Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• kayluvv
    kayluvv Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Kayla! Just trying to get back on track. Figured it might help to have some people doing the same to chat with. My long term goal is to just break 200 but for now i'm trying to rely less on numbers and more on non-scale victories. Hoping to get more in-tune with my body and pay attention to physical(strength, endurance, etc.) changes. So i'll only be weighing myself once a month.

As a jump start i'm doing a 30 day no added sugar detox. Just hit day 13! Which i'm psyched about lol But its a way for me to get use to reading labels, cooking more and really pay attention to what i'm putting in my body again.

If anyone has any advice on the sugar detox, weight loss in general, or how you stay on track please let me know. I'm open to all suggestions and tips. Add me if you'd like!

Hope everyone is having a great day!! :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Welcome @kayluvv! Glad to have you in the group. I've never done a no sugar added challenge, but I stay on track best when I pre-track my day so I have all my meals and snacks planned beforehand

@HGSmith0920 That was quite the scare you had that morning with the alarm clock! I hate being jolted out of bed like that. Great job turning the negative into a positive!

@gemwolf110 That sounds like an amazing concert, I'm so jealous!

@clicketykeys Congrats on the loss!

@jdelaroy 8lbs in 1/2 hour? Does your scale maybe need new batteries?

Welcome @balletgirl1001!

So I basically took my healthy eating plan last week and lit it on fire. I only stayed on track 3 out of 7 days. I was starving all the time, exhausted, and crabby and it seems to be creeping into this week as well :( I even snapped at the SO last night when we were cooking together for no reason. Part of it is that I've just been having too many social things, between family events, my SOs networking events, and derby.

The game was great this weekend and I had a fun time, but having to go to my cousin's grad party the next day set me over the edge. And I'm having a hard time getting motivated at work this morning :(

I did pre-track my food today and made sure I filled it with plenty of fruits and veggies. I did a terrible job fitting them in last week so I'm going to make an effort to be better this week!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I had a really, REALLY hard day today. Among other things, I was supposed to get some blood work done. And I have THE worst veins that anyone has ever seen, according to every nurse who gets to work with me. So I got stuck in the left arm, and when that didn't work, the right arm, and when THAT didn't work, the back of my right hand. Which she managed to get some blood from, but then the vein started to blow. We're hoping it's enough for the test.

I'm just... it was really upsetting, and I'm still crying off and on, and I'm not even sure why. I'm not quite stuffing my face or anything, but I eyeballed an ounce of cheese and a shot of tequila and haven't logged either and I just don't feel like bothering.
  • Rachel0778
    @clicketykeys Sorry you're having a rough day, getting blood drawn is never fun, but yours sounds truly awful

QUIET BOARD! Where is everyone???

We are stuck in the rainy doom and gloom and I seriously miss the sunshine. Is it just me or is it raining way more this year in the Midwest? I did a workout DVD last night and this morning to get my activity in for the first two days of the week. T-25 is waaaay harder than the other BeachBody workouts, holy cow! Also, it was totally my biology messing with me last week because today I feel right back on track (thank goodness!). Here's to a better week ahead!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    @clicketykeys I know how that goes, and some of the phlebotomist are idiots. My veins in my right arm like to roll, my left arm is so much easier to draw blood from. About a year ago, I had to go to the ER, and they wanted blood. I told the nurse my right arm was bad. He argued with me and insisted on doing it on this arm. He tried 3 times and couldn't get it. So then he decided to do the top of my right hand. Still couldn't get it after 3 tries. (Poked 6 times so far.) He decided to go get someone else. She at least listened and tried my left arm. She got it on the first try no problems. By that time, I was ready to just tell them to give me the needle and I would do it myself.

@rachel0778 Sorry, I was super busy this weekend, and just mentally exhausted, and was feeling a little anti-social. I think part of it is because I was doing so bad.

I am hoping to get back on track today.
  • clicketykeys
    Thanks guys :) I actually had to get stuck AGAIN today, but this time it was just for the Wellness Exam so they only needed to do a fingerstab. Whew!

@Rachel0778 you better watch out, next thing you're gonna be going IT'S SOOO HOT! hahaha the Midwest doesn't do anything by halves ;D

@jdelaroy any luck with the scale?
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    FIRST and FORMOST. To all my U.K. Friends. Your are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all of your friends and family are safe. And GOD BLESS all of you

Hi my fitness pal friends. Sorry I have been MIA. Just have a lot going on. Still logging in everyday. But that's about it. I have gained about 10-12 lbs back. My excuse is emotional /stress eating. Hubby and I have been going through a really bad patch. We are finally starting to connect and work as a team. So hopefully this will put an end to all my stress eating. I have come to the realization that the worse I feel about things in general. That is when my eating takes off.

