterday- Didn't eat after 9! Yay... I did not meet my water goal though... so for today...

Drink 6 glasses of water
    Do 10 pushups
    No eating after 9
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    So I did the laundry and made it to the gym. Read a new book yesterday. Started while I was walking on the treadmill at the gym and got sucked in. The DH closed last night so I was by myself all evening and read the whole book. Didn't log a single thing but finished a beach read in six hours. Lol. Stayed up waaaay to late though. Didn't get to bed until after 1am.

Was almost late to work to because I got my schedule wrong. Thank goodness I double checked. Lol.

So Just For Today 5/18

1. Log everything and stay in green
    2. Spend some time at the gym
    3. Eat a yummy and healthy dinner.
    4. Go to the food store for healthy treats
    5. Be in bed by 9:30(got an early morning tomorrow)

Have a great day everyone!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Wed, May 17
    1. log all food :)
    2. 8+ glasses of water :) Doing much better with this because of drinking ice tea
    3. tea instead of diet soda - no soda today. :/ But ...... only ONE diet coke from McDonalds!
    4. go to the gym :) already did this, but was a short workout. so try to go for a walk tonite :) Very short, 1 mile walk though. Been on my feet all day long
    5. plan tomorrows meals :/
    6. eat slowly :)
    7. sit while eating - no eating and standing :)
    8. read my advantage response card 4 x today :)
    9. sip on water :)
    10. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

Trying not to weigh myself, as I tend to get SO discouraged. At the beginning of the week I was 201.6 -- only 1.6 away from being out of the 200s. This morning, the scale said 204.6. What gives!!! So ... trying not to get discouraged, but boy, it sure is discouraging.

JFT, THursday
    1. log all food
    2. drink water
    3. eat slowly
    4. only only when sitting
    5. read my response cards 4x a day
    6. read my response cards at nite when I want to snack
    7. sip on water in evening
    8. Task for Day 8 --- plan my day to help me lose weight. Plan my meals, snacks, when I will exercise, etc.

So the task for Day 8 is to create a plan to succeed. We are suppose to plan -- when we will exercise, when we will plan the meals for the week and the snacks, when we will prepare these meals, etc.

For me, this is the hardest, as I am TERRIBLE with planning ahead. I guess that is partially why I can't seem to lose weight - because I don't have really good meal plans. And for snacks, I need to plan out what I am going to eat, so I don't tend to graze.

Someone on this site mentioned he only eats the snacks he has planned. He said if he goes off of that plan, it tends to lead to a nite of grazing. gee .... this is me

• HGSmith0920
    @joan6630 I usually plan my dinners out a week in advance(that is actually what I am going to do after this post lol) and I always make sure to keep a few different kinds of healthy snacks around the house. When I go shopping I usually pick up a big bag of unsalted nuts, a bag of popcorn that is only seasoned with "a hint of olive oil" and some fat free, low sugar all natural frozen strawberry fruit bar. I also keeps several kinds of fruit around the house too. Sometimes I'm pretty terrible at night grazing! But I figure, if I'm gonna eat anything, at least it's healthy. OH! I forgot to mention that I portion everything out into either the suggested serving size or sometimes smaller. I have a whole bunch of different sized sandwich/storage bags. I found these awesome snack bags at Walmart that have different cup sizes(1/4,1/2, 3/4, 1) right on the bag itself, so that really really helps too! I use the little bags for my nuts and things like that. And I use the bigger sandwich bags for cut up fruit or popcorn. I've discovered that a sandwich sized bag filled with "naked" popcorn is just the perfect amount to satisfy my crunchy snack cravings!

Well work wasnt too bad at all today. My drawer even out and when I got a call from corporate about an item I took in, I started internally freaking out. But it turned out that I didnt do anything wrong. They just needed the document because it was a money order from Canada and had different regulations and numbers than the US ones do even though it was in US dollars. So at least now I know, and I didnt do something wrong. No one in the branch knew that we were supposed to send it the back office. But other than that, the day was pretty uneventful and my drawer balanced out so that's all good.

We had egg salad and spinach on whole wheat wraps for dinner since it's like 95F outside and our window unit only cools the bedroom. So the main room is terribly hot and sticky and we didnt want to eat anything hot. But they were actually healither than what I had planned for dinner(healthi'er' sloppy joes) so that's a win. Although I am over on my carbs goal. But everything else is really in the green. Lol

I'm off to start meal planning. Have a great night everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited May 2017
    :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Well this morning has been some kind of clusterfluff! I work about 30 minutes away from home. I pulled into the parking lot of the bank with about 20 minutes to spare and suddenly realize I left my phone on my bed, next to my sleeping husband. So I wait the 20 minutes until the Branch Manager shows and we then realize that myy:anager's managers switched one of our floating tellers from closing to opening this morning and didnt tell her. That's two of her bosses never told her about it. So me being the good employee that I am, offered to leave and go back at 1pm and close at 7pm. But they're going to reimburse me for my morning trip there and back today which they rarely do. Lol. So I guess that's good. It's not much money but at least it's something. Plus I have a whole morning to get stuff done without the DH home to distract me. Lol.

