Military Diet??

Options

Replies

• fionadg
    fionadg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    don't do it, watched a youtube video on t, looks awful and girl only lost 2lb
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    fionadg wrote: »
    don't do it, watched a youtube video on t, looks awful and girl only lost 2lb

Could you link me to that video please? I watched every one that I could find on it, but I must have missed one.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    LexiAtel wrote: »
    Wanted to give an update.

I started this on the 16th (of May) and recorded my weight at 161lb. By the 23rd (last Tuesday), I lost 3lb. That's when I decided that I should measure.

Last Friday (the 26th of May) was when the 2nd three day cycle was over, and I had lost 3 inches around the waist and a total of 3lb (158lb down to 155lb) since that Tuesday (the 23rd; three days before)

Today, on the 30th of May, I measured/weighed again:

I did not lose anymore pounds from this last Friday, but I did lose an inch off my hips, an inch off my thigh, and inch off my ribs and also an inch off my bust. Strangely, I grew an inch around my waist, so I'm not sure if my fat has shifted (doubtful), or if I'm retaining water (I hurt my ankle real bad last week, so I haven't been drinking like I should to avoid the excessive amount if bathroom trips).

So in two weeks I have lost a healthy six pounds (161 to 155) and a few inches of fat here and there from my body (2 inches from both the waist and ribs and an inch each from the hips, thighs, bust)-- I'm also a size smaller. My bodyfat has also gone from 34.2 percent down to 33.5 percent.

People have even begun to notice my slimming shape and have commented on it.

It wouldn't hurt you to try this for a month just to see.

So you lost 6 lbs in a month. Do you know how else you could have lost 6 lbs in a month? By eating literally any food that added up to the number of calories that gives you a 750 calorie deficit.

it says she lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks.
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So I have eaten low carb for a few years now as I lost quite a bit of weight doing this and it has stayed off. However in March, my Father-in-law passed away and I was quite broken hearted. I gained 9 pounds back in two months.
    I decided to try this military diet out more to get me jump started so I can go back to my normal eating after the three days. I actually did not find this diet hard as I added mustard and hot sauce to my meats. I lost 6 pounds and am now back to low carb as I don't enjoy eating bread and such.
    I wouldn't recommend it long term for sure but if you need a little boost, why not!
    This diet is simply low calorie. If you like snacking or are a big eater, this will be hard to follow.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    If this means some hot dude in a military uniform is going to stand over me and yell at me when I make terrible choices...sign me up :)

I dont care how hot he is I couldnt deal with someone yelling at me lol
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    If this means some hot dude in a military uniform is going to stand over me and yell at me when I make terrible choices...sign me up :)

That sounds like a business model
  • LexiAtel
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MamaGraff wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend it long term for sure but if you need a little boost, why not!
    This diet is simply low calorie. If you like snacking or are a big eater, this will be hard to follow.

I'm with you; I'm not a huge fan of bread. Aldi's has an oat bran loaf for just over a $1 that is pretty tasty though.

I'm thinking of buying Wheat Thins next time in place of the toast.

Congrats on your recent weight loss, and I'm sorry about your father(in-law) *hugs*.

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I'm with you; I'm not a huge fan of bread. Aldi's has an oat bran loaf for just over a $1 that is pretty tasty though.

Congrats on your recent weight loss, and I'm sorry about your father(in-law) *hugs*.

It's been 10 days. What have your results been?
  • LexiAtel
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

It's been 10 days. What have your results been?

Posted on previous page, but in summary:

Lost 6lb and up to two inches from varies parts of my body (I started measuring only last week, so it may have been more since the 16th).
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My dad lost a lot of weight, even got under weight, eating c-rations in Vietnam, because most of it was so bad he threw it away.
  • LexiAtel
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    My dad lost a lot of weight, even got under weight, eating c-rations in Vietnam, because most of it was so bad he threw it away.

If he was a gunman in war, he probably wasn't losing weight just from that. Those men burn 6k a day very easily (and their rations are only like 3k calories) :(
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

If he was a gunman in war, he probably wasn't losing weight just from that. Those men burn 6k a day very easily (and their rations are only like 3k calories) :(

Each C-Rat or MRE is 3K Calories... for a total of 9-10K daily
  • LexiAtel
    Options

Each C-Rat or MRE is 3K Calories... for a total of 9-10K daily

Oh, so they did get three? I was made to believe that they only got one, my bad.

I had a few of those... yeah, I can see why he threw some out-- and I had some modernized ones! Yick...!
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    DAY 1 (1,106 calories)
    Breakfast:
    1/2 Grapefruit (52)
    1 slice toast (70)
    2 TBsp peanut butter (190)

Lunch:
    1/2 cup tuna (120)
    1 slice toast (70)

Dinner:
    3 oz lean meat (cooked chicken breast: 84, give or take)
    1 cup greenbeans (34)
    1/2 banana (50, give or take)
    1 small apple (80, give or take)
    1 cup vanilla ice cream (300...? Highly depends on the type you get, I aim for 150 per serving).

DAY 2 (961 calories)

Breakfast:
    1 egg (70, give or take)
    1 slice toast (70)

Lunch:
    1 cup cottage cheese (200, give or take)
    1 egg (70, give or take)
    5 saltine crackers (65)

Dinner:
    6.5 oz COOKED chicken (300, give or take)
    1 cup broccoli (31)
    1/2 cup carrots (25)
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (150...? Highly depends on the type you get, I aim for 150 per serving).

DAY 3 (975 calories)

Breakfast:
    5 crackers (65)
    1 oz of cheddar cheese (100, give or take)
    1 small apple (80, give or take)

Lunch:
    1 egg (70, give or take)
    1 slice toast (70)

Dinner:
    5 oz chicken (240, give or take)
    1 cup vanilla ice cream (300...? Highly depends on the type you get, I aim for 150 per serving).

TOTAL: 3, 042 calories

This sounds really gross. I don't think I could get through a day yet alone 3. Reminds me of the cabbage soup diet-yuck!

For me personally, I prefer variety, and choosing my own foods. Doing this 3 days would send me into binge mode big time on day 4. Not because of the calorie content, but because the food seems so bland and restrictive. No thanks.

• LexiAtel
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yeah, the food is bland, I'll admit. But we did some twists to it with cooking (and get some decent brands of stuff, like the ice cream), so we didn't think it was so bad, even on the first week.

It's also been weaning us off the junk food. And I'm adding less sweetner to my drinks (tea).