Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Musaniac
    Musaniac Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd also love to join! I'm just getting back into the swing of things myself. I'm a college student back from school and I'm the heaviest I've ever been, but I am more determined than ever to break the cycle!!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt PTL!!!!! That is awesome news! I'm so glad our prayers worked! Keep believing that it's a lifelong thing! I bet it is! I'm so happy for you!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Musaniac Welcome! Congrats in starting this new journey of life! It must be hard to be a college student and eat healthy. I remember when I was at school, before my metabolism showslowed down, I wasa a food maniac. But back then, I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain an ounce. Lol

But welcome! Enjoy out our little group!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss @HGSmith0920!

@Evamutt we're so glad to hear that your husband is doing better. That's great news!

Went to Longhorn last night for my dad's birthday. Since it's a chain I was able to pre-log everything, though I don't know how accurate it all was. And then our waitress brought out a sundae because of dad's birthday and I had three spoonfuls of ice cream and whipped topping and chocolate syrup, which probably took me over. Ah well! Totally worth it :D

Also I took an Enlightened order form to the grocery store we usually go to. Fingers crossed!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt Glad to hear your husband is doing well, I hope his health continues. The body is truly an amazing thing!

@clicketykeys 3 spoonful's of ice cream shows great restraint! I'm glad you had fun celebrating your Dad's birthday! How were the granola crisps? I tried using Dry Hands for my grip but I sweat it off almost immediately (I have sweaty palms)

@HGSmith0920 I hope you were able to catch up on sleep last night! And derby is a suuuuper open and accepting environment. I hadn't been on skates since I was in elementary school and they are patiently teaching me everything. I'd really recommend trying it. It's a great confidence booster and a fun physical activity!

@jdelaroy Sorry your schedule is reeking havoc on your weight loss efforts. Great job keeping up with the squat challenge, I'm glad it's paying off!

@Musaniac Welcome!

TGIF!!!! Yesterday flew by with all the meetings, but that means today I'm playing catch up on all the work. Derby was a blast but I was up waaay too late since I had to help set up for the garage sale we're having today.

The less than happy part of my day yesterday was when I was in a meeting with the entire executive team of my workplace and when I got introduced the president jokingly asked if I was a student....yeah....

Seriously, my first introduction to the executive team and I immediately get (albeit jokingly) disregarded based on my age/appearance. There is no way he would have said that to a male colleague. And now that is everyone's first impression of me. *Sigh*.

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    i5dmj1hqc2il.jpg
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @hgsmith0920 Awesome job on the weight loss.

@Evamutt That is fantastic. I will pray he continues to have good health. Great job on the lunch. There are several free aps you can get on your phone that track your steps. Just search for pedometer. Only thing is, you have to keep your phone on your body.

@musaniac Welcome, and good luck with your journey.

@clicketykeys. What is an enlightened order? Good job on 3 spoons of ice cream.

@rachel0778 Sorry he took you as a student. However, try to look for a positive. You look young, and you are making great strides at a young age. I am sure he knows by now that young women can do great things.

@shycush6, @janetay01, @bluepoppies777, @ngolden3320 How are things going? I miss you guys and was thinking about you.

Last night was an alright night. I didn’t go super crazy eating, roller skated and that was about all I had time for. While I was at the rink I had to loosen one of my wheels that had gotten extremely tight, so tight that it would randomly stop spinning while skating. I went and borrowed the rinks tool to do it, and was talking to the manager about getting new skates. The ones I have now are for beginners and are pretty crappy/worn out. She ended up letting me try on her skates. I am in love. What was great, is that they weren’t the most expensive kind of skate out there.

Tomorrow is my second 7K of the season. I would like to try and run about half of it. Wish me luck. At least this one, won’t have the crazy hills or elevation.
    Have a great weekend!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely ladies! Wowzers, I had pages to catch up on - didn't read every single thing, but skimmed and got the idea. Happy Friday!! Woo hoooooo!

It's Bike to Work Week this week, and I've been biking every day. I love it, I've definitely noticed a mood improvement at work! Love the endorphins... plus I lost 3 lbs (the ones that I gained last week), so that is an added bonus. I have been yoyo-ing up and down like crazy the last while, talk about frustrating!

The weather has still been yoyo-ing here too, been sweltering hot to pouring rain (sometimes in the same day). There is still flooding happening here too, the lake is at a record level. Thankfully we live up a bit of a hill, so we aren't in danger, but know people who had flooding in their homes. Sad!

I've been feeling a little up and down myself lately. I went and got my hair cut into a sassy style last night and have a little more pep in my step today. :) Rachel, it's funny, you have the opposite view of your body than me - I go around thinking I'm totally looking fine, and then I see a picture or look in the mirror and go WOW am I that big!?!! LOL! So we all struggle in some ways, and we all have things we have to overcome. Good that we are all together working on stuff!

We are going to a bbq tonight, and hosting a bbq tomorrow, so my plan is to fill the plate with vegetables/salads and steer far away from the chips and stuff. Will try to wrestle the self control into action! Ha!

