Have you ever been a victim of Child abuse?????

Options

Replies

• Marinah0987
    Marinah0987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    There is also a mental health website called Elefriends run by Mind. You can join and get lots of online support there.

I will for sure.All your love and concern really means to me.It feels good that you care for others.
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Yes, I was abused as a child. It does stay with you. Listen to what everyone is saying about professional help, but also know that you are not alone and you can talk to me if you need someone to talk to who has been there.

I can feel you had a hard time.You can reach me whenever you want. And yes i really wanna talk to you .
    I no more feel alone with all this support and love ,it is alot more than i expected.
    Hugs...
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    I'm a survivor of childhood mental abuse plus physical marital abuse coupled with emotional abuse.
    I became a psychologist because of it. I'm living a full, satisfying life now.
    It can be overcome!

I'm glad you are doing good.May be someday i will be strong enough like you.I am still suffering from extreme mental abuse on daily basis.I'm done with it.But i cn,t leave this place.I have to live with my FAMILY until i gt married where they wish. And i have no hope how would be my marital life.I'm not even allowed to do a job.Its really tuff to just live like a useless thing .
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I somehow assumed you were in the U.S. but maybe not? I wish I knew how to help.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    HermanLily wrote: »
    Yes, I am a survivor of sexual abuse by someone I trusted. By living in fear/depression you give them the power. We can't change what happened, but we can take back our power to be sure no one ever disrespects us again.

This.

I'm also a survivor of sexual, physical and mental abuse and went on to abuse myself through drug addiction for eighteen years.

Therapy, therapy, therapy. Exercise helps the PTSD.

Bless you, sweetheart, may you find your way. <3
    I'm so sorry that you had to go through this.Hopefully you are doing good now.
    I really wish i can meet you
    I wish i could hug you right now
    I'm trying to find my ways
    much love for you..
    and yes a warm hug <3

I am doing amazingly well. Thank you! It is possible to overcome. It takes much kindness (kindness to yourself, from yourself), patience and just never giving up on yourself. It also takes relearning all of the skills that healthy adults learned from good parenting, such as simply making good decisions, respecting ourselves and others boundaries and learning how to communicate. There are times it will seem impossible, and the scars never heal, we have to learn to work around them, such as a person who loses a limb will learn to function without it.

When you're able, therapy will help. I got into a free program through the country I was in. I opted out of psych meds, because I am a recovering addict, but also because I felt that to truly recover I needed to learn how to handle myself free and clear of any mood or mind altering substance. I am Bipolar 1 with PTSD and obsessive compulsive disorders.

I was and am worth it. As are you.

<3

• paxvobiscum1996
    paxvobiscum1996 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What she said ^^
  • gammerforever
    gammerforever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can feel the orginal thread makers pain, because I too have grown up in the predicament. It's never easy to admit or tell others especially strangers cause for me as a guy, it really males me feel weak. I applaud you sir or mam for sharing with us your experience. It took me almost 10 years to realize that I was being abused as a kid because I had always assumed it was nothing and that I was to blame.

After I injured myself in High school its when it got worse and after 3 years I went from 145lbs to 260lbs (where I am now). I am working out again after finally seeking professional help and I hope you do the same wether you've gained weight from the depression or not.

Best of luck to you amd never feel like your alone.
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    I'm devastated that you had to endure such horrible experiences because of other people's pain and ugliness. I am so grateful that you want to turn the pain into healing and stop the cycle.
    I was a victim of everything described above. I have a deep aversion to hate and anger. To me it's a debilitating illness that kills from the inside worse than cancer. The only way to combat that darkness is with the light.

I want you to find the freedom of knowing this abuse was never because of you. You weren't abused because you were bad, ugly, annoying, stupid, unloved, unwanted, pretty, smart, loved too much, or because God allowed it, etc.... You were abused by the hands of someone who chose to feed the hate in their infected soul and starve the love out of their life. They lost the opportunity and experience of having a beautiful life with you. That's a deep tragedy in and of itself.
    We have to pray that you can forgive that person (or even people) in your life that have done this to you and to themselves~ they are dead in their souls.

