20-Day Sugar Free Challenge!

Options
124»

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Well it's May 19 and day 19 sugar free! Well mostly. I have almost NO food cravings and my energy is pretty stable. Tabata, work, errands, cooking etc. I was hoping to drink less but I am enjoying a vodka soda as I cook. I did however cut back on refined carbs too, without trying too hard!

I'm going to relax after tomorrow and do this again in June.

Would anyone want to gear up for a June challenge with me?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't think alcohol has sugar. Not saying you shouldn't give it up, that's your biz, just saying it has no (or very little) sugar.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's how I metabolize the alcohol. Not saying vodka has sugar in it. It's how it effects the system.

I don't think alcohol has sugar. Not saying you shouldn't give it up, that's your biz, just saying it has no (or very little) sugar.

• gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm day 16 but I had some asian slaw that I think they sneaked some sugar into. Passed up cupcakes at the company birthday celebration so the craving are gone for the most part. Now when I want something sweet, I have blueberries. I'll do it again in June with you!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Look at the sugar content of alcohol

I did. It's zero. Perhaps you are thinking of other things in alcoholic drinks?
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    gt0186b wrote: »
    I'm day 16 but I had some asian slaw that I think they sneaked some sugar into. Passed up cupcakes at the company birthday celebration so the craving are gone for the most part. Now when I want something sweet, I have blueberries. I'll do it again in June with you!

I love blueberries so much! I crave oranges of all things lol. My oops was come cereal, Puffins. Also I forgot about some dressings. And the drinking! But folks, drink as we may, as long as I watch the calories I do well, but the change in original goal was to cut back to help the sugar cravings. Super I think I'll start a thread ahead of time!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options

Look at the sugar content of alcohol

I did. It's zero. Perhaps you are thinking of other things in alcoholic drinks?

I had to edit because yes vodka for example has no sugar but doesn't the body metabolize it as sugar? My goal for alcohol was indirect, to avoid it to help cravings.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Am I crazy or does alcohol lead to cravings for anyone else???
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Day 20, woot!

Anyone want to do 20 days sugar free in June? @gt0186b I know you're in...
  • shaniks75
    shaniks75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in too for June.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @shaniks75 ok good! I'll look for you!
  • shaniks75
    shaniks75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to June 1st to start sugar free challenge. Have been cutting down to reduce the shock. :) Are we just cutting out refined/added sugar or are there other sweet stuff the we avoid? Or are the details up to me? I would love to know what some of you avoided last month.
  • sonrientalaura
    sonrientalaura Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just might join you guys, been thinking of trying sugar-free for a while now! :)
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Hi @shaniks75 and @sonrientalaura, great! Do we have @gt0186b and @marieschneider1097? No worries if not. Anyone else? The challenge is to avoid added sugars and artificial sweeteners for 20 days in June but naturally occurring sugars are fine.

I started a new thread for June...

There's another no-sugar group but it looks like permanent no-sugar. We could probably join there but personally I like a shorter challenge and the chance to integrate little bits of added sugar back in in moderation when we're through!
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes! Im in