Cassidy finished softballl last Night and I went to grocery store today and got healthy foods. So tomorrow back to eating right and the gym.

Wish me luck I am going to need it. Starting over sucks big time but I'm going to get my *kitten* together.

I will catch up on everyone's posts tomorrow as I forgot my glasses at work and can't read without them. I hope all of you are well. I really have missed all of you.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,294 Member
    Just wanted to check in quick. I'm really pooped because I went to zumba & another class right after where we mainly used weights, then picked up my friend (doesn't have car) from across town & spent afternoon together at my house, ate lunch, visited then took her home. It's been 100 degrees for 2nd day & that wears me out too. I started to slip back into my old eating pattern of eating too much at one meal, I've been having my snack right after I eat a meal so I started to walk away soon as I'm done eating & have snack later if I want to. It's hard. I'm not much of a sweet eater but I bought this cuppaccino gelato at Grocery Outlet` a discount food store we go to & It is delicious!! plus with the hot weather, it hits the spot. I do work it into my daily calories so I hope it's true that you CAN eat stuff like this & still lose as long as you don't go over because I've been eating 340 cal worth, but not going over my daily cal.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Nicole - welcome back, it's good to see you! I hope you and hubby can continue to work things through. Thank you for your thoughts - thankfully, I don't know anyone involved but it's just so grim - I hate what our world is turning into.

@clicketykeys - what a horrible experience. I had some nasty experiences with blood taking when I was pregnant and am now incredibly jumpy about what used to be a straightforward experience for me.

Rachel - hope you are having a better week and that the weather improves for you.

We are back from our long weekend - lovely to get away and get out of the routine of everyday life. And got loads of walks in around the forest where we were staying so kept fairly active as well. Think Alistair enjoyed it though he got a bit tearful and homesick when he got tired each day! Gorgeous weather here (sorry Rachel :smiley: ) so going to try and get stuff done in the garden - which is urgently needed. Have a good wednesday all!
  • Rachel0778
    @janetay01 Definitely jealous of your long weekend and the weather, I hope you have a great Wednesday in the garden!

@Evamutt It's definitely true you can have treats and lose weight as long as you stick to your daily cals. I wouldn't stick with a diet if I couldn't have treats too!

@ngolden3320 We missed you!!!! So glad you're back! I'm glad things are going better on the home front. You'll have those 10lbs off again in no time. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and you're doing a great job getting back at it!

@clicketykeys You are absolutely right, they're thinking it's going to be a stormy, humid summer. Ugh.

@jdelaroy So sorry you had a rough weekend. It is always harder to post when things aren't going well. How did yesterday go?

I'm on day 3 of the slowest week ever, patiently waiting for it to be the weekend. Work is pretty dead since summer started which is both good and bad but it does make the days go by slower. Tomorrow we're having a fresh meat meeting at derby to hopefully get new members which will be fun. Tonight I'm having a friend over for a pizza and movie night which I am really looking forward to! 3 more work days until the long weekend....
  • clicketykeys
    @ngolden3320 - Don't lament needing to start over; instead, celebrate that you are DOING IT! :) You got this!

@evamutt - Yes, it is 100% absolutely true that you will lose weight even while eating "junk," so long as you are at a deficit. You also have to keep in mind that you want to look at trends, not just a single weigh-in (or even a few). I've increased my exercise, so I'm expecting to see my scale numbers to up for a bit, because my body will retain some water while it adjusts.

@janetay01 - Thanks :) I'm wondering if I can be sedated... *laugh* If I don't remember that it happened, I don't really care how awful it was ;D Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Is your garden flowers or vegetables? or both?
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Hi, I'm new here but not new on the weight loss scene. :smile:

I've got about 17pounds (8kg) left till my goal weight (healthy body fat, BMI and just my opinion what would look and feel healthy and fit) , and I've got loads of frustrations haha
    *Haven't been shopping in months cause it would be a waste of money + have lost 2/3 of my wardrobe
    *The last pounds seem to go sooooooo slow!
    *I don't crave meat, can't eat dairy and don't like beans, so majorly lacking protein
    *The last point leads to me doing tons of squats, but booty not getting bigger :neutral:
    132403571.png
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    A couple weeks ago, I had a very frustrating week. I was doing everything right, but I gained weight 7 out of 8 days. Couldn't understand it, and was starting to entertain thoughts of quitting (no, not going to happen, but that was the level of frustration). Then on the 9th day the dam broke and I dropped a half pound. On the 10th day, I dropped *4* pounds. A couple days later I was finally back to where I started when the mystery gains began... then I went into my party weekend. I figured it would be another setback, but... it wasn't! I came out the other side of the weekend with a loss, and another loss, and another... Today I hit my first major goal of 250 (from a starting weight of 293). Only 25 pounds to go to the next goal. Then I need to decide where I'm going from there.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Wolfger nice job not giving up after the mystery gain then loss.

gymprincess... welcome I'm Nichole Not much input since I am recommitting myself, but keep at it.

