How do you wear leggings and squat?!

So I've always been one to wear regular loose workout pants but would like to wear leggings in the summer. My only problem is that I get paranoid about squatting while wearing leggings because I've seen women squat, and i get a full on view of their butt! Like it stretches and becomes see through. I tried on a pair in the dressing room, did squats, and a downward dog but I don't know if the lighting in the gym will change the "see through" look lol. How do you shop for leggings and know for sure they wont be see through?!

Replies

• Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    you squat check them?

this isn't as hard as you'd think.

I do acrobatics in the dressing room (including taking pictures) and just hope for the best.

So what if someone sees my thong. I'm not that broke up about it.

Haha yeah i squat checked, downward dog, and good mornings in the dressing room lol
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I wear a singlet...no seam along the crack on it. I'm more paranoid about the seam splitting than sheer fabric over butt cheeks.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    So I've always been one to wear regular loose workout pants but would like to wear leggings in the summer. My only problem is that I get paranoid about squatting while wearing leggings because I've seen women squat, and i get a full on view of their butt! Like it stretches and becomes see through. I tried on a pair in the dressing room, did squats, and a downward dog but I don't know if the lighting in the gym will change the "see through" look lol. How do you shop for leggings and know for sure they wont be see through?!

* Be sure to err on the side of a bigger size instead of a smaller size.
    * If you can, try on in store first.
    * Squat, do burpees, whatever at home *before going out in public*.
    * Most leggings aren't see-through.
    * Wear fleshtone underwear if really worried...no one will see anything.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited May 2017
    I squat check them in the dressing room. No issues yet.

Sometimes I'll have hubby double check if I'm not sure, once I've bought them and brought them home. Do you have someone who could do that?

There are certain brands that are always good, and I don't have to check. Under Armour is one (I should get paid for that, dontcha think? :D ). Can't think of the name of the other right now.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    I've never had this problem but I tend to stick with compression for my lower body wear and certain brands, Nike, Old Navy, Lucy.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I wear underwear and shirts that are long enough to cover my butt plus I squat at home. If I were to squat in public wearing a shirt that didn't cover my butt, I'd still wear underwear.
  • allisonl6
    allisonl6 Posts: 37 Member
    I match my underwear to them. Usually black on black.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    If I know they're yoga pants/see through as heck I wear compression shorts underneath. Otherwise, meh.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Buy better quality leggings that are a little thicker - patterns help too! For example, I wear the cheap black Target leggings around the house but they are too see-through for the gym. But I have thicker, high waisted, grey striped ones also from Target that are great! I second the motion to double check in the fitting room.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I squat check in the dressing room and get someone to check (usually my husband doesn't mind lol) but I find it so annoying that I have to do that- I guess that's what I get for shopping in the cheaper end of the pool. I just hate to spend too much money on something I know I will be using for a limited amount of time while I am losing weight. Black underwear is a always a good option too.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Flesh toned underwear (usually a bikini or hiphugger/fuller coverage style), if I'm worried at all. Stick to thicker fabrics and don't worry about it too much. Beware going for the bigger size, as they may be less likely to be see through when you squat, but they may also be more prone to fall down when you do everything else. You can usually tell if a fabric if going to squat well by stretching it out and seeing if you can see the outline of your hand through it (the actual hand, not the shape). I second that UA has great leggings - I've never had an issue, even in their thinner fabrics and I have a *generous* bottom.
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    I choose to not gaf.

same here, i just don't care. let 'em see my butt!
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    52493812.jpg
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    I wear basketball shorts.
    Dunno, leggings just make me feel self conscious and naked. Lol.