Survived my first mfp crucifixion

Options

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    jumping in when i did was an utter stroke of genius on my part.

Yeah and you said you were slow today
    Also, can you please stop asking me to call you Daddy, it's kind of creepy
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

lmao. hey! stop that. this is the internet, people believe anything they read!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

lmao. hey! stop that. this is the internet, people believe anything they read!

Haha.
    Alright, alright. That was not true.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Damn - late again. Missed out on the group hug.

cgsgq0w00r48.jpg
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    it's funny people use these terms but aren't quite sure what they mean. Crucifixion was used as capital punishment aka until you're dead and crows eat your face off.

There is no surviving. Jebus didn't manage it so I suspect, and it's only a suspicion, do correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect you didn't either.
    What if you're issued with a reprieve and taken down early? You can't call crucifixion anything other than what it is, so it would still be crucifixion, but you might live.

There is precedent here: another form of capital punishment, hanging, was still referred to as hanging, even if the sentence was to hang the victim nearly to death, and then to take them down, still living, and kill them a different, more painful way. See: the wikipedia entry on hanging, drawing and quartering, but only if you're not eating. Graphic content.

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    it's funny people use these terms but aren't quite sure what they mean. Crucifixion was used as capital punishment aka until you're dead and crows eat your face off.

There is no surviving. Jebus didn't manage it so I suspect, and it's only a suspicion, do correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect you didn't either.

So he gets crucified again on MFP. >:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I suck

It was the spelling mistake.

.... plus: Utah

We could have overlooked one or the other, but not both.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    I suck

Sexual preference will always get flagged man.
    Read the rules.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »

I can be a no-fun word fascist too.

"Crucifixion" is derived from the Latin for attachment (-fixion) to a cross (-cruc). Nothing in the word itself implies death.

I'm sure you're quite correct (I can't be bothered to check) however derivation does not determine meaning my Internet buddy!

edit: I just see the other replies to my comment, I would reply but it would only be a half effort :disappointed:
  • Motorsheen
    Options

"Crucifixion" is derived from the Latin for attachment (-fixion) to a cross (-cruc). Nothing in the word itself implies death.

This is probably true.

However, it's like saying Electric Chair doesn't imply death either.

I'm not sure how many folks have endured Crucifixion or the Electric Chair and walked away from the event.

The same could also be said for: Head Shot

and... Marriage
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

This is probably true.

I'm not sure how many folks have endured Crucifixion or the Electric Chair and walked away from the event.

and... Marriage
    I ended up searching this earlier (Gawd, my internet search history...) and apparently this bloke Josephus records that he successfully persuaded a Roman Emperor of the time to order three of his friends to be taken down.

One lived.

• Motorsheen
    Options

This is probably true.

and... Marriage
    I ended up searching this earlier (Gawd, my internet search history...) and apparently this bloke Josephus records that he successfully persuaded a Roman Emperor of the time to order three of his friends to be taken down.

One lived.

Wow, cool; verrry lucky guy.

'Crucifixion Survivor' would appear rather impressive on a resume, right?

any news on the Electric Chair or Head Shots?

also....

... don't bother looking into Marriage; by comparison to Crucifixion or the Electric Chair, it's far too depressing a subject.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wow, cool; verrry lucky guy.

'Crucifixion Survivor' would appear rather impressive on a resume, right?

any news on the Electric Chair or Head Shots?

also....

... don't bother looking into Marriage; by comparison to Crucifixion or the Electric Chair, it's far too depressing a subject.

I got the Electric Chair. This guy Kemmler survived, at least for a while. Edison helped develop the electric chair in an effort to smear Westinghouse/Tesla's creation--AC power--by branding it as more deadly than Edison's DC.

Of course, he's still credited with the light bulb, but most people don't know Edison's darker side.

"The warden strapped Kemmler in, attaching electrodes to his head. “Goodbye, William,” he said. Then he motioned for someone to flip the switch. “His shoulders slowly drew up as they sometimes do in the case of a man who is hanging,” a coroner later wrote.

Seventeen seconds later, two physicians determined that Kemmler was dead. The current was turned off. The room was silent. And then someone yelled, “Great God, he is alive!” Kemmler was breathing. His heart was beating. “Turn on the current!” someone else shouted. Four minutes later, Kemmler was really dead. His body took several hours to cool off. Newspapers called him the “poor wretch.”

Westinghouse was horrified. “They could have done a better job with an ax,” he told reporters, according to several books on the death penalty."

ADDED NOTE: I'm an electrical engineer by profession, so I knew this story to begin with. But I quoted the story above from this WashPo article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/04/26/thomas-edison-the-electric-chair-and-a-botched-execution-a-death-penalty-primer/?utm_term=.eeaaeb63a6c7
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    So this is a braless group hug? I'm cool with that. I hate these damn things anyway.

I dont think there has ever been a braless picture thread here. Just sayin...
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    So this is a braless group hug? I'm cool with that. I hate these damn things anyway.

It'll get closed in seconds.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options

I am sure you are right. We have to have adults supervise the adults dont ya know.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

I am sure you are right. We have to have adults supervise the adults dont ya know.

It's unfortunate...
  • VinnyMartin24
    VinnyMartin24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Way to get to literall. Congratulations. hip hip hooray
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

This is probably true.

and... Marriage

Actually, I can't believe I'm saying this but this is kind of a good point.

It's possible to be hung up on a cross structure, either with the use of something like nails (rarely) or just tied there and, as per the general custom, left for days in that position nearly nude in the hot sun without food or water (again, as customarily done) and NOT die but...well...

There's such a thing as TOO literal, I mean sometimes, there's Drax-literal. :D