Rachel I'm with you on the slowest week ever. I can't wait for the long weekend. I have so many weeds I need to get to. Hopefully the rain stays away long enough. Anyone know how many calories you burn pulling weeds? How was your pizza and movie night with your friend?

Janet Your long weekend in the forest sounds like so much fun and I'm sure Alistair had a blast.

Evamutt ick 100's I'm not ready for that yet. Where is it that you live again? It was in the 80's a couple of days last week in Ohio. I would be happy if it stayed between 75-80 all year long.

So 1st day back on the wagon went fairly good yesterday. I stayed under my calories, however I didn't make it to the gym as Cassidy sprung her uniform fitting on me at the last minute for cheer. That was the time I had set aside to go to the gym, I was afraid that if I left the school and went to the gym as soon as I got into it she would call for me to pick her up. So today will be my first day back. Look forward to not being able to move tomorrow.

• Rachel0778
    @gymprincess1234 Welcome! Congrats on getting so close to goal! If you're having trouble with protein have you tried protein powder? I love Quest brand and I add it to my oatmeal for a boost in the morning.

@ngolden3320 Got to love when kids bring up stuff last minute! You're a nice Mom for accommodating, mine probably would have left me at school until she was done at the gym lol! Hopefully today you're able to make it to the gym today with no interruptions

@Wolfger Great job keeping up with your healthy habits, it sounds like it's leading to weight loss! Your example reminds me of why I don't weigh myself every day. I get too stuck in the numbers and it's a bit of a mind *kitten* for me. Keep up the great work!

Thank goodness it's Thursday!!! I had a great time with my friend last night, but I definitely went over calories. The multi-layer enchilada bake was a great hit and I made homemade chips out of the leftover corn tortillas-they turned out pretty well. Of course our fridge then started making an awful noise today, don't you love how something always seems to break? This is another one of those times where I'm glad I rent and can just call my landlord. I secretly call him my Honey Do since he magically fixes everything.

Work is pretty dead again today....it's seriously a dull week here. On the bright side it's finally bright outside! I was able to bring the dog for a walk last night with my friend and this morning before work! He's a happy camper! I've got our extra long derby practice tonight but my body is screaming for a rest so I think I'm going to take tomorrow off to recoup before the weekend. I hope everyone has happy, healthy days!
  • clicketykeys
    @gymprincess1234 - Eggs are also a good source of protein, and they are incredibly versatile.

@Wolfger - It can be hard to keep going when what you're doing doesn't seem to be showing up on the scale. Congratulations for seeing it through!

@ngolden3320 - Good luck at the gym! Hope it feels invigorating and encouraging :)

Just started up at a gym myself. There's only so much I can do from home with minimal equipment - dumbbells, therapy bands, and a yoga mat. The cardio machines were SUPER helpful for getting my heart rate up with minimal stress on my joints. Yay! AND they have an assisted pull-up machine. I'm looking forward to building up to being able to do "real" pull-ups. No idea how long it'll take, though :/
  • gymprincess1234
    @Rachel0778 I've tried some brands, but not keen on the taste, will try to get my hands on Quest , thanks :)
  • gymprincess1234
    @clicketykeys I know, I love eggs, but I'm intolerant to egg whites. :(

I've got gastritis, a whole lot of food intolerances and really bad acid reflux, so that's quite annoying, I have to eat really plain things.
  • kayluvv
    kayluvv Posts: 13 Member
    @Rachel0778 Thank you! yea i'm still new to meal planning (2 weeks in lol), but it really seems to help keep everything on track. Just have to figure out how to shave down the cooking time lol

Sugar Detox day 17! Still going strong!
  • anitahigginbotham
    anitahigginbotham Posts: 2 Member
    I have 100 plus pounds to lose and this is my second time hoping to keep the weight off. I do get discouraged a lot but have been sticking with it. Started this journey March 19, 2017 and lost a total of 34 pounds so far. Would love to join groups to keep me motivated