Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    R2che wrote: »
    Morning all.

It's the 29/5

Yesterday I hit all my goals except the running. I did however walk nearly 6 miles so I don't feel too disheartened.

Today my Apple Watch has upped my 'move' goal to 460 calories. So that's my first goal for today to hit that.
    I will stay within my calories and also walk my 10,000 steps.
    I would like to try for a run again.

7 weeks tomorrow until I go on holiday and my mini goal is to get to 140lbs by then. 6 lbs to go... that's my main focus for today :smiley:

Again did it all except run! Grrrr

Today I'm at work all day. 30/5

Stay within my calories
    Don't eat biscuits!
    Try and do my steps 10,000and my move goal from my watch.
    Do my class at the gym this evening.

:smiley:

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    So much to go back through and read --- love it!
    I did Terrible over the weekend. Even reading my advantage response cards did not help.Dairy queen both days, potato chips, fruit trail mix that I bought at Sams (and yes, I believe I ate the entire bag over the weekend!). I am so disgusted with myself --- and then I got on here, and read all the motivating posts from you guys. All the ideas. So thank you. Today is a new day .... and I'm going to forget about the past 2 days of eating .....

so JFT,
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on more protein!!
    3. read Half Size Me podcasts
    4. read my advantage response cards
    5. remind myself that this is not easy. The weight came on slow, it will go off slow. Key is to change lifestyle habits
    6. drink water
    7. when wanting to eat, think if it is hunger, desire, or craving
    8. eat only when sitting down -- even a snack. Put it on a plate first.
    9. eat slowly

Will go back later and read all the posts
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    Uh oh! Running low on calories and got to havea dinner yet!
    Gonna have to have very low calorie tea! Which is fine, salad I think :)

Im unsure on whether to exercise.
    I've hurt my foot somehow, its not in constant pain but the inside of my foot near to the ball gets stiff and I've noticed I put my weight on the outside of my foot whilst walking until it eases up a bit.
    Its been like this for about a week now.
    Hoping its just a sprain rather than anything skeletal, although think I'd know if I had cracked it or something?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Good Morning All!!

Aiming for 150g of protein. This is still difficult, I will try to set up my meals with protein in mind.

You'll never know what you're capable of until you challenge yourself.

How do you get that much protein in a day? Can you share some ideas for protein? I am also going to try this - thank you for this suggestion
  • mytime6630
    Options
    vishalb08 wrote: »

My point is that we search for motivation & reasons everywhere, but always its around us.
    Maybe your parents, siblings, spouses or children.
    The reason is right there in front of you.
    What bigger motivation & reason do we need than our loved ones & most importantly OURSELVES.

I can read that we all face setback daily, we struggle, but then we rise again.
    To all who have lived through this cycle, my big salute.
    I know how devastating negative results are, but its all part of the journey.

Thank you SO much for your inspiring message -- its just what I needed today! There are so many reasons to get healthy. What the scale says is just a very small part. Thank you for helping us all realize all the many reasons why this is so important.
  • Rowanana
    Rowanana Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I've hurt my foot somehow, its not in constant pain but the inside of my foot near to the ball gets stiff and I've noticed I put my weight on the outside of my foot whilst walking until it eases up a bit.
    Hoping its just a sprain rather than anything skeletal, although think I'd know if I had cracked it or something?

Better to rest it for a while and see if it goes away. It's rarely worth risking injury. Is there any exercise you can do that wouldn't stress it? Upper body stuff or swimming or something?
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options

@OConnell5483 And +1 to kayaking! I love it! The calming effect of being out on the water is pretty incredible. "And I will chime in on that kayaking --my friend and I went out yesterday, Memorial Day, for the first time this year. It was so calming, scenery is beautiful, saw two herons, a pair of ducks with 11 babies, and an osprey, and you do meet other like-minded folks. We got a little wet when it started to rain, but we stopped for ice cream anyway--it was a drive-in, so we didn't have to get out of the car appearing in wet clothes!
  • Rowanana
    Rowanana Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    All right, yesterday was a mixed bag. I did track everything and stayed in the green, and I did my bodyweight fitness routine. But I didn't make my cauliflower and I didn't get to bed until 2:20 AM. Yikes. I don't start work until 10:30 so it didn't make me late, but that's still 1.5 hours later than I wanted to sleep. Better luck tonight I guess.