Nichole - glad you are back. I am up 14 lbs from my lowest loss on MFP. The struggle is real! Don't beat yourself up, I'm a stress eater too. And honestly, when things feel frazzled at home/work, that effects everything for us women/moms. So try to give yourself extra patience and take it day by day. (currently I am taking it hour by hour!)

Eva - Glad to hear that you hubs is feeling much better. It's scary to think about what life would be like without your spouse, but also makes us appreciate them all the more. It's a good reminder for us all to be thankful for our health, and to keep working on getting healthier so we can live longer and enjoy life with our loved ones.

Have a good weekend, everyone! Get out there and get sweating and drink lots of water! :) Let's stay positive!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hello good people! I'm still here - suffering from a severe lack of motivation this week. I've travelled into the office for 4 days in a row (a 3 hour round trip) which hasn't helped. Going to stop thinking about logging this weekend as we've got friends coming for lunch tomorrow (early celebration for my birthday on Wednesday) so will get back on the horse on Monday and will catch up properly with you all! Have great weekends
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @Evamutt I use the Steps app on my unconnected iphone. It doesn't have a data plan, and you don't even have to be connected to wifi. It just uses the gyroscope. Here's an article that talks about Android apps.

@Rachel0778 They came out awesome! Thin but nice and crunchy so they don't smoosh into nothing. Great for scooping cottage cheese. YUM! Gonna have more today. They're about 140 cals/oz which is a nice snacky size.

@jdelaroy I meant a product request for Enlightened ice cream. You'll see it often mentioned in the Halo Top threads. Our grocery stores have started carrying Halo Top (though I can never find pistachio!) but nobody carries Enlightened, and I'm curious how it compares.

Managed to get to the gym last night for strength training, though I gave myself a pass on the cardio after an 11-hr day that netted me over 20k steps. Today I'll be in for 13, so PROBABLY just gonna come home and shower and go to bed! Tomorrow will be a "short" (9-hr) day, so I'm going to pre-log my exercise and commit to it! yeah! :relaxed:
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Hope you're all having a good weekend. I really appreciate that I can share on here. For most of the past week, as you know, hubby wasn't feeling well at all so I mostly stayed around instead of volunteering at animal rescue & missing some of the gym classes. I've always been a doer. It's always been hard for me during times when circumstances don't allow me to "do" on a regular basis. I get sleepy, life becomes hazy, I have no energy or motivation. Since hubby is doing fine now, I made myself go to the gym today. Went on treadmill, used some of the machines & swam in the pool. It all felt SO good. It's a little harder but very freeing at the same time being retired & having to make your own schedule, no one to tell you what you must do or being somewhere at a certain time. I retired early & am actually still signed up with a company, but I choose to have less $ & not work. My gym has changed. All the classes have been canceled & for an extra $20 or more a month they offer 4 personal trainer group classes a day, 5 on Tuesday & Thursday. Instead of thinking "no" right away, I got a free weeks pass & will check them out. I do like group classes & I don't like exercising at home.
    Summer is here to stay, almost100 degrees today, ugh. I hate the heat. I'm so hot all the time anyway, so we went grocery shopping yesterday & bought meat to cook on the grill more often. I don't cook casseroles or anything that takes much time during the summer.We don't have central air so our kitchen is very warm. We bought this teriyaki marinade & it makes the meat taste SO delicious all the way through! DH grilled pork steaks yesterday & chicken just now. I was SO tempted to eat some more pork last night, I had to keep getting up, drinking water, walking around just to resist, but I resisted. I'm so glad, I weighed a pound less this morning!I'm not reporting it until it's consistent for a week. I notice weight loss fluctuates for a while before it "sticks". Nothing much more going on. I do take all my dogs out every morning regardless of what else I do so I don't usually mention it. Walk on weekends & mostly dog park on week days. I don't log that as exercise because it's part of my usual routine. I'm planing to go back to the gym around 5 & tomorrow also & start my regular schedule at the animal rescue. that's pretty much my weekend. Hope all of you get some R&R, Thanks for listening
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Today I run my personal best+4 minutes! You would think that's only 4min, but that is an entire song, and I was sprinting them like Usain Bolt! B)
    Well deserved rest day tomorrow !
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Tired already. Yesterday was so hectic... I really don't want to do ANYTHING today :(

But it's a shorter day (9 hours) and it's also supposed to rain, so hopefully it will be quiet!
  • janetay01
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 - congratulations on your PB - that's an awesome achievement!

@clicketykeys - hope you get your quiet day! Well done on the 20k steps - I got one of those days in a couple of weeks ago and really felt it!

@evamutt - glad your husband is doing better right now. Hope this continues for many years for you both - and that you can get out and do things again. I sympathise with that so much - I get stir crazy if I go for too long without activity.

