Mayo or no Mayo...???

Okay, I do eat boil eggs.... but I'm thinking about making egg salad.... what do you guys think about hellmanns real mayonnaise....

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Love mayo but it's calorific per tbsp.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Make it fit in your cals and enjoy :smile: the full fat mayos and salad creams are superior to those lighter ones imo - same goes for butter over margarine, no comparison.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    if it fits your calorie goals i don't see why not. egg salad is tasty.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I would go for it if you like mayo. But I think you could maybe make egg salad with mustard (I had some not that long ago, pretty good) but I don't have a specific recipe I can recommend.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I think mayo is gross - miracle whip for me! But if you like it and it fits your calories then enjoy. You could always use less. Or use mustard or avocado or even yogurt instead.
  • catrinafinney34
    catrinafinney34 Posts: 44 Member
    I like both actually, but I'm watching my carbs and mayo has less carbs...lol... but I'm making it by serving actually for me...lol so I know how many calories there are... I usually do weigh my food....lmao only time I can't if I go to restaurants....
  • catrinafinney34
    I'm actually sitting here in front of mayo and Miracle Whip reading the ingredients... I would have gotten light but this is before my diet... I've only been on it for 3 weeks almost lol... and all I did was buy yogurt fruit smoothies and Recovery drinks for after workout... I did get lite ranch and I love ranch but too much fat... I call it the fat people's dressing when I go out lmao
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I always use mayo in egg salad.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm actually sitting here in front of mayo and Miracle Whip reading the ingredients... I would have gotten light but this is before my diet... I've only been on it for 3 weeks almost lol... and all I did was buy yogurt fruit smoothies and Recovery drinks for after workout... I did get lite ranch and I love ranch but too much fat... I call it the fat people's dressing when I go out lmao

If you're limiting your carbohydrates, there isn't a need to limit your fat too. A low carbohydrate diet is often going to be higher in fat and that's okay.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    I always use miracle whip in egg salad.
  • catrinafinney34
    I want to keep my carbs from 61-105.... I would loved to... but I love fruit lol that's great to know...
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    I like both actually, but I'm watching my carbs and mayo has less carbs...lol... but I'm making it by serving actually for me...lol so I know how many calories there are... I usually do weigh my food....lmao only time I can't if I go to restaurants....

Finally, a spot-reducing exercise ("lmao") -- unfortunately, not the spot I most want to reduce. :'(
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    you could try fat free miracle whip or even the walden farms amazin mayo (zero cals)
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    I personally love mayo and I tend to use too much - but here's what I did today for my tuna salad. 1 tbs mayo, 1 tbs non-fat Greek yogurt and 2 tsp. Dijon mustard. It was delish!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    I use half mayo or mashed up avocado and some dijon mustard and if it's still too dry I'll use wome FF miracle whip. I'll put anything in a tuna or egg salad tbh lol
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    I use half greek yogurt at least. Get the creaminess and still some flavor with a lot less calories. I will also add some fresh herbs. For me mayo is more a texture thing anyway and greek yogurt is a good substitute that way
  • bapity88
    bapity88 Posts: 98 Member
    Nothing wrong with a little mayo although there are some substitutions. I just got some mayo made with avacado oil, and it's really good. Just measure out how much you're using to make sure you're counting the calories correctly.
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    MAYOOOOOOOOOOO yum!
  • BrknandBeautiful
    BrknandBeautiful Posts: 5 Member
    I love mayo, but I have also discovered that using avocado instead is pretty tasty! :)
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Mayo with eggs? Yuk.
    But then, I'm not a big fan of mayo at the best of times.