So here are my goals for today:

1. Log all food and stay in the green
    2. Go to the gym this morning
    3. Drink 64oz of water
    4. Do the dishes
    5. Attempt to go food shopping this morning
    6. Spend time with the DH this evening
    7. In bed with the tablet and light off by 10:30.

The shopping might be a stretch, but I think I can do it. I have 3 hours before I have to leave for work, so we'll see.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

Pretracked meals/snacks.
    walk dog with DH
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Weight lifting-be careful with added weights. Bad knee-cautious.
    Research some abdominal exercises, HIIT & metabolic reset.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    20 min nap/meditative breathing.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Evening snacking is becoming a habit again. Need to work on this!
    10 pm bedtime. Still struggling!
    Preplan meals for weekend.

Would you recommend the Half Size podcasts me for help with motivation?

Junodog1,
    Heather's podcasts feature interviews from people on their journey or her own commentary. I would definitely recommend listening for motivation. Heather is very practical, doesn't sell products, not a quick fix approach. I've enjoyed most of the podcasts. The challenge would be picking a podcast to start with. At first I got inspiration from the interviews (new every Monday) but a few months ago I signed up for the community to listen to the webinars and have access to more material. The community membership will be closing soon b/c they have so many members, but you will have more than enough material to listen to. She is on FB & her website halfsizeme.com (great before-after pics of the interviewees). Let me know how it goes!

Sara
  • Saragirl2

Pretracked meals/snacks. Noticed this am that I'm not very good about adding in my food after eating it!
    walk dog with DH
    Weight lifting-I've surpasses a lot of my weights from back when I quit in Sept! I'm way up on my chest pressing & usually I have such poor upper body strength.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Evening snack will have to be a healthy protein.
    10 pm bedtime. Still struggling!
    Preplan meals for weekend.

I cannot stand my belly! When I walk past the mirror at the gym I'm so disappointed. Yesterday, I had the same feeling while working out and I became self conscious. But then a positive thought came into my mind....I'm working hard at this, it won't happen overnight, if people at the gym are watching me, then keep watching...and see what happens. I won't give up b/c I'm concerned about what others think. This is for me! Frankly, most of the people at he gym have been friendly so why this stuff pops into my head, I have no idea!

Push to failure! Keep challenging yourself!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap R 5/19
    1) Keep net calories in the green = Yes (barely but still a yes) :smiley:
    2) This evening, start strength training, just start! = fail...one of these days :/
    3) Floss = Day 6 (approaching my record) ;)
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 & TV off...I'm starting to wake up easier, which will be great for walking dog before work during the summer = Yes :smile:

Just for today F 5/20
    1) Planned and done: walked dog 3 miles before work. That's 3x this week! So happy about this. :smiley:
    2) All snacks / meals except dinner pre-logged...keep net calories in the green.
    3) Complete to-do list prior to brother & SIL overnight visit on weekend (he's running in the Green Bay Marathon on Sunday)
    4) Floss

Happy Friday everyone! Tracie, have a great time in Chicago! :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Wed, May 17
    2. 8+ glasses of water :) Doing much better with this because of drinking ice tea
    3. tea instead of diet soda - no soda today. :/ But ...... only ONE diet coke from McDonalds!

So the task for Day 8 is to create a plan to succeed. We are suppose to plan -- when we will exercise, when we will plan the meals for the week and the snacks, when we will prepare these meals, etc.

For me, this is the hardest, as I am TERRIBLE with planning ahead. I guess that is partially why I can't seem to lose weight - because I don't have really good meal plans. And for snacks, I need to plan out what I am going to eat, so I don't tend to graze.

@joan6630 good for you on the water, tea and diet soda! I know it's hard for you, sounds like you're making progress. Don't worry about doing it all at once...baby steps. :smile:

As for planning and me = eh. I try to meal plan but I'm not very consistent at it. Breakfast / lunch is fairly routine for me, not dinners. I do great when I do plan meals, though. Then my hubby works second shift M - F and he doesn't always feel like eating at my "normal" meal times that I try to stick to (I work a desk job M - F 8 a.m. to 4:30 and go home for lunch most days). Sometimes I'm trying to eat up leftovers and stay within my calorie goals b/c I hate the food to go to waste. And on weekends, hubby and I may go out to eat on a whim. It's a struggle at times.

I tried pre-logging daily food after others on this thread did, and I found that helps me stay on plan most times. It's days when my meal plan is fairly loose that I can go off track. Also if I'm overtired I tend to snack late in the day.

