EKG results "borderline abnormal" but good BP 122/74?

Options
13»

Replies

• jepierson4
    jepierson4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not to be a snob or anything here. I am a doctor. Did you see a doctor or nurse practitioners/physician assistant? Not to say that they can't be good. Really fit people have resting heart rates in the 50s and sometimes lower. People have heart rate fluctuations into the 50s when they sleep. I know this must have caused you some significant amounts of anxiety which may seem to worsen things, but I wouldn't worry to much about it. The computer read "abnormalEKG" bc it is designed to pick up any slight variation in normal. The doctor should have done a thorough review of the EKG themself. I am sure the cardiologist will put your mind at ease
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I went to urgent care where they did aN EKG and they suggested I see a cardiologist.

I came in there freaking out and showed the cardiologist my report and he told me don't listen to urgent care and said the number looked pretty good in his opinion. I completed all tests today (currently wearing Holter monitor) but he said everything looks good (besides being out of shape and needing to lose weight) but that the heart looked and performed healthy.

More than likely I dealt with a bout of anxiety/panic so I am ready to be done with this and continue weight loss!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    mhlew wrote: »
    I went to urgent care where they did aN EKG and they suggested I see a cardiologist.

I came in there freaking out and showed the cardiologist my report and he told me don't listen to urgent care and said the number looked pretty good in his opinion. I completed all tests today (currently wearing Holter monitor) but he said everything looks good (besides being out of shape and needing to lose weight) but that the heart looked and performed healthy.

More than likely I dealt with a bout of anxiety/panic so I am ready to be done with this and continue weight loss!

That's exactly what it sounded like to me, but I'm no doctor. Glad everything is OK. I'm assuming you have good insurance so you are able to follow up properly. That's awesome! Keep up the good work of losing weight and getting healthy. :)