Women 5'4" (5'3"-5'5") and muscular or close to it (fit) how much do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I don't know what I should aim for. I typically swing between 120something on good days and "less than 150" on discouraging days.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly boobless hahaha but at 5'3.5/5'4, I am currently around 112 and I'm pretty happy here. My lifts are going up and I'm able to eat a good amount as I'm fairly active. Try things out! It all comes down to personal preference (as long as it's within a reasonably healthy range of course!).
    ETA-I'm small framed and can overlap my thumb and middle finger when I wrap them around my wrist if that helps.

Definitely does - mine don't even touch without force if I go around the thick park of my wrist (where the "round" parts of bone are. lol. Around the thinnest part they barely touch (middle and thumb).
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Sara2652 wrote: »
    Love this post and you ladies look great. I'm 5'5 aiming for 148 to get into the healthy range but was idealizing 120. After seeing you ladies and hearing your responses I think I would be over the moon if I got to a fit 140.

have any of you seen mybodygallery.com i think its really interesting.

I checked it out before I posted! The issue is with that not a lot of those women are in shape so it's hard for me to tell plus some people I think haven't weighed themselves in a bit because there is no way they are that chubby (not literally chubby but that size) at 110 in some pics etc lol.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    From @canadianlbs : "the first year i lifted, i also cut my weight down to under 125, but i didn't like that look much at all. i don't think there's anything wrong with it inherently though. i suspect it's more because i probably subconsciously expected to drop 25 years along with the 25 pounds that i'd added to my mid-20's weight :tongue:
    This is how I feel about myself at 114 lbs. I look a bit scrawny and older. But, I am 48 so I guess I am older

Omg! Don't scare me... I feel like I looked younger when I was thinner though... I'm 27. I had a guy call me "little girl" when I got off the bus about a month ago though so I think I'm good. Lol. & no he was not being sarcastic... lol. People often assume I'm a teenager and I'm hoping to not go too far from that! 20 would be good. Card me please.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Thanks for all the amazing responses everyone! I might be aiming a bit low for my body... I know when I was a size 10-12 a lady thought I was a size 6 and I always looked kind of thin for my weight, but I'm not sure if they will continue as I lose now because I'm not sure how much my body composition has changed over the years... so I might have less muscle and feel unhappy at a weight I would have liked before. I guess I will find out!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    If you're afraid of losing muscle, make sure you are lifting during your weight loss.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you're afraid of losing muscle, make sure you are lifting during your weight loss.

I will be trying as much as I can. I have three kids so I can't get to the gym as much as I'd like and most of what I can do will be at home, but I have a 20lb kettlebell I'll be starting with today if all goes as planned. I also go to the gym when I can and do leg presses, chest presses and kick-backs, plus squats at home. I hope that helps somewhat. I also use the rowing machine at the gym idk if that helps?
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    From @canadianlbs : "the first year i lifted, i also cut my weight down to under 125, but i didn't like that look much at all. i don't think there's anything wrong with it inherently though. i suspect it's more because i probably subconsciously expected to drop 25 years along with the 25 pounds that i'd added to my mid-20's weight :tongue:
    This is how I feel about myself at 114 lbs. I look a bit scrawny and older. But, I am 48 so I guess I am older

Omg! Don't scare me... I feel like I looked younger when I was thinner though... I'm 27. I had a guy call me "little girl" when I got off the bus about a month ago though so I think I'm good. Lol. & no he was not being sarcastic... lol. People often assume I'm a teenager and I'm hoping to not go too far from that! 20 would be good. Card me please.

Well, I am 21 yrs older than you. I never had excess weight to lose until after I had my daughter at 42 (without stretch marks!).
    I've always been mistaken for being quite a bit younger than I am. But, I see the years. I'm perimenopausal now. I'm making peace with it. It's a fact, nothing I can do about it. And, I'm in darn good shape no matter my age.
  • Verity1111
    Options

Well, I am 21 yrs older than you. I never had excess weight to lose until after I had my daughter at 42 (without stretch marks!).
    I've always been mistaken for being quite a bit younger than I am. But, I see the years. I'm perimenopausal now. I'm making peace with it. It's a fact, nothing I can do about it. And, I'm in darn good shape no matter my age.

