Happy birthday, you have 18 lbs LESS on your body!

iwannawearatutu
iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
edited September 30 in Success Stories
Today is my birthday, and I decided to celebrate with a progress pic. I took "before" pics back in January, and WOW the difference amazes me. You don't fully see the difference when it's happening day by day. I can't recommend taking "before" pictures enough, it's such a thrill to see the difference! I know I still have a long way to go, but I am so proud of getting this far. I have gone from obese to overweight and plan to be a healthy weight by this time next year.

January1.jpg

July26.jpg

Whoops, the progress pic doesn't quite show right, at least for me... just right-click on the picture and select View Image to see the whole thing.

Go easy on me, I know I still have 40-50 lbs to lose! :D

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Happy Birthday!!!! and congrats on your success so far. Keep up the good work!
  • mariasheehan
    mariasheehan Posts: 335
    Today is my birthday, and I decided to celebrate with a progress pic. I took "before" pics back in January, and WOW the difference amazes me. You don't fully see the difference when it's happening day by day. I can't recommend taking "before" pictures enough, it's such a thrill to see the difference! I know I still have a long way to go, but I am so proud of getting this far. I have gone from obese to overweight and plan to be a healthy weight by this time next year.

[Iimg]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/zlana/January1.jpg[/img]

July26.jpg

Go easy on me, I know I still have 40-50 lbs to lose! :D
  • mariasheehan
    mariasheehan Posts: 335
    Happy Birthday and well done xxxx
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Well Happy Birthday and congrats on the weight loss! Your lookin great!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Happy birthday!! You look great! Be proud of your success so far and keep going!!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Congrats!:drinker:

And Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

M.:heart:
  • happy birthday and wtg
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are looking GREAT! :)
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    WOW!! You look GREAT!! And a very happy birthday to you too!! :flowerforyou:
  • hope you had a great day
    congrats!!
    keep up the great work:)
  • hope you had a great day
    congrats!!
    keep up the great work:)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Happy Birthday! I wish 18 lbs was all I needed to lose to be overweight, but I'll get there. It's funny. I was down by 18 lbs on my birthday. :happy: Hope its the best for you.
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Happy birthday! You are right, before pictures (as hard as they are to see) are such a good way to see how far we have come. Congradulations and blessings on the rest of your journey.
  • vinlop
    vinlop Posts: 71 Member
    Happy Birthday! What a way to celebrate your success. Congrats!
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    awesomeness!! great work AND I love your hair color!! Wishing you continued success!!
  • helly_zgb
    helly_zgb Posts: 39
    Happy birthday :)) you look great!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Happy bday and congratulations..what exercise have u been doing?
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Amazing! I hope that will be me soon. Enjoy your birthday and all your hard work!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Happy Birthday!!!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Happy birthday! Wow! You look great xx

Sue :smile: x
  • happy birthday and way to go keep it up
  • iwannawearatutu
    Happy bday and congratulations..what exercise have u been doing?

To be honest, not much. A little treadmill, a little hiking, but I've not been diligent about it. Most of this is diet alone. But I am planning to really up my game and add more exercise to keep up the rate of loss - actually about a lb a week, because most of the loss is in the past three months.
  • janiecorona
    janiecorona Posts: 248
    Happy birthday and congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Happy Birthday and great job!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Excellent progress and happy birthday!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Great job and Happy Birthday!!! Keep up the good work!
  • misslauren88
    misslauren88 Posts: 34 Member
    you look awesome, and so happy too, that makes a huge difference. welcome to the under 50 club (less than 50 pounds to go). I've been struggling at this point for a while and am always looking for new ways to add a little exersize to my day. every weight loss expert i've talked to agrees that this part is the hardest and is the point where most people give up. Hopefully next year you and I both will be in the healthy zone and on to maintaining! :)

never give up

life is like riding a bicycle. in order to keep your balance you must keep going.
  • iwannawearatutu
    Thanks so much everyone - your kinds words are a big part of what made this birthday extra rockin'! It was incredible to read all your comments... I never thought I'd have pictures to post to the Success Stories and I'm thrilled to be able to share and relieved that other people really do see the difference! Sometimes you get so caught up in the whole thing that you start to wonder how much of the change is in your head.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    You look great! I can definitely see the difference. Happy Birthday! May your next one be just as awesome!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    That is amazing! What a wonderful gift to give to yourself!

(I wonder how I'll look when my birthday rolls around.)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!