Useless Fact of the Day

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The news always starts with "good evening", but it then proceeds to give you a list of reasons why the evening is not good.
  • cee134
    Options
    School does not test your intelligence, it tests your memory.
  • cee134
    Options
    At special occasions girls with curly hair straighten it and girls with straight hair curl it.
  • cee134
    Options
    It feels terrible to have nothing to do, but feels great to have to do nothing.
  • cee134
    Options
    I've successfully dodged every bullet that has ever been fired, so far.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    "A variable speed of light (VSL) is a feature of a family of hypotheses stating that the speed of light in vacuum, usually denoted by c, may in some way not be constant, e.g. varying in space or time, or depending on frequency."
  • peckchris3267
    peckchris3267 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Just a silly thread for a bit of humour. Post yours...Lets educate ourselves! :dizzy:

Useless fact of the day: A shark will only ever attack you when your wet: FACT.

https://youtu.be/vAP5tojefz8
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Turtles have freakishly huge penises. Some turtles can have penises that are half the length of the underside of its shell during an erection.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    The debate on whether eyebrows should show when wearing sunglasses is unresolved. Some think it is a matter of face shape; others view the presence of eyebrows above the glass rim as a heinous crime. There appears to be no right answer.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Turtles have freakishly huge penises. Some turtles can have penises that are half the length of the underside of its shell during an erection.

And yet it would still be larger than some humans :laugh:
  • cee134
    Options
    Technically almost every mirror you buy at a store is in used condition.
  • cee134
    Options
    If your birthday is on 1st January, you are the same one age throughout the entire year. Everyone else has two ages within the year.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Technically almost every mirror you buy at a store is in used condition.

Golly gosh!

I am a sophisticated gentleman, my mirrors are produces in a closed factory, at night, during the new moon, by blind monks and then placed in a sealed box and shipped directly to my door.

I am not about to use some 2nd hand mirror, like some sort of common folk.

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I had curry for breakfast. :yum:
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Maggots can eat embalmed tissue.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    the human body is truly amazing, one of the byproducts of biochemical reactions in the body is ammonia, which is highly toxic. Because of this the body cannot store large amounts of it and in order to expel it in urine it would use vast amounts of water. sooo the body converts ammonia to urea, which is much less toxic and can be stored and expelled in larger amounts and therefore requires less water to get rid of. Clever girl.

(excuse any mistakes or the oversimplification, I haven't done biology in a while)
  • cee134
    Options
    When I knock on your door I'm basically punching​ your house until you talk to me.
  • cee134
    Options
    I feel like it'd be great if we could all have CB radios in our cars so that drivers could better communicate with each other. But then I remember what people are like and why we can't have nice things.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-u4Rl6pMLjdqHUDV61CM0EvCzRFQHKWFfnX-Y-xuS4_ZWn6oU
  • TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Doctors used to test for diabetes by drinking the patients pee