Weight loss stopped

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm 34 y/o and at 6' height, I weigh around 190 lbs. (28%). I have been careful about my diet over the past three weeks. Recently, my weight has been hovering around 190 lbs. Not seeing any decrease in weight. My daily calorie intake is around 1700 -1800 (200 less than 2000 Daily goal). I have completely cut out bread and flour from my life (which is hard making me go crazy), yet I'm not seeing any reduction. May I request you all to please suggest where I could be going wrong?

I need to lose at least 30 lbs and, most importantly, bring the Fat% down.

Thanks in advance for reading this. Looking forward to your suggestions.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost in 3 weeks?
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Your diary is locked so I can't see your food.

The first thing to concern yourself is with proper tracking? Are you meticulous about tracking everything as well as ensuring that you are measuring and weighing correctly? If not, you could easily be actually eating 2,000 calories per day which would cause a VERY slow weight loss.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cut out bread and flour, that's not going to affect your weight loss. How are you determining how many calories you are eating. are you guessing or are you weighing your food on a food scale? A 200 calorie deficit is going to let you lose about 1 lb every 2.5 weeks, so you're going to have to be super accurate when tracking your calories.
  • TheTSPSolver
    TheTSPSolver Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

As you can see, the progress has stagnated since June 1st. Most importnatly, fat mass hasn't really changed.

lljhav01ac5h.jpg
    3nzh9gvbrqq6.jpg

• TheTSPSolver
    Options
    CMNVA wrote: »

The first thing to concern yourself is with proper tracking? Are you meticulous about tracking everything as well as ensuring that you are measuring and weighing correctly? If not, you could easily be actually eating 2,000 calories per day which would cause a VERY slow weight loss.

I try to be precise with my tracking. I mean, I'm not measuring everything I eat up to grams but they are good close guesstimates. I certainly try to use the bar code scanner if I can (e.g. for stuff like protein shake).
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    5 days without change isn't very long. Are you logging everything you consume every day? If no change after 3-4 weeks then maybe time to decrease your calories.
  • janjunie
    Options
    sdzaman wrote: »

As you can see, the progress has stagnated since June 1st. Most importnatly, fat mass hasn't really changed.

lljhav01ac5h.jpg
    3nzh9gvbrqq6.jpg

Like I said, you set your weight loss up to lose 1 lb every 2.5 weeks, you haven't seen results since June 1st, because it's June 6th today. Also if you aren't weighing your food in grams then you aren't tracking accurately, and since you set yourself up for slow weight loss (smart thing to do), you need to be accurate in your tracking.
  • TheTSPSolver
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    You don't need to cut out bread and flour, that's not going to affect your weight loss. How are you determining how many calories you are eating. are you guessing or are you weighing your food on a food scale? A 200 calorie deficit is going to let you lose about 1 lb every 2.5 weeks, so you're going to have to be super accurate when tracking your calories.

I'm actually trying to do ketogenic diet ("trying"). So low Carb intake is the first priority. Plus I am reading the book called "Wheat belly" by William Davis. I know that I am/was ADDICTED to wheat and bread. So, it is something I'm trying to avoid anyway.
  • janjunie
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    5 days without change isn't very long. Are you logging everything you consume every day? If no change after 3-4 weeks then maybe time to decrease your calories.

a 6 foot tall male should not be eating less calories then he is currently eating/aiming for.
  • TheTSPSolver
    Options

a 6 foot tall male should not be eating less calories then he is currently eating/aiming for.

Well, my biggest concern is that fat % is not going down. How do I lose the fat?
  • cathipa
    Options

The question still stands to know if he is actually eating the number of calories he says he is. He could be eating more than he thinks, but still at enough of a deficit to still lose.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    s27vcslpfo1r.jpg
  • janjunie
    edited June 2017
    Options

Well, my biggest concern is that fat % is not going down. How do I lose the fat?

By eating in a calorie deficit.

ETA: Are you lifting right now? That will minimize muscle loss as you lose weight.
  • janjunie
    Options

The question still stands to know if he is actually eating the number of calories he says he is. He could be eating more than he thinks, but still at enough of a deficit to still lose.

He could be but it's too early to tell.
  • cathipa
    Options

He could be but it's too early to tell.

Agreed
  • TheTSPSolver
    Options

a 6-foot tall male should not be eating less calories then he is currently eating/aiming for.

So my food estimates are based on MFP database. I always try to overestimate (if anything). Therefore, if I have to guess the number of calories I eat is less than recorded in MFP.

Here are the numbers from past three weeks.

ma8d6bhi9tka.jpg

As you can see from the image above, I have significantly reduced carb intake over time. Yet, the body fat percentage is not going down. That is my biggest concern because I need to bring the body fat percentage down.

wvt99w2d4hkb.jpg

In addition, I have been trying to exercise a lot. Which is why my net calorie intake is low.

xcxsx7d5m6dn.jpg
    2tl4yobti0ix.jpg

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

I try to be precise with my tracking. I mean, I'm not measuring everything I eat up to grams but they are good close guesstimates. I certainly try to use the bar code scanner if I can (e.g. for stuff like protein shake).

"trying to be precise" and "guesstimating" are not accurate in any way. sounds like you aren't even measuring let alone weighing what you take in. start there.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

"trying to be precise" and "guesstimating" are not accurate in any way. sounds like you aren't even measuring let alone weighing what you take in. start there.

This^

Some people stink at guesstimating. Even if you were good at it, certain foods are harder to guesstimate than others.

As you get closer to goal, guesstimating is going to cause more & more weight loss stops because the deficit becomes smaller.

Are you having your body fat % professionally measured?
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    you should definitely be in a deficit at that caloric intake, you either need to tighten up your logging or have more patience.

edit: 5 days is nothing, wait at least 3 weeks before you do anything (weight loss is not linear).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

You're guesstimating your food and calories. Use a digital food scale for all foods that are solids/semi solids. Use cups/spoon measures for liquids only.

The only food/beverage that is truly 0 calorie is water.

Wheat belly is crap. It's full of misinformation.