Looking for nerdy friends

Options
Hi there!

I'm not new, but I am new to looking for friends on here. I am now down to one active friend on my list and would like to have a few others. I'd especially like to be friends with other nerdy people, I love Star Trek, anime and dressing up at conventions!

It'd be a bonus if you used the website as well as the app since I make a blog posts once a week. I don't expect people to comment on everything or be super active but a comment here and there would be great so I'm not so alone on here ahaha.

I'm 27, female and I've been using MFP since November 2016 and have lost 46.5 pounds, I have 26.5 pounds to go to my goal still.

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm not nerdy in the Star Trek/anime/comicon sense....but myself and the whole family are big time gamers (Kate and I mostly FFXIV) Accept my add if ya want!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't really do cons, but I play D&D on Google Hangouts with my former quidditch team members. I'm also into video and board games, and sci-fi. And I'm an academic, which I think requires a base level of nerdiness. Do I have enough nerd cred? :)

I'm not great about responding to posts since I have a lot of MFP "friends" and a busy news feed (I tend not to see everything that everyone posts), but I respond to messages sent directly to me.
  • P90XBowler99
    P90XBowler99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Huge Nintendo Nerd here, also a streamer! Add me if you like Nintendo :D
  • serenitysama
    serenitysama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm surprised so many people have replied! When I first posted this I wasn't sure if anyone was going to haha.

I love video games too, and my husband plays D&D and Magic.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Two days ago, Michio Kaku was filming a scene for a documentary (maybe for Discovery Channel?) in front of the building I work in. None of my coworkers knew who he was, but I was beside myself trying to decide if I should ask him for an autograph before he disappeared into a wormhole.

That's nerdy...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I usually refer to myself as geek-lite :tongue: I'm not a hardcore nerd but definitely fall more on the nerdy/geeky side than not. I'm most certainly raising The Next Generation :grin: of geeks. Tabletop games and RPG weekends are a way of life at my house.

I've been around MFP for 6 or 7 years now, left for a good while and came back. The Geek Squid group was my home way back when. The group isn't as active as it once was, but would be great to see some new faces! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid
  • crrampersad
    crrampersad Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, d&d player, fan of Star Trek and Star Wars, and have a diabolical girl who steals my polyhedral dice.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    We don't get lots of cons here, but I did go as Lois Griffin to a mini con once. (My friend went as Marge Simpson - actually painted herself yellow!)

Anyway, I love Marvel stuff, Dr. Who, Harry Potter, and Game of Thrones - all that jazz.

Plus I teach high school English, so I geek out over books too. "Books! The best weapons in the world!" - 10th Doctor

Add me!
  • serenitysama
    serenitysama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I added everyone so far, this is great! It's weird actually seeing things in my news feed haha!
  • Abonner1
    Abonner1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think I've died and gone to heaven with all the geek/nerds here. I'm on the fringe of a few nerd type things (except the board games) and would love to friend everyone here if possible
  • rachelbassdrum
    rachelbassdrum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whovian, Marvel, Star Wars fan here! Would love a few more (nerdy) friends as well!
  • aliyune
    aliyune Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nerd here as well, anime, video games [WoW, Overwatch], D&D, the list goes on haha. Heck I'm even making my own anime-inspired comic. Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Voyager was underrated. I'm an ESO player too.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Wearing it as a badge of honor - the nerds shall inherit the Earth!

Dr. Who, Marvel, DC, D&D, Star Wars, Star Trek, WoW, gamer, Xbox Ambassador - you name it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Wearing it as a badge of honor - the nerds shall inherit the Earth!

Dr. Who, Marvel, DC, D&D, Star Wars, Star Trek, WoW, gamer, Xbox Ambassador - you name it.

Pfft, they already have!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I love y'all.

We're currently catching up on the most recent few episodes of Critical Role, and playing Persona 5.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options

BTW, I should also add that I'm an Aerospace Engineer that is in the process of putting together a 4th Doctor costume for Halloween. June isn't too early to start, is it? Anyway, anyone can feel free to add me if they like.