So today is my day to attempt to climb back on the horse. Work has been so busy recently and along with being away a couple of weekends ago, I've completely lost the track. It's my birthday on Wednesday so husband and I went for dinner on Saturday night then we had friends round for lunch and cake yesterday - so it's not been the best weekend for calorie counting! But I consciously gave myself the weekend off so I'm ok. And the 16,000+ steps I got in yesterday with a walk after lunch will have offset the cake a bit! I've pre-logged my meals for the day and will just see how I get on. The Hogwarts challenge has finished and I've submitted my application for the next one starting June 19th. I've set myself a mini goal - I want to start the next one at a lower weight than I finished the last one. So here goes - a short, two week personal challenge :smiley:

Hope Monday treats you all well!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Good morning, good morning!

Went away for the weekend to a women's retreat with my church. It was amazing! Friday morning was pretty terrible at work. Did a MAJOR screw up and got pulled into the office for a very frightening, I might get fired tomorrow, kind of talk. So I guess we'll see how that goes. But the DH has promised to stand by my no matter what happens. So if the praying people of this group could offer up a prayer for me, it would be greatly appreciated!

But with being away this weekend, logging my food took a total backseat. I didn't eat tooooo terribly but not great either. I'm kind of afraid to weigh myself, but I'm about to. Just to see the damage I did to myself.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day today!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Well I had a super busy weekend! I did my 7K, managed to run maybe 1/2-3/4 miles. Not as much as I wanted, but not bad considering I didn't do anything for the last 2 weeks.

That morning, you get a t-shirt when you pick up your packet. I asked for an extra large. Got back to the van and put it on. It felt tight along my back shoulder/bust area. Thought I might have grabbed the BF's on accident. He swears he has his. So I take of the t-shirt, and look inside. They gave me a M. Yes, I actually put on a M! I haven't worn a medium of anything since i was in junior high school. Debated whether to take it back and see if I could get a bigger shirt. Decided to keep it as motivation. I beat my PR by 3 minutes on Saturday. Woo hoo.

Yesterday, did all the chores, errands, stayed under calories, went roller skating and fishing. While fishing I had to borrow my BF's coat, and I could not only wear it but zip it up. It almost made me cry. I never thought I would be able to wear his things. I told him he better watch out I was going to start stealing his clothes. He smiled, and told me any time.

I think I only made about half of my goals. However, I am feeling quite motivated again.
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @janetay01 - Congrats on keeping it going! Yeah I put a cushion under my feet last night - that REALLY helped, lol! What's the Hogwarts challenge?

@HGSmith0920 - Ouch :( Bummer about work. I'm glad you have people in your life who support you!

@jdelaroy - That is an awesome accomplishment! lol what an amazing coincidence that they gave you not the size you asked for, but just the size you needed. But if that's only half your goals, you must have had a REALLY busy day planned!

Yesterday was indeed quiet. It rained off and on, and the crowds were really light. When it started raining again in the evening, I got to go home early - and I still got 15k steps in! woot!

And today and tomorrow I get my "weekend!" It's been awesome. I went to the pool with my mom this morning, and then I got to meet with the costume designer about my commission! I'm SO excited about this :D
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @jdelaroy you're weekend sounded awesome! I'm so glad you feel motivated again! And yay a M! I miss wearing mediums! I'm a XL girl too, much to my dismay. I'm glad you shaved time off your 7k. 4 Minutes is something to be proud of!

@clicketykeys I'm glad Sunday was slow for you and what you got to go home early! That's always nice. Today is my long day. What do you do with costume designing?

Well I'm on break from work right now. I have a whole 35 minutes more. I never take an hour break, but I have to today because between the two branches I work at, the number of hours I'm working this week got all screwy so they needed me to so that they don't go over. I'm working at the branch I actually like and feel so comfortable at today which is good because it's my first day back after a great weekend, but also after my terrible screw up on Friday. Everyone is talking to me like I'm gonna be here for a while, so I'm trying to take that as a positive sign that I'm not going to get fired at my meeting tomorrow. Duo there's hope for that! And once this month is over I'll be at this branch almost all the time. Which I'm really excited for. I love it here. The people are nicer, it's a little busier. I'm not afraid to ask questions or ask for help from my co-workers. I wish I had started here. I bet my issues wouldn't have happened if I had started here. But alas, such is life. LOL!

I would go for a walk right now but it's raining out and I didn't bring a rain coat or an umbrella. And I don't want to get wet since I still have 4 hours of work left. I wish I could though, because it's so boring in this break room.

Also, after my terrible eating and weighing myself after my shower with wet hair, I only gained 1.5 lbs! That was so encouraging! I thought I would have put in so much more. I need to work on my posture though. When I look in the mirror and see that my posture is poor, I have a large belly. When my posture is right, I have a relatively flat stomach, so that's something else to work on! I like looking in the full length mirror at work and seeing that I'm not as large as I thought. So that's a nice boost of confidence!
  • janetay01
    Options
    @clicketykeys - I thought the next Harry Potter/Hogwarts term challenge was open to new students now but I can't find it on the forums so I've asked a friend if they have the link. Basically, it's a HP themed weight loss challenge - I've only been in for one term but it was a serious lot of fun, nice and competitive and really kicked my backside back into gear. If I can get the link, I'll post it in here :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy, that is great. I love when you're not expecting something good & it happens. Sounds like most of you had a busy week end. I didn't but I'm still tired from the week end, lol