weighing in

Options
What time of day do you weigh yourself?

What do you think is the best time and why?

Replies

• ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been told its first thing in the morning before food/water and after using the toilet.

Personally unless your schedule changes a lot from week to week so long as it's at the same time every day/week that's fine for tracking weight loss for me so I do it as soon as I get to the gym.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the AM, after using the facilities, before eating or drinking anything. I figure it eliminates as many variables as possible.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    same here
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning naked and only weigh in once a week. My body always seems to gain on the 5th or 6th day of the week... no idea why. Then it drops back down by the end. So if I weigh every day I lose motivation. But once a week is great.
  • crabtasticshrimp
    crabtasticshrimp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you.
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Every morning after getting out of bed and using the bathroom.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Same as the posters above.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Same as above, although I usually weight a half dozen times thoughout the day to note fluctuations due to intake, sodium/etc
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    once in the morning when i get up. i only log it once a week.
  • 1reason2live4
    1reason2live4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Really got tired of the fluctuations if I weighed myself too often. I now weigh and log myself on the 1st and the 15th of the month. Much less drama.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Same as everyone else... In the morning, after I've peed and before eating. Only once a week.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't really like doing it in the morning because I'd rather have some food in me, surprisingly.
    I usually do it at about 10 pm, always right before my workout.
    I keep the timing consistent day by day.
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Same time every day. Frequency depends on your tolerance for variances that are totally normal, but sometimes frustrating. I like daily, but don't get too high or too low unless a trend appears for 2 weeks or more. Bodies vary, nothing we can or should try to do about that.