I do try to plan my exercise weekly though. My goal is to walk dog 4x or more per week, so I consider my schedule and the weather when deciding which days. Now I'm trying to re-incorporate strength training (weight machine and hand weights in our basement), but that hasn't happened yet. That will take me a little time.

Carmela in Green Bay
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    @joan6630 I have the same diet soda problem!! And the Diet form McD is the best... I've never been a big fan of their food but I will hit that drive through to get a soda lol!

I didn't hit my water goal yesterday... I need to really commit to doing that today. Eating is going well and I'm going to disneyland tonight so I will get all my steps in no problem!! Yay!! Happy Friday!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Broke my phone booooo
    I'll check in every now and then but can't really post because this pad is really slow. Unbearably slow.
    Ill try keep track of the BSD though

I have days 1-5 written down could you repost day 6 onwards please @joan6630 xx
  • HGSmith0920
    Boo @Bex953172 That's not cool! I love reading your posts! But boy do I know what you mean. Posting on my tablet is the worst. I post from my phone at work and from my laptop when I'm home. I dont have access to the website...or really any website at work. Lol. I'm not that privileged yet. Lol Just know that you will be missed and that we will do our best to go on without you until you get a new phone! Then we expect you to be back young lady! LOL

• HGSmith0920
    So here are my goals for today:

1. Log all food and stay in the green :)
    2. Go to the gym this morning :)
    3. Drink 64oz of water B)
    4. Do the dishes :D
    5. Attempt to go food shopping this morning :D half of it..I ran out of money. Lol
    6. Spend time with the DH this evening <3
    7. In bed with the tablet and light off by 10:30. Well considering it's 11:12pm and I'm still awake and on my tablet! I'll call that a bust!

Had a pretty good day today. Had my first monthly coaching session for work today and it went really well. It was more about "What can we as managers do to make you feel more comfortable processing transactions?" It wasnt about my screw ups or anything. It was about progress and becoming more comfortable with the whole process. And we came up with an action plan for me to work on until my next session in the middle of June. So that was really encouraging. Maybe I'm not screwing up as much as I thought I was...or rather...maybe there not holding it against me like I think they should be. Lol. I'm great at mentally sabotaging myself with how I think people should be viewing me and the random things I do. It's a terrible terrible habit that I really need to break. I get so down on myself and just so defeat and I shouldnt because most of my supervisors understand that I'm totally new to banking. They dont expect me to be perfect and they kind of expect me to ask a lot of questions and to not know what I'm doing a decent amount of the time. Lol.

But I ended up staying up this late because the Penguins Playoff Hockey is on and this was an important game THAT THEY OWN! Lol. So staying up way past my bedtime was totally worth it!

Anyway have a great night everyone! I'll post my goals for tomorrow in the morning. Right now I am super tuckered out. So sleep, here I come!
  • Bex953172
    Boo @Bex953172 That's not cool! I love reading your posts! But boy do I know what you mean. Posting on my tablet is the worst. I post from my phone at work and from my laptop when I'm home. I dont have access to the website...or really any website at work. Lol. I'm not that privileged yet. Lol Just know that you will be missed and that we will do our best to go on without you until you get a new phone! Then we expect you to be back young lady! LOL

Awh so sweet!
    I shall be back don't worry!!
  • Saragirl2

Happy Saturday!

Pretracked meals/snacks.

Weight lifting-Push to failure on my weights.
    20 mins on elliptical trainer.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Evening snack will have to be a healthy protein.
    10 pm bedtime.
    Plan weekend meals-Boys are away at Boy Scout camp so it'll be easy with my youngest. I will roast a double batch of vegetables.

• cschmitz110515
    Recap F 5/19
    1) Planned and done: walked dog 3 miles before work. That's 3x this week! So happy about this. :smiley:
    2) All snacks / meals except dinner pre-logged...keep net calories in the green. Pretty close = net calories 49 in the red. Happy with that. :smile:
    3) Complete to-do list prior to brother & SIL overnight visit on weekend (he's running in the Green Bay Marathon on Sunday) = Everything's ready for their visit :smiley:
    4) Floss = Day 7 :smiley:

Just for today Sat. 5/20 - keeping it very simple:
    Making homemade spaghetti sauce so brother can carb-load for his marathon tomorrow. Doesn't mean I get to eat unlimited amounts too. Watch portions and log food today. Drink my water.
  • pattistange
    pattistange Posts: 2 Member
    I want to join
  • Bex953172
    I want to join

Would love you to join! Post your goals and you're set! Good luck! Looking forward to future posts!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,303 Member
    It helps so much to write it down so for today, 1) go to gym
    2) cook the spaghetti squash & butternut squash I bought on "quick sale" yesterday