1300 Calories and not losing!

Options

Replies

• DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Someone say sugar.. now I want jelly beans!

I've been craving licorice jelly beans for days
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I appreciate everyone's honest feedback. I love that this community doesn't sugar coat things, lol.
    Now you've upset the keto people. :/

Is it KetoClub's turn to become upset?
  • gemabbi
    gemabbi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes I found this as well. I would stick to my calorie allowance and I wasn't loosing perhaps a pound. I'm 35 years old. I found I was eating within the correct allowance of carbs protein and sugars. But I discovered that it was me and my body doesn't respond well with carbs and sugar so I've cut out refined sugars and carbs now I'm loosing. I could also be the metabolism needs a boost. Try looking at your macronutrients
    :)
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use an app called Happy Scale to keep me grounded. My mind plays the same "OMG-I'm-not-losing-weight" trick if I don't. Remember, weight loss isn't linear.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's honest feedback. I love that this community doesn't sugar coat things, lol.
    It's fantastic, isn't it? Straight to the point and honest. No dilly-dallying. :)

I wish you all the best with your goals. It would be best to weigh the avocado; actually use a food scale for all solid foods and leave the cups/spoons to the liquids instead. Much more accurate.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    gemabbi wrote: »
    Yes I found this as well. I would stick to my calorie allowance and I wasn't loosing perhaps a pound. I'm 35 years old. I found I was eating within the correct allowance of carbs protein and sugars. But I discovered that it was me and my body doesn't respond well with carbs and sugar so I've cut out refined sugars and carbs now I'm loosing. I could also be the metabolism needs a boost. Try looking at your macronutrients
    :)

Fruit, dairy and veg are carbs. Did you cut those out as well?

Weight loss is all about calories, not macros.

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Eat simple foods so there are no hidden calories anywhere.
    For example, Put chicken or fish in oven and eat plain. Eat things with nutrients listed on the package and don't add anything to them... so you can be exact.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I LOVE avocados and eat them regularly on toast, you would be surprised at how much they can vary in weight.

Good luck and keep going.... you are on the right track. Sorry for your loss!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    For example, Put chicken or fish in oven and eat plain. Eat things with nutrients listed on the package and don't add anything to them... so you can be exact.

What are hidden calories?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

What are hidden calories?

My guess is calories people ignore
  • Corey1949
    Corey1949 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories...tried that and only became more ravenous. I count carbs keeping them below 30 and increased my good fat intake to about 160 grams or 22 ounces. Stay away from root vegetables concentrate mainly on vegetables that grow above ground. Works out to about 2000 calories per day per My Fitness Pal. Protein I keep around 93 grams or 15 ounces. I'm 67 and have lost 13 pounds in 6 weeks and feel great without hunger between meals. Check out www.dietdoctor.com.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Corey1949 wrote: »
    Stay away from root vegetables concentrate mainly on vegetables that grow above ground.

What's wrong with root vegetables? Potatoes can be polarizing (I love them), but carrots, beets, turnips, and the like are very low cal...