Question for those of you who lost 20 pounds or more

Options

Replies

• Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This site/app only! It's amazing how much it helps! Thank you MFP!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Lost over 40.

MFP, diet, and exercise.

That's it.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used both MFP and WW for about a month, but it got to be too much to log into both. MFP is much easier because they have such a huge data base. I've lost 26lbs, and I credit the majority of it to MFP.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 pounds but didn't join MFP until April. I started my weight loss journey in January though.

Before MFP though, it was just watching what I ate and exercised.. I also see a trainer twice a month, where we lift weights and do cardio.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've used this for balancing food and P90 for exercise. I didn't follow any diet per se. Just watched my balance with MFP
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    MFP only, and no more exercise than I did before MFP which is walking briskly with the dog a couple of miles a day.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30+ thus far, with much more to go, but I've lost the weight with this site/app only. ^_^

same only the app/site (started with the app back in nov. but didnt make an account til march or something like that)
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just the site and exercise
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just MFP and good old Jillian MIchael's :-)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I used Daily Burn before MFP and there was not a community like this one. I was also losing at a lot slower rate. I have been here since January and can say tracking calories and exercise works the best for me. It's an eye opener to see what you are actually putting in your body.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    MFP only. Watch portions and exercise a lot (about 6 of 7 days a week).
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've lost my weight just with MFP and exercise -- and if I'm being honest, not a ton of exercise. Before I got sick last month I averaged 30 minutes a day or so. Not much. But I don't follow any kind of "diet" plan, just watching my calories and keeping track of protein to make sure I'm getting enough.
  • prettyash76
    prettyash76 Posts: 117
    Options
    I only use this app and website. I dont need anything else. I love it and i am on here more than facebook now.
  • BecLee
    BecLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have lost 29 pounds so far and I have only used MFP. I must say that the app though is what has helped alot as it's allowed me to be able to keep my food diary up to date. I always have my iPhone with me to keep track on the spot what I eat. I had no idea earlier how much all the food added up so fast in calories. Definitely food portion size was a big problem for me.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    25 down so far and when I started it was just exercise and gave up soda lol now I found MFP and LOVE it
    today was my 20th day on mfp and I have lost 5 pounds since joining just saying
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I really just used to to track my food intake. After having my daughter, I breastfed (or tried, really) for a month so afterwards I would be starving and wanting to eat everything. It helped me realize what I was putting in my mouth. I don't do any specific diet, I watch what I eat, I try my best to keep snacky foods away from me and exercise.
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds on Weight Watchers this past year but then found this website about three weeks ago and began using the food journals instead on here. I lost 2 1/2 using MFP.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    MFP gave me the info I needed to adjust my diet.

I thought I knew how to lose weight before I got here. I'd lost a bunch in Jr. high and kept it off for 25 years.
    but turns out food has changed a lot in the past 40 years with additives and a tons of extra sugar. I'd enter foods that I had previously thought of as healthy and when I saw the stats on calories or sugar I'd be stunned.

I had 3 rail-thin sisters, but was blessed with a fat mommy who understood the struggle. She taught me how to make healthier choices without total deprivation.
  • mariasheehan
    mariasheehan Posts: 335
    Options
    Hiya, I lost 27lbs in total with MFP, I've put on 6lbs whilst on maintenance and I'm back on the weight loss journey again trying to re-lose those 6lbs, which shouldn't take long. MFP is fantastic, I would never look at WW again!! best of luck with your journey :-)
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have just used this website, but I do my food diary everyday, which has been a reality check of my caloric intake and I also execise at least 4 days a week!

Good Luck