Improving my physique

Options
Need advise and tips what strong vs weak points of my front double bicep pose. Look profile people for more dunno how to add it to this "I'm 196lbs"

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    @usmcmp nailed it really. You'll look better with 15-20lbs less fat on you.
  • Kieran301
    Kieran301 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!! My back is pretty strong and I think it is the pose I do train traps not as much though and tricep train ing is getting better though add me please maybe you could program me?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Kieran301 wrote: »
    Thank you so much!!!! My back is pretty strong and I think it is the pose I do train traps not as much though and tricep train ing is getting better though add me please maybe you could program me?

What do you do for legs/lower body? Deadlifts and weighted carries will build the traps nicely.

How tall are you?
  • Kieran301
    Options
    I am 5"10 and I do leg extensions, curls and one other dont know the hand of it though..
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I won't write programs for strangers for free online.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Yet another reason why you're my hero
  • Packerjohn
    Options
    I am 5"10 and I do leg extensions, curls and one other dont know the hand of it though..

Try some squats, deadlifts and lunges variants. Your body will thank you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

You need some compound lifts. Compound leg work (squats and deadlifts) help tie in the rest of the body, especially back and core. You don't engage anything other than quads with leg extensions. You're building a body, not pieces of a body.
  • Kieran301
    Options
    How many times a week should I do Deadlift every time I do back?
  • Packerjohn
    edited June 2017
    Options
    How many times a week should I do Deadlift every time I do back?

What type of lifting program are you on? I'm guessing it's home developed if you are just doing leg extensions and curls for lower body.
  • Kieran301
    Options
    Yeah I need a program tbh
  • Packerjohn
    Options
    Yeah I need a program tbh

Lot of people on here like Stronglifts
    https://stronglifts.com/

Here is a review of the program (pros and cons) by Todd Bumgardner who is a well regarded strength and conditioning coach. I'm sure others on here will chime in with personal experiences.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/is-stronglifts-5x5-the-right-training-program-for-you.html

As an alternative, you might like a program from The New Rules of Lifting series by Alwyn Cosgrove:
    http://www.thenewrulesoflifting.com/

• Kieran301
    Options
    Thank you so much I will try this!!!
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd like some help too as I'm trying to gain muscle. I always had a tough time until my doctor discovered I have low testosterone.ive been on testosterone replacement therapy for about almost a year. I'm uploading a progress picture and a shirtless one. I have issues with hanging skin from when I lost 20kg initially. I'd like diet advice too as my testosterone (and work stress) makes me feel very hungry throughout the day.

Thanks for the help

pp19wbfehqb7.jpg
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    andyluvv wrote: »
    Hey I'd like some help too as I'm trying to gain muscle. I always had a tough time until my doctor discovered I have low testosterone.ive been on testosterone replacement therapy for about almost a year. I'm uploading a progress picture and a shirtless one. I have issues with hanging skin from when I lost 20kg initially. I'd like diet advice too as my testosterone (and work stress) makes me feel very hungry throughout the day.

Thanks for the help

pp19wbfehqb7.jpg

You seem young enough from your photos that unless you have a medical condition causing Lo-T, Lupus, autoimmune, cancer, etc, then It's likely that lifting heavy, and good protein levels will clear up that problem.

Losing weight too fast can cause that. eating right and putting muscle on will help reverse that.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Thanks for the help

pp19wbfehqb7.jpg

Up the dose. Eat more. Make gains

(This is not medical or serious advise)
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options

(This is not medical or serious advise) [/quote]

I'm actually 32! Doctors don't know what happened to my primary
    hyponogadism but in taking sustanon 250 every two weeks. I'm hoping the muscle building will improve my physique but the tummy has always been an issue. I've got a pic of it but I'm very self conscious.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options

(This is not medical or serious advise)

I'm actually 32! Doctors don't know what happened to my primary
    hyponogadism but in taking sustanon 250 every two weeks. I'm hoping the muscle building will improve my physique but the tummy has always been an issue. I've got a pic of it but I'm very self conscious. [/quote]

Give it time, nobody builds a good physique overnight. As for dealing with appetite on test, well...eat! No trash though, good whole foods in the main. Go too far with junk and you'll hold water like there's no tomorrow.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    heheh, you sure do seem adverse to water retention. I've seen you mention it in multiple treads.... You must think creatine is the devil. ;)