You have a strong life inside of you that is ready to start healing. One of the first steps in beginning your healing is with surrendering to forgiveness. I know that this is scary because you will feel vulnerable again. Do not be afraid because you are safe now. You DO NOT have to go back there. You will NEVER need to go back.
    If you do find yourself there in your dreams at night (you know what I mean) try to wake yourself up and start thanking and praising God that you are out of it. Giving gratitude stops the cycle of despair. Basically you could picture it like this... you have an old house that you want to clean out so you are opening up the doors, windows and curtains to start letting the light, sunshine and nice breeze waft through so you can have peace and joy back into your life~the life that God intended for you to have.
    Use your painful experiences as passion to fuel the forgiveness, love, strength and courage to move forward in your path to sanctity, peace and joy. Remember that their are others that are going through what you WENT through that need your healing actions, thoughts, words and prayers.
    You don't have to spend the rest of your life dealing with this. I promise you. You were Created to love and be loved.
    You mentioned PTSD, I'm many years out of the actual trauma but when I was still recovering, once I felt the heart start racing (because the adrenaline "breaker had been tripped) and my mind start going, I would take a second and breath in through my nose really deeply and think, "breathing in I calm my body" and as I would exhale I would think, "all glory to God". Then my body reprogrammed itself and this method that I used immediately calmed my "flight" response off. It was great when I figured it out. Find your calming words. Find what fits you and rest assured that there is an answer. You are not alone. Believe it or not, God was with us and is with us. I know that for some people that is VERY hard to hear because they think if God was there how could He let that happen (or at least for me that's what I had to reconcile) my answer is this;
    Human Beings have free will, as you know and we use it to harm or heal. Sometimes we are subjected to the harming and sometimes to the healing. I know that I never want to contribute to the harming but always to the healing. I want to bring you along with me:)
    All my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!
    Pax Vobiscum!
    Romans 15:13

Dear Pax !

I really dnt know how to describe the feel of healing i get from you.
    Your beautiful words just made me “light as a feather”. Its a feeling like I'm free of pain and sadness and are in a moment of complete and utter bliss – like nothing is weighing me down.
    No one has ever described my pain the way you did.Yes , It is more worse than cancer.

But now I started to realize I,M NOT ALONE. There are many beautiful Souls like you who despite their battles in life, tried to make sure to give me some peace and love. I cn,t describe The essence of your beautiful soul neither i can capture.
    As they says forgiveness is healing... it is crucial for healing. I'll try to think this way.
    I can not thank you for all the mental exercises you told me , all are really helpfull.
    I would love to keep in touch with you.
    THANK YOU YOUR WORDS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME...
    LOVE ....hugs more and more hugs for all the love and care.
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Yes, I was abused as a child. It does stay with you. Listen to what everyone is saying about professional help, but also know that you are not alone and you can talk to me if you need someone to talk to who has been there.

Thank you for being there for me.Much love and hugs.. <3
  • jenmarrs429
    jenmarrs429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I went through this also and still struggle with PTSD.
    Therapy and meds help.
    There is an online support forum I like, HAVOCA.org
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Here are some online resources you might find useful:
    Crisis Text Line
    Talkspace
    SAM APP (Self-Help Anxiety Management)
    Smiling Mind
  • jodiwhite78
    jodiwhite78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was born into an abusive family. The earliest memory I have as a 3 year old girl? My mom and brother are sitting on the couch holding on to each other and they're crying. They're scared. I'm pacing back and forth in front of them confused. Too young to understand what's going on. My "father", if you want to call him that is yelling. He's very angry and he's punching holes into the wall. That's my very first memory. That was my environment during my most important years of brain development. And because of that I went on to abusive relationships for more than 1/2 my life. I'm 39 years old now and I'm still suffering. Depression, anxiety, bad coping mechanisms, I battle them daily. I'm on anti depressants because when I don't take them I become suicidal. What helps me is to surround myself with healthy minded people. I've had to cut ties with people I love because they were abusive to me. Once I started surrounding myself with healthy people things started to get better. Very slowly. Like 10 years slowly. And I still have my bad days. But now I have more good than bad. I'm so sorry your in pain. I wish I could give you a hug and tell you it will all be okay. It will be okay. Each and everyday it'll get better. But the pain never goes away...you just learn how to deal with it and how to love yourself.
    The first step is to admit that you need help. Whether it's medication, counseling or both. Second step, get the help. Let me tell you it took everything I had to get help. But know that you are worth it. Life doesn't have to be like this for you. God bless
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Here are some online resources you might find useful:
    Crisis Text Line
    Talkspace
    SAM APP (Self-Help Anxiety Management)
    Smiling Mind

