Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    vishalb08 wrote: »
    Good morning to all.
    I hope I can give you guys a reason to smile today.
    A week ago I weighed 95.6 kg.

I got up today....stood on the scale.
    94.0 kg

Lastly I wanna leave you with a great quote I copied from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
    "BLOOD, SWEAT & RESPECT.
    We give the first two & earn the third.

Congratulation on a great week, and on your weight loss!!

And I love your quote! Thank you for sharing that - something to think about.
  • mytime6630
    edited May 2017
    Options

Had a really great talk with my mom yesterday. When I was a teenager and into my young adult years, I got into some pretty seriously crazy things. My mom knew bits and pieces of it but I really felt that it was time to tell her about all of it. And I did. And I could tell that some of it really broke her heart. She knew or suspected a lot of it but there was a lot that she had no idea about. But I can't tell you how awesome it felt to get that off my chest.

If I can save one person from going down that road, or escaping that kind of life, then that is something that I can feel good about and makes living that terrible life worth it.
    !

What a wonderful attitude you have . So proud of you! I have a daughter who was diagnosed with bipolar/schizoaffective. I am so very proud of her, for what she endures each day to get through the day. I am so proud of you for talking to your mother, and for getting that off your chest. Talking is the best thing -- it is how we understand each other, and know what the other is also going through!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    I joined two group challenges on MFP this week. I guess I am feeling desperate because nothing I seem to do seems to be sticking lately (except the calories). I am sabotaging my every move and my husband has not been helping by bringing me bowls of ice cream every night (which I DO NOT ask for) because he knows I've been stressed out. I asked him this morning to not bring me anymore beginning today and he understands. If I have to get up and get it myself, I have a better chance of talking myself out of it before I get to the freezer.

I am hanging up a motivational poster on our fridge and hanging up a cute little dress in our laundry room to remind me of my goal to feel more comfortable in my summer clothes by the time we go on a family houseboat trip in August. Even 1 lb a week would be 8 lbs by then and make a difference!

Since I really believe my success depends on tackling my health as a whole...I will post at least one goal each for my body, mind and soul. Thanks for letting me ramble everyone. I'm feeling a little down today, probably because I really, really hate cleaning out the basement for this stupid rummage sale when it's such a beautiful day! LOL!

Just for Monday, 5/29
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Week 1 of Kick *kitten* and Take Names challenge. I'm on Team Black!
    3. Challenge of the Week / Week 1: If you Bite It, Write It.
    4. Continue to declutter: Throw, donate, rummage sale piles
    5. Grocery shop & veggie prep for week
    6. Bike ride
    7. Write out Advantage Response Cards and place copies strategically.
    8. List 5 things I'm grateful for tonight, and journal.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    For all our American friends...Happy Memorial Day!

I've already tracked my supper as we're just doing a simple cookout at home. I don't feel guilty or deprived having a veggie burger while others have beef burgers on bun. I'm happy w/the choices of sides I've made.

Kayaking was terrific yesterday. It gives me great joy to introduce this activity to newbies. You get a workout loading/carrying equipment & paddling. I did splurge on some things at the picnic and felt a brief pang of guilt. Then, I reminded myself that the gym is waiting for me tomorrow.

Re:Heavy weightlifting, I'm visiting a women's club that's part of our YMCA on Thursday. I'm keeping an open mind and my workout buddy will be joining me so I will not back out.

Pretracked most meals/snacks.
    Hit the weights & floor at gym. It continues to amaze me at the youthfulness of the Seniors that frequent the Y. They are something to aspire to.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to listen to Half Size Me this afternoon.
    Will walk dog for thirty mins (possibly at beach if low tide & not storming or elsewhere).
    Aiming for 150g of protein. This is still difficult, I will try to set up my meals with protein in mind.
    20-30 min nap/count 20 breaths slow & deep.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    My binging is under control! Such a big challenge. Drink protein smoothie if necessary.

