Ketosis??

Options
NYCDutchess
NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
Are there any keto groups? I need to get support.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    There's a low-carb group here. Is there anything in particular you need help with?
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    I guess I just need support and recipes...I just started and want to stick with it. I'll look for the low-carb group. thx
  • toxikon
    Options
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I also suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Keophiles end to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • skybleu329
    skybleu329 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    PINTEREST IS I BELIEVE THEEEE BEST!!! If you have an account go to search and look up ketosis recipes. Get your support from here!!
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    So far, so good. I never tested for Keto, but I can see I'm beginning to lose...only thing is my skin looks weird and I'm losing my beloved butt.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So far, so good. I never tested for Keto, but I can see I'm beginning to lose...only thing is my skin looks weird and I'm losing my beloved butt.

That is because you are becoming glycogen depleted which can give you flat muscles. If you eat carbs again, they will come back. It's also why bodybuilders carb load pre show..
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

That is because you are becoming glycogen depleted which can give you flat muscles. If you eat carbs again, they will come back. It's also why bodybuilders carb load pre show..

Or... The weight lost in the butt was not muscle. :(

Or there has not been enough time to get fat adapted so your glycogen reserves are still slightly depleted. If given time glycogen levels and usage are very similar to that of higher carb eating athletes.
  • toxikon
    Options

Time for some squats! :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

Or... The weight lost in the butt was not muscle. :(

Or there has not been enough time to get fat adapted so your glycogen reserves are still slightly depleted. If given time glycogen levels and usage are very similar to that of higher carb eating athletes.

Possible on the fat loss from her butt, but it's also the water loss associated with carb reduction.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ Also highly recommend this link. I've just started keto as well