How many calories shall I log for Turbofire?

Options
I've just started Turbofire and don't know how to log it. Shall I log it as "Aerobics, high impact"?
How many calories shall I put down for say 40 minutes?

Does anyone know?

Thank you

Replies

• niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    Anyone?
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I just started Turb Fire too and I just created my own exercise and named it the same as the workout (FIRE30) that way it will be there everytime I do it. Then I log the calories I burned from my HRM.
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There's no set amount that anyone can tell you. It all depends on what class you're doing and more importantly your own height, weight, energy put into it etc. When I log it I use my heart rate monitor to get an accurate reading and then log it as a personal exercise. For the Fire 30 class for example I can burn anywhere from 300-400 calories depending on how I go about it. If you don't have a heart rate monitor already, I'd really suggest investing in one. :)

Hope that's helped at least a little!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Like the others, I create my own exercise and log the calories burned that comes from my HRM. I'd invest in a HRM if you can afford one. I have a tendancy to push myself a little too hard. so, it's a good guide for me. I can check it and it tells me if I can push a little harder or need to back down the intensity a little.
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you have a heart rate monitor that calculates calories, that's the best way to go. But if you don't have the HRM, you can put it in under "Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam)" - it's fairly accurate and will give you a general idea at least of how many calories you're burning. It does take into account your personal info (height, weight, etc.)
  • niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies!!