To ketogenic people

Options
jenifferb004
jenifferb004 Posts: 7 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, everyone!
I've been in a ketogenic diet since May 10, and so far, I've lost 10 pounds worth this way of eating. Is there anyone here doing this same lifestyle? I'm very new to this app, so please feel free to add me.

Replies

• MintakaOri
    MintakaOri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started eating keto, or at least trying to get myself off complex carbs. I've been doing this for about a week! Some slip ups, but it's been great. Great work with your loss!
  • jenifferb004
    Options
    MintakaOri, you got this! You're going to see a lot of benefits with this way of eating, beside losing fat. Stay strong! ❤
  • jenifferb004
    Options
    That's amazing, Fire Turtle 75!
  • Ketood
    Ketood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Started keto four days ago, the very first time! Like the feeling of fullness due to huge fat intake :)
  • jenifferb004
    Options
    Hi, Ketood! I agree! Your cravings go down with this diet.
  • jenifferb004
    Options
    I still don't know how to add friends here. So feel free to add me.
  • cmathes805
    cmathes805 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Just started keto myself and my first weigh in is Tuesday. After the "keto flu" last week I am starting to feel really good! I am new to fitness pal and not sure how to add friends but feel free to add me! Best of luck!
    Cindy
  • dadzilla17
    dadzilla17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been on the same diet as you for about the same amount of time. I've lost 23 pounds and she's lost 12.
  • fitnurse09
    fitnurse09 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've started nutritional Keto first of May. So far so good. Haven't seen bloatness in a while. Lost a few pounds. Just trying to lean up now.
  • Kimmecom17
    Kimmecom17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since January 6. I'm down 39lbs! Feel free to add me..
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    i'm feeling great on it, good luck. add me if so inclined.
  • jaymewells
    jaymewells Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started Keto 7 days ago and I am down 5 pounds. My energy is through the roof and I am not starving. Love it so far my goal is to continue eating this way for 2 months and the go on from there. I have been every positive and excited about this new journey. I started adding workouts to my routine yesterday and I feel amazing.
  • band_g33k_
    band_g33k_ Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm just starting out on the keto diet and the carb cravings are insane. Does anyone have any tips? Feel free to add me!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    band_g33k_ wrote: »
    I'm just starting out on the keto diet and the carb cravings are insane. Does anyone have any tips? Feel free to add me!

Your electrolytes might be off. Try drinking pickle juice or broth. You need to up your sodium/potassium intake.

For sweets, I usually get a Premier Protein shake or eat a quest bar. The net carbs are real low on those.
  • mrsjordanjr
    mrsjordanjr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am interested in knowing what the Ketogenic is all about.
  • lionessluv
    lionessluv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi There, I am also new to the Keto WOE. I am almost 30 inches and feel great- haven't weighed yet, but I know for certain i am losing tons of inches and burning fat. I have so much energy now and feel lighter and that feeling beats whatever number shows up on the evil scale!