Cheeseaholics (not-so) Anonymous

Replies

• physio52
    physio52 Posts: 28 Member
    I am a cheeseaholic! Loving the fact that on a low carb high fat diet for diabetes I can smack on it, make a sauce of it or even base a whole meal on it. Soft, hard,blue, strong or mild I love them all. Apart from cottage I have never thought it actually merits the name of cheese.
  • MarissaCVT
    MarissaCVT Posts: 11 Member
    I looove cheese. I eat less now, but still incorporate a little bit on salads and whatnot almost everyday. In my town we also have a cheese and charcuterie shop that has small batch cheeses from all over the country which is just dangerous lol.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    delaclos99 wrote: »
    In the fridge at the moment...
    Feta, brie, mature cheddar, Stinking Bishop, pecorino romano, parmesan, goats cheese with honey. Gorgonzola finished tonight in pasta with pear and walnuts.

Stinking Bishop. Oh man, I want to try that so bad.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Mmmm cheese. I made halloumi skewers tonight and couldn't help nibbling as I was going
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    Mmmm cheese. I made halloumi skewers tonight and couldn't help nibbling as I was going

Need to make these!
  • leanitup123
    Juusto is another favorite.
  • ngg8tron
    ngg8tron Posts: 2 Member
    Cheese is will always be my downfall.
  • leanitup123
    ngg8tron wrote: »
    Cheese is will always be my downfall.

Could be worse :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,015 Member
    So little time, so many cheeses to eat!

Special faves: Humboldt Fog, and the feta from a local cheesemaker who sells at the farmers markets (it's perfect - texture, flavor, salt level, etc.). They also make a camembert-style cheese, and I once happened to buy one at just-perfect ripeness. So delicious! Somehow, I managed not to eat the whole cheese in one sitting - kind of a miracle.

It's a rare day when I don't eat at least a little cheese.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    My favorite is the baby Swiss with the big bubble holes in it.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    I love cheese, it's one of my favorite foods. I could live off cheese and nuts and be happy.

Cheese, nuts, dark chocolate, grilled chicken/shrimp/steak, steamed vegetables and a glass of wine. Set for life.

Agreed
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member

Swiss is probably my all-time fave. If I buy a block of it, it will be gone in a day and a half or less, so I don't buy it anymore.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    missh1967 wrote: »

Swiss is probably my all-time fave. If I buy a block of it, it will be gone in a day and a half or less, so I don't buy it anymore.

I'm low carb so 1/2 a block of cheese is a nice meal for me.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,729 Member
    giphy.gif

Wallace & Gromit for the win! You just made my day.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,729 Member
    My husband recalls that his grandfather would eat a block of cheese and a fried onion for breakfast. He was a coal miner so he needed the calories.
  • naydnayd
    naydnayd Posts: 5 Member
    Cheese is the reason why I jumped into the keto lifestyle. I want to lose weight, but I don't want to have to give up cheese for that. Now I'm losing weight and having my danablu, too.
  • leanitup123
    naydnayd wrote: »
    Cheese is the reason why I jumped into the keto lifestyle. I want to lose weight, but I don't want to have to give up cheese for that. Now I'm losing weight and having my danablu, too.

Killin' it!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Cheese being helpful in meeting macros is definitely a plus for low carbing, but I ate cheese throughout my weight loss and was nowhere near keto, so I'd stress that no one has to give up cheese simply to lose weight,
  • leanitup123
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Cheese being helpful in meeting macros is definitely a plus for low carbing, but I ate cheese throughout my weight loss and was nowhere near keto, so I'd stress that no one has to give up cheese simply to lose weight,

Very true. Cheese can fit into any diet/lifestyle.
  • sblackwell509
    sblackwell509 Posts: 8 Member
    I love cheese!