40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I can't run and it's really making me sad but look at all y'all hitting the yoga mat, cycling, walking, swimming, lifting ... thanks y'all-

@elizabeppes - Being injured stinks!! Please follow doctor's (or PT's) orders and heal up well before running again. I know it's a real test of your patience. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, went to a new gym and took inferno. The warm up was running up and down 3 flights of steps with a 25 pound weight 3 times. The class is 50 minutes and I was soaked all the way through. I had no idea I could do box jumps right into a burpee. I was pleasantly surprised and look forward to the next class. My legs are indeed jello. Have a great day kids.

I'm jealous! This actually sounds like a great class.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 X3 Yoga"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    This group keeps me from giving up- I see you all doing different things every day and that is the motivation I've needed to deal with my injury- I can't run and it's really making me sad but look at all y'all hitting the yoga mat, cycling, walking, swimming, lifting ... thanks y'all-

Praying for a quick and complete recovery!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Hardcore 22 Day 3: Cardio 1 and Core 1 and a 10-mile run...DONE!

That was brutal today! The temperature was 84F but it was overcast so it shouldn't have been too bad of a day to run, right? Wrong! Those 25mph winds were crazy!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Hardcore 22 Day 3: Cardio 1 and Core 1 and a 10-mile run...DONE!

That was brutal today! The temperature was 84F but it was overcast so it shouldn't have been too bad of a day to run, right? Wrong! Those 25mph winds were crazy!

Now THAT sounds like one tough run! I'm sure it took quite a bit of determination to get it done.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Evening kids, BettyM1017, I am exhausted more so reading your workout. Awesome stuff. Inferno takes on a whole new meaning with this new instructor. I have to get used to running the stairs as a warm up, especially with weights. I really like her workouts thus far. TMAC, good call about the push ups. Sweet dreams everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,983 Member
    Options
    Cardio today. ZOOM!

Tomorrow yoga....I meed a really good stretch!
  • swooten1
    swooten1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3 Eccentric Upper"=Done!
  • crazyazzchef
    crazyazzchef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yup
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Still 48 and counting. Suppose that is better than having the counting stop. :)

And I keep eating the lunches I buy for breakfast, then going out to eat for lunch.
    The struggle is still real. :D
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Hardcore 22 Day4: Resistance 1...DONE! Now to try and figure out how to measure out 400 meters for tomorrow's workout. I don't have access to a track and I am transportation challenged and MapMyFitness and Fitbit don't seem to be easily inclined to the idea either. I'll figure something out I'm sure.

Have an awesome day everyone!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was a day of running after kids at my youngest field trip. The kids were shocked that I like the zip line and love to bounce on the giant pillow thingy too! Followed that up with a seriously hot n sweaty cardio kickboxing class.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga done. OMG this was one of the most difficult practices thus far. OMG the heat was intense, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I have a serious fetish for pain and torture. Have a great day everyone.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Hardcore 22 Day4: Resistance 1...DONE! Now to try and figure out how to measure out 400 meters for tomorrow's workout. I don't have access to a track and I am transportation challenged and MapMyFitness and Fitbit don't seem to be easily inclined to the idea either. I'll figure something out I'm sure.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Try this app in a web browser...not perfect, but it's a good estimation: http://www.geodistance.com/ It's what I use regularly since I typically don't take my gps out with me. It can do road distance or you can turn off "snap to roads" to go over land/water. You can change from miles to kilometers. I find it super handy.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did weight workout for first time in ages - forgot how awesome it is.