30 Day Shred Newbies!

Options

Replies

• losingtheselbs
    losingtheselbs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Level 1 Complete today! I'm new to both MFP and 30DS, I hope I can last the whole 30 days... I want to see results! Wish me luck!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Made it through D4 L2 yesterday... on to D5 today. BUT I'm really pumped because I was able to do all of the plank jacks and the plank/ab/twist thing at the end of circuit three. Holla!
  • losingtheselbs
    Options
    L1 D2 today and I only did up to the end of circuit 2, I don't know whether I didn't strecth properly or did a move wrong or something but my left leg cramped to the point where I couldn't continue :( so disappointed! I'm doing an extra day for this!
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just started level 2 on the 30 day shred. During the 1st level I lost a total of 3.4 lbs. I love the dvd its quick and very effective!
  • amberfranklin1
    amberfranklin1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join! I started the 30DS July 18. I am now only on L1D7. Weekends are hard for me to stay on track! I am a recent Insanity grad and decided to take a little break before starting that back up since I have to do that in the garage due to space and it is just too hot! The 30DS is not nearly as hard as Insanity, but is enough of a challenge to keep me feeling like I am still working out hard. I love the fact that it is so short, which makes the excuse of not having the time not as easy! I had lent my hand weights to a friend, so today will be the first day that i will be using weights, I have just been doing the strength moves without them, cant wait to now do it right! I have a Polar HRM and am used to having huge calorie burns from Insanity and I am now burning about half of what I am used to (this may be due to the shorter time too) so I am also jogging in the evenings. I had gotten so used to having tons of exercise calories to eat back that I need a little more than the 30DS! Im looking forward to following others who are doing the same as I am.
  • littlemissshowoff
    Options
    I started doing it a few weeks ago but since then I've been refurbishing the kitchen and haven't had the time. I do remember it was really good! I could barely do it the first time I tried, but kept going and after about three days I was already getting much better. Am going on holiday next week so have decided to wait until I get back before I start it again but I'm really looking forward to it.
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just started the workout yesterday. I've been an athlete for most of my life and fell off the wagon over the last 2 years. Yep, level one was a challenge, but I'm looking forward to improving, getting back into peak shape, and feeling better.

Best to you!
  • Melanie858
    Melanie858 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My 30DS Dvd arrived yesterday and I did my first day yesterday too. Was hard work, but I'm looking forward to completing the next 30 days! I have about 10lbs left to lose and hoping this will at least push me a bit closer to my goal weight, and help lose some inches at the same time.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my second day! today is my 3rd! i'm SORE but feel great!!!
  • Melanie858
    Melanie858 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've just done Day 2 of Level 1! Don't feel sore afterwards, but it sure did burn while doing it!! I find the squats (while pushing up weights) and the side lunges the hardest!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 4 ( I will be doing it when I get home from work). This DVD is WORK. I am soaked with sweat and beet red when it is done. BUT I already see improvements. Day 1 I was shaking, Day 3? No shakes afterwards. Day 1 I burned 363 cals doing the shred. Day 3? 311 cals. I had to take 3 or 4 five second breaks day 1. Day 3? 2 breaks. I am doing the "Anita version" and don't feel bad about it because it is still so much of a challenge. I am SUPER out of shape but I definitely see that changing in 27 more days.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention that i was killer sore after day 1 - 2 but after day 3 I am feeling okay. I still feel fatigue in my muscles but I can actually sit down properly and not slam myself down into a chair because my quads hurt so much lol
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 4 today and also walked 7.5km. Not as sore at day 2 or 3 and managed 84 crunches today which is 10 more than yesterday.

Glad I am not the only one with the quad burn!

Also noticed 1/4 inch of my thigh and 1/4 inch off my hips. Not much but not bad for only day 4! Really want to shift some inches off my waist so bring on day 5.
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    So mad that I don't have any measurements or tools for it. The scale isnt working for me because its TOM grrr. Level 1 is still hard for me and I'm on day 6 "/
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 2 done today! The planks are getting a little easier... not by much though! I also can't do double crunches... I try but they don't happen haha. Keep going everyone! I've weighed in again today, lost another pound - 5 in total! The scale actually said 153.7 this morning, but I'm still nervous to call it at 154 (right now I'm 155). If it's still down tomorrow then that's 6 pounds from the shred!
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    Day 6 of Level 2 done today! The planks are getting a little easier... not by much though! I also can't do double crunches... I try but they don't happen haha. Keep going everyone! I've weighed in again today, lost another pound - 5 in total! The scale actually said 153.7 this morning, but I'm still nervous to call it at 154 (right now I'm 155). If it's still down tomorrow then that's 6 pounds from the shred!

Awesome job! Keep it up :)
  • MrsWibbly
    Options
    Day 5 (Level 1) and its getting easier. Not struggling so much between moves and can finally keep up with the cardio (yeah!!) I can also now manage a full set of the last set of crunches. Weights are feeling a little light now so moving up from my 1lb hand weights to something larger (will have to find my other weights as I haven't seen them in 4 years!!) Still struggling with push ups but I have always had very little upper body strength. Got big powerful legs from cycling and walking a lot as a kid (used to do a minimum of 30 miles cycling a week from age 11 to 16 cycling to school and back!) Going to work on getting deeper into the lunges and squats now that my quads aren't burning.

Def seem to be losing inches but will wait til Friday to weigh in again.
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Hey!

I just started the 30DS today! level one and it totaly kicked my backside!! how is it that i should be working this? is it level 1 for 30 days or level one for so many days then onto level 2/3 just a bit clueless lol

Lynsey
  • MrsWibbly
    Options
    Hey!

I just started the 30DS today! level one and it totaly kicked my backside!! how is it that i should be working this? is it level 1 for 30 days or level one for so many days then onto level 2/3 just a bit clueless lol

Lynsey

I think most people do 10 days at each level to do the 30 days.
  • amberfranklin1
    amberfranklin1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    scotslass- From what I understand, you do each level for 10 days. It seems that many will say they move up a level as soon as their current level gets too easy.

Today will be L1D8 for me. As I said in my previous post, I had lent my weights to a friend, so I had just been doing the strength moves without. Yesterday finally got the weights and boy it made a difference. I have been doing the shred with my two kids as one is starting football practice next week and the other high school softball. I let one use the 2lb weights and the other the 3lb, so I was stuck with the 5lb weights. It seemed to be a pretty good weight for all the moves but thoe darn side lunges! I struggled with the weights on those, but made it through with fewer reps. Hope that today will be better! After being a graduate of Insanity, pushups are a breeze! Feels great to be able to say that, but I remember all too well, at the beginning of Insanity, not being able to do even one real pushup, and even struggled with the modified version. Now I am pushing those things out like I am in boot camp! I really wish that I had done the shred BEFORE Insanity, it would have been a great way to get prepared, just a little thought for any of you looking ahead. Hope all are doing well, and beating the heat, just saw it is supposed to be 104 here today!
  • losingtheselbs
    Options
    L1 D3 completed today! It was hard but I got through it, a lot better than the previous days. Hopefully it becomes a little easier from here on out.. Well until I reach L2!