I finally tried Halo Top, and..

Options

Replies

• kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Well, a friend found some in the local Walmart near where I work... Went there and they had a fresh supply. So I stocked up. Two Birthday Cakes, Two Chocolates, One Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and One Vanilla Bean.

I'm dying to get my hands on the Cookies & Cream, Peanut Butter Cup, and the Red Velvet, but seems like these are mythical in this area..

Going to try the local Royal Farms on my way home and see if they have either of those, either way, feels like a win to me.
  • Joehall1975
    Joehall1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pissed at yourself now for waitin so long aren't ya!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if someone else may have mentioned this...but BEWARE *Arctic Zero*. It tastes absolutely disgusting.

I love Halo Top, despite the price.

Someone told me "Arctic Zero is the same thing and cheaper" so I picked up two flavors and my husband and I both thought it was nothing like HT and really disgusting. It was so bad, I tried making it into a "shake" with bananas, ice & vanilla and the overriding bizarre taste came through even then. Gross.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I bought something called Arctic Zero that was right next to the Halo Top. It had less carbs so I grabbed it. It was just meh. It's edible, I I will probably finish the two pints off I bought over a couple of months, but I probably wouldn't buy it a second time.
    Has anyone tried this stuff in comparison to the Halo Top? At this point I'm guessing I just made a poor decision to not go ahead & get the Halo Top.

gaaah sorry, I should have read everything before posting. I think Halo Top is miles and miles above Arctic Zero. SO much better...I really think if you even liked Arctic Zero a tiny, tiny bit...you will *die* a happy death trying any flavor of Halo Top :smiley:
  • AmbitiousRooster
    AmbitiousRooster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Halo Top red velvet! The mocha chocolate chip was pretty awful (too gritty of a texture) but pistachio and red velvet are delicious.
  • AmbitiousRooster
    AmbitiousRooster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate halo top and wasn't impressed. I'm willing to try another flavor but it's $4.99 here in Alabama. Yikes!

It's over $5 at HyVee here in Nebraska but definitely worth it if it's a treat you enjoy and savor! :)
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    gaaah sorry, I should have read everything before posting. I think Halo Top is miles and miles above Arctic Zero. SO much better...I really think if you even liked Arctic Zero a tiny, tiny bit...you will *die* a happy death trying any flavor of Halo Top :smiley:
    Mainly I bought it because the carb count was lower than Halo Top. Who knew the missing carbs would be were all the good flavor was supposed to be. I'll give HT a try, once I get rid of these.

• cdsteed95
    cdsteed95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love Halo Top!!! Definitely worth it!
  • queenscorpio73
    queenscorpio73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It was ok. It was aerated, almost like a whipped texture. Perhaps put in the back of the freezer for a few days? The flavor was spot on( I had chocolate). Ate the whole pint though, it was THAT aerated. I would get it again if I'm in need of a pork-out-episode. It doesn't trigger the excessive eating bug either.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Lemon Cake is the underappreciated, overlooked flavor of Halo Top. Just sayin'.

Pint was my lunch yesterday!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I tried it when it was on sale recently.

I don't really understand why anyone likes it. I mean it doesn't taste bad but it also just isn't all that good, unless you like vaguely chocolate flavored ice.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I like it - caramel is my favorite. But the price is off putting. A smaller market I like to go to sells it for $6.99. Across the street is a larger chain who has it on special often for three dollars less. Crazy!
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yeah I found Walmart here sells it for $4.65, but the gas station down the road sells it for $5.99.

I tried Red Velvet last night, and it wasnt my favorite. I will atleast be able to finish the pint, but hopefully the cookies and cream tastes amazing.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What artificial sweetener do they use?

Stevia and Erythritol.

I like the plain chocolate or the cookies and cream.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I wish we had Halo Top here! For those in the UK, the Waitrose chocolate frozen yoghurt is pretty good. The macros aren't like Halo Top, but it's still only 445 kcal for the whole tub.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I picked up a pint of pistachio Halo Top last night, thinking I'll finally get to try it today after my bike ride. But my wife and kids ate it all while I was out on the ride. :cry:
  • fglrml86
    fglrml86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love it! I've tried two or three of the flavors so far! Can't wait to try others!!!
  • N6314P
    N6314P Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i ate three pints in one sitting the other day. black cherry, pistachio, and peanut butter cup.

My hero
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got some last week.

NOT. THAT. GOOD.

It's no were close to Blue Bell. Or any other ice cream for that matter.

Yes, its low calorie but with every bite I took I was wishing I had the real thing.

I'd rather have the real stuff less often than binge on Halo Top.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    The s'mores is disappointing. It tastes coconutty, and I don't know about you, but I don't put coconut in my s'mores.