Just for Tuesday:
    Track everything
    Cook the cauliflower already!
    Work on a science presentation I'm doing (ironically about circadian rhythm and the biological clock)
  • asclepsia
    Options
    For Tuesday, May 30:
    track all food
    exercise
    Weed garden for 30 minutes--so much rain, so many weeds!
    Try out luncheon menu for guests tomorrow
    Make ice cream for dessert.
    Tidy house and prepare the table
    Clean front porch, and make some flower arrangements.
    DON'T PROCRASTINATE!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Rowanana wrote: »

Better to rest it for a while and see if it goes away. It's rarely worth risking injury. Is there any exercise you can do that wouldn't stress it? Upper body stuff or swimming or something?

Not really, I have a toddler and a baby and I'm a carer for my partner, so all my exercise is done at home! I normally just do aerobic dance routines but I just look like a potato jumping round haha

I may have to do something tonight I'm 232 over :(
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So much to go back through and read --- love it!
    I did Terrible over the weekend. Even reading my advantage response cards did not help.Dairy queen both days, potato chips, fruit trail mix that I bought at Sams (and yes, I believe I ate the entire bag over the weekend!). I am so disgusted with myself --- and then I got on here, and read all the motivating posts from you guys. All the ideas. So thank you. Today is a new day .... and I'm going to forget about the past 2 days of eating .....

so JFT,
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on more protein!!
    3. read Half Size Me podcasts
    4. read my advantage response cards
    5. remind myself that this is not easy. The weight came on slow, it will go off slow. Key is to change lifestyle habits
    6. drink water
    7. when wanting to eat, think if it is hunger, desire, or craving
    8. eat only when sitting down -- even a snack. Put it on a plate first.
    9. eat slowly

Will go back later and read all the posts

Tut tut tut.
    Remember I'm your diet coach!!!
    You best get back on it woman!! :lol:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I normally just do aerobic dance routines but I just look like a potato jumping round haha

Oh, @Bex953172 I laughed so hard at the comment that the DH looked at me like I had three heads! That was exactly what I needed. The last half an hour of work was terrible and I've been in a funk since I left, but between that comment and a song I heard on the radio, I feel so much better! I actually dropped DH off at the end of the quarter mile long driveway because he wanted to Pokemon hunt. I drove the rest of the way to the cabin and just sat in the car listening to the music and being still and the perfect song came on, right when I needed it. And that comment was just the icing on the cake! So thank you sooo much!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I normally just do aerobic dance routines but I just look like a potato jumping round haha

Oh, @Bex953172 I laughed so hard at the comment that the DH looked at me like I had three heads! That was exactly what I needed. The last half an hour of work was terrible and I've been in a funk since I left, but between that comment and a song I heard on the radio, I feel so much better! I actually dropped DH off at the end of the quarter mile long driveway because he wanted to Pokemon hunt. I drove the rest of the way to the cabin and just sat in the car listening to the music and being still and the perfect song came on, right when I needed it. And that comment was just the icing on the cake! So thank you sooo much!

:sweat_smile: the girls on the tv look proper sexy too when they do it and I know my oh looks at them and then me and is just laughing in his head!!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    :sweat_smile: the girls on the tv look proper sexy too when they do it and I know my oh looks at them and then me and is just laughing in his head!!

That's why I try not to do exercises when the DH is home. Lol. Plus there is no room in the house to do them if he is. I have to do them in the living room which is about 2/3 the size of a one car garage. Lol. My little cabin is probably a little smaller than a two-car garage. Lol. That's the best way I can describe it. The DH and I are both so clumsy that we stumble and fall all over each other and the cat. So we're always looking like falling bowling pins! Lol
  • asclepsia
    Options
    @Bex953172;c-39700049
    Great job, Bex! I'm very happy for you.