It Always Feels Impossible Until It's Done - Nelson Mandela
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I'm feeling a little down today, probably because I really, really hate cleaning out the basement for this stupid rummage sale when it's such a beautiful day! LOL!

Now I feel guilty --- our subdivision is having a huge garage sale also next weekend. We started digging out stuff to sell -- I got lazy, and figured we would take the tax deduction instead. So made a trip to Goodwill yesterday - and more to take later. I just figured it was too nice to sit outside selling stuff for practically nothing. Plus, we live at the end of the culdasac, so we don't get the traffic like others do.
    but good luck to you --- it is always such a good feeling to get rid of stuff!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 I suffer from bi-polar disorder as well! And have some pretty severe anxiety issues as well. Right now I'm medicated and am very glad that I am, but I am hoping that eventually one day I'll be able to be off of the medication and stay stable. It can be really tough some days, especially with the anxiety, but I have a great support system. Between the DH, my parents, some very close friends from my church and a bunch of my friends that either lived the experiences with me or picked me up during the aftermath, I can say that I am in a really good place these days. For a long time I wasnt okay. I dealt with a lot of hardship and complete insanity(did you see my pun there?) before I was able to pick myself up and get help. But I am so proud of myself for it! And your daughter should be proud as well!

• Rowanana
    Rowanana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    May I join in? Been having trouble starting logging then quitting then starting again, and having accountability and a group of friends to talk to would be quite helpful!

Just for Monday (now that Monday is 2/3 over):
    Track everything, even if I'm not 100% sure the measurements are right- habit first, perfectionism later
    Do bodyweight fitness workout
    Get to sleep by 1 AM
    Cook the cauliflower from my garden before it goes bad

I know 1 AM seems late to a lot of people but my sleep schedule is an even bigger struggle for me than my eating and exercise habits...
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 you'd be proud of me today
    I read that response card more than 4 times!

I'm starting to feel how I did back in the new year which is a relief, who knew a cold that started in mid Feb would put me off mentally for so long!

Anyway my goals for tomorrow are:

Be in the green :)
    BDS Day 2
    Drink 4 waters

And my (completely irrelevant) mental note of the day:
    Don't let the baby eat raspberries on the sofa!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Rowanana wrote: »
    May I join in? Been having trouble starting logging then quitting then starting again, and having accountability and a group of friends to talk to would be quite helpful!

Track everything, even if I'm not 100% sure the measurements are right- habit first, perfectionism later
    Get to sleep by 1 AM

I know 1 AM seems late to a lot of people but my sleep schedule is an even bigger struggle for me than my eating and exercise habits...

Yayy love new people joining!
    I was the same. Stop start stop start.
    Until I found this thread!

Do you have a scale to weigh/measure your food? Its very common for people to underestimate the amount of food they have (I was way off :sweat_smile: ) and I've been more on track when I weigh things
  • Bex953172
    Options
    :anguished: my partner is eating my favourite pizza

I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Kayaking was terrific yesterday. It gives me great joy to introduce this activity to newbies. You get a workout loading/carrying equipment & paddling.

Will walk dog for thirty mins (possibly at beach if low tide & not storming or elsewhere).
    Aiming for 150g of protein. This is still difficult, I will try to set up my meals with protein in mind.

My binging is under control! Such a big challenge. Drink protein smoothie if necessary.

I have only kayaked a few times up in Minnesota at my dad's. He lives on a lake and I loved it! Not only is it a good workout, but water is what refreshes me, so it was also almost meditative to be out on the water kayaking by myself. Good for you!

I also think it is awesome that you live close enough to a beach on the ocean to take walks on! That's would be a dream come true for me!

I'm also trying to get my protein intake up, and this very well could be the answer to my late night binging. I cannot believe I did not think of it sooner! I am stuck in a rut, obviously!

