One thing you refuse to sacrifice

Options
Coffee is mine. I'll eat ground turkey. I'll exercise at night even though I am exhausted. I will give up chips. I'll order spaghetti and only eat half. But coffee with creamer is a hard line. I've tried the almond milk. Yuck. Nope. I thought about using my protein shakes instead of cream. I'm still debating that one.

What's your "one thing" you just can't give up?

Replies

• lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Coffee, 100%, I did give up cream and sugar a long time ago.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I haven't sacrificed anything, I just eat less of certain things than I used to.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    As was stated previously by another poster, I do not give up anything. If I want it, I fit it in my allotment. If I gave up something I like, I would want it so bad that I would ruin my daily deficit. CICO is about deficits, not food restriction, only calorie restriction.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I prefer coffee black, but I do cut back on coffee from time to time, sigh.

Really, I like the taste/deliciousness answer. Where I think the taste is equal (Fage 2% vs. full fat Fage), I'll take the calorie savings. Where it makes a difference, I won't, I'll just have whatever it is less often or in smaller quantities. Cheese is probably my best example. I like good cheese, and the idea of low fat cheese horrifies me. So I simply use cheese less than I used to -- I like feta in salads and omelets and a little goes a long way, so I use it. Otherwise I mostly save cheese for eating after dinner in a reasonable quantity. (Eating less means I can justify buying expensive cheese too.) I am certainly not giving it up.
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I havent gave anything up. But one thing I'd never give up is prob my soda from sodastream. May not be healthy but oh welll if I'm able to loose weight then anything is good for me. :D
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sunday dinner
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer. Sigh. I've gone from regular to sugar free, but that's about as far as I can force myself to go. Oooo...and lasagna.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Coffee is mine. I'll eat ground turkey. I'll exercise at night even though I am exhausted. I will give up chips. I'll order spaghetti and only eat half. But coffee with creamer is a hard line. I've tried the almond milk. Yuck. Nope. I thought about using my protein shakes instead of cream. I'm still debating that one.

What's your "one thing" you just can't give up?

Yes, you are speaking my language!
    Cream in my coffee!
    Even when I was cutting for a show, my calories were super low. I saved almost 100 a day for cream. (I've since reduced it to closer to 50 a day). I'd rather be hungrier and enjoy my coffee.
  • aettinger448
    aettinger448 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with this feeling. At the start of my weight loss, a good friend jabbed me with "I'd rather be fat and have my fried chicken than be skinny and give up all the things I like." To be fair, she later apologized and has actually started to lose some weight recently. But that always stuck in my mind. And even when I budget my coffee creamer calories into my day, it was this nag in my head. I'd hear that phrase internally on repeat.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with this feeling. At the start of my weight loss, a good friend jabbed me with "I'd rather be fat and have my fried chicken than be skinny and give up all the things I like." To be fair, she later apologized and has actually started to lose some weight recently. But that always stuck in my mind. And even when I budget my coffee creamer calories into my day, it was this nag in my head. I'd hear that phrase internally on repeat.

change the record to "I don't have to give up all the things I like just have a little less of them"

That is what made it stick for me...as I was one of those who though I had to stop eating X...but I didn't this past time and it stuck...

I like you will have cream in my coffee...no sugar tho...I like flavoured creamer so I find that is enough sweetness...however I won't eat the Bday cake at work most times as it just isn't worth it...

Choices.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the coffee/tea with cream and sugar. I will do skim milk in fancy coffee (lattes, cappuccinos) but I won't give up my French Vanilla Coffeemate or Earl Grey tea with half & half and sugar. I also refuse to scrape the frosting off my cupcakes or cake. I LOVE chocolate frosting (and cream cheese frosting) so if I'm planning to eat cake, I'm going to plan for eating ALL the frosting too.

Otherwise, I've never 100% cut anything out of my diet. Anytime I have tried to cut foods it ends in failure so I just eat what I want in moderation.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I started using the Atkins French Vanilla protein shake as creamer and I love it - though if you don't want something that's sweet, it may not be for you. I've used others that act funny in hot beverages. Yikes!

Those of you who are going on about your creamer haven't told what kind of creamer is so awesome that you can't give it up! I'm ridiculously curious now :) What do you use?
  • aettinger448
    aettinger448 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started using the Atkins French Vanilla protein shake as creamer and I love it - though if you don't want something that's sweet, it may not be for you. I've used others that act funny in hot beverages. Yikes!

Those of you who are going on about your creamer haven't told what kind of creamer is so awesome that you can't give it up! I'm ridiculously curious now :) What do you use?

Just off brand French vanilla coffee creamer. Nothing fancy! Lol. I think it's 30 calories for 2 tablespoons. And I have about 4-6 tablespoons spread out across 3-4 cups of coffee. It adds up.