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    Just made the most delicious steak fajitas! They were outstanding and all fresh ingredients! Two to three times a week I try to make a clean dinner. Ya know, all fresh ingredients. Nothing artificial or prepackaged. Well, tonight was one of those nights. The only thing that wasn't clean were the whole wheat wraps we had the filling in. Lol. But boy were they yummy! I actually had two of them, but because they were only about 250 calories each I didn't feel bad about it! Lol.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just made the most delicious steak fajitas! They were outstanding and all fresh ingredients! Two to three times a week I try to make a clean dinner. Ya know, all fresh ingredients. Nothing artificial or prepackaged. Well, tonight was one of those nights. The only thing that wasn't clean were the whole wheat wraps we had the filling in. Lol. But boy were they yummy! I actually had two of them, but because they were only about 250 calories each I didn't feel bad about it! Lol.

Can you post the recipe????? They sound so good!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Tut tut tut.
    Remember I'm your diet coach!!!
    You best get back on it woman!! :lol:

And I heard you all day!!!!! LOL!!!! So far today, I am doing great! Off to zumba class soon!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @joan6630 Here ya go!

Steak Fajita Sandwiches
    Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 pita pocket with 1/4 meat filling | Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 235mg | Carbohydrates: 21g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 2g | Protein: 29g | SmartPoints: 6 |

Ingredients

4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium red onion, sliced into strips
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
    1 pound beef sirloin tip steak, cut into thin strips (grass-fed beef recommended)
    Salt to taste
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    2 gluten free or whole-wheat pita pockets, cut in half
    4 leaves romaine lettuce, torn
    1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek-style yogurt
    Directions

In a large skillet, on medium-low heat, sauté mushrooms in olive oil about 6 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and continue sautéing until onion and pepper are tender, about 4 minutes. Add in sirloin strips, and cook on medium heat for 5–10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir well, cover, and simmer 5 more minutes. Drain mixture.

Stuff pita halves with meat mixture and romaine lettuce, and top with a dollop of yogurt.

I tweaked it a bit and used whole wheat wraps instead of pita's, a 1/4 cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese instead of the yogurt and a handful of raw spinach leaves instead of the romaine lettuce. Didnt bring the calories up too much! With my changes the calories only went up to about 330 calories! I had two of them for dinner and they were only about 660 calories! And not only were they tasty, but they were filling too!

And the DH really enjoyed them too!

Hope you enjoy!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @joan6630 Here ya go!

Steak Fajita Sandwiches
    Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 pita pocket with 1/4 meat filling | Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 235mg | Carbohydrates: 21g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 2g | Protein: 29g | SmartPoints: 6 |

Ingredients

4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 medium red onion, sliced into strips
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
    1 pound beef sirloin tip steak, cut into thin strips (grass-fed beef recommended)
    Salt to taste
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    2 gluten free or whole-wheat pita pockets, cut in half
    4 leaves romaine lettuce, torn
    1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek-style yogurt
    Directions

In a large skillet, on medium-low heat, sauté mushrooms in olive oil about 6 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper, and continue sautéing until onion and pepper are tender, about 4 minutes. Add in sirloin strips, and cook on medium heat for 5–10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir well, cover, and simmer 5 more minutes. Drain mixture.

Stuff pita halves with meat mixture and romaine lettuce, and top with a dollop of yogurt.

I tweaked it a bit and used whole wheat wraps instead of pita's, a 1/4 cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese instead of the yogurt and a handful of raw spinach leaves instead of the romaine lettuce. Didnt bring the calories up too much! With my changes the calories only went up to about 330 calories! I had two of them for dinner and they were only about 660 calories! And not only were they tasty, but they were filling too!

And the DH really enjoyed them too!

Hope you enjoy!

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!