I love this group. Always someone with knowledge or ideas that I find so helpful!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little down today, probably because I really, really hate cleaning out the basement for this stupid rummage sale when it's such a beautiful day! LOL!

Now I feel guilty --- our subdivision is having a huge garage sale also next weekend. We started digging out stuff to sell -- I got lazy, and figured we would take the tax deduction instead. So made a trip to Goodwill yesterday - and more to take later. I just figured it was too nice to sit outside selling stuff for practically nothing. Plus, we live at the end of the culdasac, so we don't get the traffic like others do.

hahaha! Joan, don't feel guilty! Feel SMART! I keep asking my husband why we can't just cart it off to Goodwill instead. I'd rather have the tax deduction too! but it is our neighborhood rummage next weekend and he wants to try to sell some of it first. I've never had a rummage sale in my life, and now I know why!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Get to sleep by 1 AM

I know 1 AM seems late to a lot of people but my sleep schedule is an even bigger struggle for me than my eating and exercise habits./quote]

Welcome Rowanana! Glad to have you join us! Sleep goes hand in hand for me with my diet. if I'm tired, I eat more crap....so I get it! I am trying to get better sleep at night too.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.

HAHA! The DH is eating some of my favorite ice cream next to me right now. But I ate a rather large dinner and am still kind of full, so I'm gonna pass on it. I'd rather hang on here and post my worries away! And I took a leaf out of your book and shaved my legs and washed my face with a anti-acne wash to try and tackle that problem. Time to do some things for me to make me feel better about myself other than losing weight!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Yes, I am very proud of you!!!!!! :)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

hahaha! Joan, don't feel guilty! Feel SMART! I keep asking my husband why we can't just cart it off to Goodwill instead. I'd rather have the tax deduction too! but it is our neighborhood rummage next weekend and he wants to try to sell some of it first. I've never had a rummage sale in my life, and now I know why!

Well - not sure if its smart or not! But I have done SO many garage sales - all the work, sit out there all day, and maybe make $50.00 if I am lucky. When I had baby stuff, those things sell fast. But the stuff I have now doesn't really sell all that well. So instead of having a garage sale, I'll probably go to our subdivisions garage sale and bring home more junk :D
  • mytime6630
    Options

Get to sleep by 1 AM

Love to have you join us!! I have learned so much from this group of people, but the most important thing, is that it has kept me going, even if the scale is not showing it! But I have learned so much from this group, and the accountability is great! So hope to have you join us!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @joan6630 you'd be proud of me today
    I read that response card more than 4 times!

I'm starting to feel how I did back in the new year which is a relief, who knew a cold that started in mid Feb would put me off mentally for so long!

Anyway my goals for tomorrow are:

Be in the green :)
    BDS Day 2
    Drink 4 waters

And my (completely irrelevant) mental note of the day:
    Don't let the baby eat raspberries on the sofa!!

AWESOME JOB!!! And I won't even ask why you won't let the baby eat raspberries on the sofa :D
  • Rowanana
    Rowanana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks guys for being so welcoming!

@Bex953172: I do have a scale but I'm not always going to be using it. I have a somewhat decent idea of portions because I was really strict about tracking for a year or two when I lived alone, so that helps. And using the scale is a hurdle that keeps me from tracking at all sometimes, hence "habit first perfectionism later." I also live with 3 housemates and 2 of 3 have a very negative view of food tracking so doing something obvious like weighing my food can cause more hassle than it's worth. They think any attempt to track calories is bad and promotes ED, and get on me because "I'm not fat enough to worry about that." It's kind of frustrating but I can deal. Weigh food when I can, estimate the rest of the time.

@OConnell5483: Yyyyup bad sleep and overeating are definitely a thing for me too. And +1 to kayaking! I love it! The calming effect of being out on the water is pretty incredible.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.
    I shall resist.

You go, Girl! I am SO proud of you!

Pizza is my downfall EVERY time! My favorite food, no doubt.