Psh I have hundreds of stretch marks lol those dont bother me anymore. They did before but I have super soft sensitive skin and I'm sure that's why it happened. I won't care if I'm at a healthy weight. And yes you're definitely in good shape. I'd be happy if I got to where you are. :)
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've always been an active person but this was the first time I actually focused on weightlifting and my progress. My smallest measurement were 39-30-40 (34D) and I am quite happy at this size and shape ... I am also 5'4. I prefer a balance of muscle and curves rather than a super lean look. I am overweight based on the BMI scale but have a perfectly acceptable body fat %.

beforeandafter_zps1d9cafb7_edit_1495678864641_zpsw9bgb4vw.jpg
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 41 years. This was from December 2016. 146 pounds. 16% body fat (DEXA scan).

I highly recommend getting a body composition done. It will give you an idea of what is realistic based on your existing lean body mass. I had a goal to get to half (142.5) my original weight...I realized that wasn't realistic after getting the Dexa done without sacrificing muscle mass and just shifted my focus to maintenance and improved physical performance.

zqo7q6pp5fz0.jpg

Very, very impressive! You're where I want to be. It's interesting, I'm 43, 5'6", 130lbs (working to cut down to 125lbs) Would love to have a Dexascan done but for know it's Calipers where I'm at around 19%. Anyway, 125-130lbs is pretty much a good weight for me IMO.

• Verity1111
    Options
    sawyeram wrote: »
    I've always been an active person but this was the first time I actually focused on weightlifting and my progress. My smallest measurement were 39-30-40 (34D) and I am quite happy at this size and shape ... I am also 5'4. I prefer a balance of muscle and curves rather than a super lean look. I am overweight based on the BMI scale but have a perfectly acceptable body fat %.

You look healthy to me. May I ask your body fat % or is that too personal? Just curious! You do look healthy right between average and fit.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 41 years. This was from December 2016. 146 pounds. 16% body fat (DEXA scan).

I highly recommend getting a body composition done. It will give you an idea of what is realistic based on your existing lean body mass. I had a goal to get to half (142.5) my original weight...I realized that wasn't realistic after getting the Dexa done without sacrificing muscle mass and just shifted my focus to maintenance and improved physical performance.

zqo7q6pp5fz0.jpg

Very, very impressive! You're where I want to be. It's interesting, I'm 43, 5'6", 130lbs (working to cut down to 125lbs) Would love to have a Dexascan done but for know it's Calipers where I'm at around 19%. Anyway, 125-130lbs is pretty much a good weight for me IMO.

27 and jealous lol
  • bowsontoes
    bowsontoes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    5'5'' 124lbs. 31-25-36.5 are my measurements. I lost maybe 3 pounds and recomped over the past 3 months, so far I'm happy with my progress. Looking to to drop more body fat though.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    bowsontoes wrote: »
    5'5'' 124lbs. 31-25-36.5 are my measurements. I lost maybe 3 pounds and recomped over the past 3 months, so far I'm happy with my progress. Looking to to drop more body fat though.

My measurements are a bit different. I was considering trying for a waist of like 24-26in so I might end up heavier than I thought? My measurements at 180lbs and yes I know I'm big are 44-34-44. I know when I was smaller around 150-160 they were around 40-28-40
  • Pid57
    Pid57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. When I was younger my fit weight was 110. I'm 5'3". Now my fit weight is about 125. Lower than that and I look sick and haggard.
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options

You look healthy to me. May I ask your body fat % or is that too personal? Just curious! You do look healthy right between average and fit.

My lowest percentage checked by my Dr was 24.2% (around the time of this picture).I have what I like to refer to as "cheerleader legs" ... very muscular calf, thighs, and butt plus I'm busty so it evens out. I work out 5-6 times a week doing a combination of cardio, weights, HIIT, and yoga. I'm around 27% right now so I'm working my way back under 25% ... that's typically my summer body. I usually go up to about 30% body fat during the winter. I never go by the BMI scale as body fat percentage is a more accurate representation of my body.
  • Verity1111
    Options

My lowest percentage checked by my Dr was 24.2% (around the time of this picture).I have what I like to refer to as "cheerleader legs" ... very muscular calf, thighs, and butt plus I'm busty so it evens out. I work out 5-6 times a week doing a combination of cardio, weights, HIIT, and yoga. I'm around 27% right now so I'm working my way back under 25% ... that's typically my summer body. I usually go up to about 30% body fat during the winter. I never go by the BMI scale as body fat percentage is a more accurate representation of my body.

Thanks for the tips! :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

:O you are the same weight as me and only an inch taller, but there is such a huge difference in our mid sections. I've also lost a lot of weight so I have saggy skin. Ugh. I wish I looked like you at this weight! I want to lose another 20-25lbs.