Fat Shamed at Grocery Stores

14567810»

Replies

• bevkeller81
    bevkeller81 Posts: 19 Member
    A good reply would be glad I have an education (regardless if you do or not ) otherwise I would be a cashier like you ... sometimes people need to have the tables turned in order to understand the impact of their comments.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I would glare at them and ask "what did you just say to me?". It would possibly give them a chance to apologise and understand how badly they behaved. It that didn't work I would go to management. That said, I often look at the selections of other shoppers and feel sad for them. They have enough two liter bottles of pop to make the car lean to one side and boxes of high carb, fat & sugar to handle a weekend of binge TV. I always wonder if they are just in defeat or don't know any better. I then start loading the belt and see they are doing the same and surveying my selection of all produce. The cashier will usually say something like wow you eat really healthy. To the OP, don't let anyone talk to you that way. Keep your head up and know that if you keep working on this you prevail. My journey started when my son poked my enormous beer gut and said "when is it due?". That moment was the start of a 53 pound loss and may have been the best thing to ever happen to me.
  • danielleee2015
    danielleee2015 Posts: 3 Member
    I am SO sorry! That's extremely rude of an employee to say. I work in customer service and I wouldn't dream of saying that to anybody- honestly, I would have gotten the manager and filed a complaint. No one should have treated you that way unless you were screaming at them or something, which I doubt you were.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Zombie...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Why ressurect this old thread?

Yeah, puzzling.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Cashier talk. Never gets old.

Right?
  • CaptainHandsome
    CaptainHandsome Posts: 127 Member
    While I'm having a hard time believing this even happens, as a former fat guy, I would have broken their face. Hard.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    I find this truly hard to believe....
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    benjaminhk wrote: »
    This one time I was fat-shamed by a whole town of people so I got back at them by making myself sick at a pie eating contest. After completing several pies, I started to vomit all over Bill Travis. Before he knew it, he was covered with five pies worth of used blueberries. The women in the audience screamed. Bossman Bob Cormier took one look at Bill Travis and barfed on Principal Wiggins, who barfed on the lumberjack that was sitting next to him. Mayor Grundy barfed on his wife's t.i.t.s. But when the smell hit the crowd, that's when my plan really started to work. Girlfriends barfed on boyfriends. Kids barfed on their parents. A fat lady barfed in her purse. The Donnelley twins barfed on each other, and the Women's Auxiliary barfed all over the Benevolent Order of Antelopes. And I just sat back and enjoyed what I'd created-a complete and total barf-o-rama!

One of my favorite movies of ALL TIME.