I finally tried Halo Top, and..

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to find some of these flavors y'all are getting. So far my favorite is the peanut butter cup.
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I never even paid attention to the price, honestly. But I had been buying the Ben & Jerry's frozen yogurt, and that is just as much. I really hadnt bought much ice cream prior anyway, so could justify buying a few pints. But now it may become an every grocery shopping trip thing, lol.

Unfortunately Walmart's selection of flavors was limited, but I am certainly going to try the Red Velvet if they have it.

May have to make another sporadic trip to the store this evening..
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    it's ice cream, right?

.....yeah, not a fan of ice cream; not my thing at all.

You're killing me, smalls! Actually, I wish I didn't have an addiction to ice cream, I rarely feel great after eating it. I just can't give it up, lol.

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    What artificial sweetener do they use?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Just checked. They use organic cane sugar. Not bad.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Personally, find the taste of Halo Top revolting. I LOVE Enlightened though! Every flavor EXCEPT strawberry cheesecake.

Blue Bell still reigns supreme though! ;-)

During the Blue Bell panic last year, I discovered that the HEB Creamy Creations 1907 Vanilla is actually far better than Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. This is the kind of talk that can get a girl shamed in this part of the country, and my own family prays for my soul, but I can't help myself. It's really THAT good.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Personally, find the taste of Halo Top revolting. I LOVE Enlightened though! Every flavor EXCEPT strawberry cheesecake.

Blue Bell still reigns supreme though! ;-)

During the Blue Bell panic last year, I discovered that the HEB Creamy Creations 1907 Vanilla is actually far better than Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. This is the kind of talk that can get a girl shamed in this part of the country, and my own family prays for my soul, but I can't help myself. It's really THAT good.

this. i won't buy blue bell again after they tried to kill us all.
  • ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate halo top and wasn't impressed. I'm willing to try another flavor but it's $4.99 here in Alabama. Yikes!
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I have tried a number of flavors, Salted cararmel and peanut butter cup is probably my favorites. Chocolate Chip Cookie dough isn't back. Wild cherry was ok. Pistachio didn't have enough pistachio flavor without having actual pistachios. My fiancé and I will split a container as a late night snack. Worth the cost for the flavor and lack of calories
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love Halo Top! Sea Salt Caramel, Cookie Dough, Chocolate and Birthday Cake are my favorites so far. I want to try Red Velvet but haven't found it yet. It's expensive here though - $6 per pint!
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I learned the struggle last night. Went to the store to stock up on HT, but they were all out. Going to try 1-2 other stores tonight, and hopefully can get my hands on some. I loved the chocolate and birthday cake. Definitely want to try the peanut butter cup, cookie dough, and red velvet
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I've only had the Oatmeal Cookie. It was decent, but nothing I'd go out of my way to purchase again. Apparently I need to try the Peanut Butter Cup.

Oh, and all you Blue Bunny stumpers are mental. Perry's is where it's at. :p
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    ElectrifyingGravity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chocolate almond crunch and black cherry are my favs... and guys, It was on sale here (OH) this past week for for $2.75! Needless to say, I bought some lol
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Lemon Cake is the underappreciated, overlooked flavor of Halo Top. Just sayin'.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Lemon Cake is the underappreciated, overlooked flavor of Halo Top. Just sayin'.

Truth ^^^

...and oatmeal cookie is delicious.
    boyn2tyg66ax.jpg
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter cup is my favorite! I also like taking chocolate or vanilla and adding pecans for crunch! :) I only have it maybe once or twice a month.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I bought something called Arctic Zero that was right next to the Halo Top. It had less carbs so I grabbed it. It was just meh. It's edible, I I will probably finish the two pints off I bought over a couple of months, but I probably wouldn't buy it a second time.
    Has anyone tried this stuff in comparison to the Halo Top? At this point I'm guessing I just made a poor decision to not go ahead & get the Halo Top.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I tried it a couple of weeks ago and didn't care for it. It doesn't taste like ice cream and the texture is weird. It was my favorite flavor of ice cream too - peanut butter & choc. It's been sitting in my freezer wasting away.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I bought something called Arctic Zero that was right next to the Halo Top. It had less carbs so I grabbed it. It was just meh. It's edible, I I will probably finish the two pints off I bought over a couple of months, but I probably wouldn't buy it a second time.
    Has anyone tried this stuff in comparison to the Halo Top? At this point I'm guessing I just made a poor decision to not go ahead & get the Halo Top.

Artic Zero is basically bland-flavored ice. The 'chunk' pints are acceptable because the chunks are decent, but the base is still tasteless. I'm never bothering with it again.