Thank you for all your concern. I'm 23 and from Asia.we dnt have much facilities here i could nt get them as easily as you adviced. I'm feeling much better last week was really really hard .I cnt see your earlier msgs(i can see just last 3 comments here ) , i was ill thats way could not replied before )
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    yoherbs421 wrote: »
    I too know the feeling of hiding with said heartbeat. You need to talk with someone in person about this. You can pretty much ask anybody who to talk to for help. Help is always there, non-judgmental, waiting for you to reach out. Please don't keep it bottled up. Please do talk with someone.

I tried many times to share this stuff. to let that out from my soul.You know life is not easy for anyone .Everybody is busy in their own life.So , am alrite now Last week was hard though.
    Thanx for your support
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    I'm sorry. I somehow assumed you were in the U.S. but maybe not? I wish I knew how to help.

You are righy.I'm not in U.S am from Asia
  • Marinah0987
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. You are valuable and your recovery needs to start now, not later.

There are non-profit organizations you can turn to if money is the issue stopping you from talking with a counselor. Catholic Charities comes to mind, and I'm sure there are many others. Family and friends often do not have the patience to bear with you as you struggle through this. You don't say how old you are, but if you're still in school, a school counselor could help you find someone to talk to. Your family doctor might also be surprisingly helpful. Even someplace like Planned Parenthood has professional counselors who would know how to direct you in finding the right person to talk to.

It's so important right now for you to find the right guidance. Your family and friends may mean well, but your reliance on them is making you feel worse. When they reject your concerns and your pain, they make you feel abandoned all over again.

While you're looking for a counselor, something that might help immediately is meditation. I find the "Calm" app useful for guided meditation. Changing your thought patterns will be crucial in your recovery, and meditation is a great place to start learning how to do that. If you're a believer, reciting Psalm 23 can make you feel more at peace, and there are a many hymns that you might learn to sing. It Is Well With My Soul is a good one to start with. Singing has healed many wounds in my life.

I wish you peace and a purposeful life.

Thank you for all the love
    Hugs ... :)
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Therapy and meds help.
    Therapy and meds help.

Your words mean world to me..
    Much love and hugs
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    I was born into an abusive family. The earliest memory I have as a 3 year old girl? My mom and brother are sitting on the couch holding on to each other and they're crying. They're scared. I'm pacing back and forth in front of them confused. Too young to understand what's going on. My "father", if you want to call him that is yelling. He's very angry and he's punching holes into the wall. That's my very first memory. That was my environment during my most important years of brain development. And because of that I went on to abusive relationships for more than 1/2 my life. I'm 39 years old now and I'm still suffering. Depression, anxiety, bad coping mechanisms, I battle them daily. I'm on anti depressants because when I don't take them I become suicidal. What helps me is to surround myself with healthy minded people. I've had to cut ties with people I love because they were abusive to me. Once I started surrounding myself with healthy people things started to get better. Very slowly. Like 10 years slowly. And I still have my bad days. But now I have more good than bad. I'm so sorry your in pain. I wish I could give you a hug and tell you it will all be okay. It will be okay. Each and everyday it'll get better. But the pain never goes away...you just learn how to deal with it and how to love yourself.
    The first step is to admit that you need help. Whether it's medication, counseling or both. Second step, get the help. Let me tell you it took everything I had to get help. But know that you are worth it. Life doesn't have to be like this for you. God bless

Life is rough for you...I wish you will get more and more happiness love...
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Therapy and meds help.

I will try this forum.
    thanku for your love and support
  • LozasWoman
    LozasWoman Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been through every kind of abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, verbal, psychological, emotional, financial, sexual...
    My husband says I scream in my sleep... A lot of the time I don't remember it. It affects you, will always have an effect on you. But, we have to start living in our past and look to our future where WE have control over our lives.
    We can't let the past affect our potential, our desire, our will, our success....
    No regrets, no mistakes just life experiences that we learn from to make us wiser and stronger.