Weight loss stopped

Options
2»

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    First, work on accuracy. Weigh all solids and measure all liquids.

Secondly, 5 days is nothing and don't confuse weight loss and fat loss. Weight loss is not linear and can easily fluctuate several pounds from day to day. Focus on trends over several weeks.

Body fat measurements from scales are a joke. Mine isn't even remotely close. Even dexa scans would be completely worthless over just 5 days.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    Watch this video, OP. It shows why a food scale is such a valuable weight loss tool.

https://youtu.be/XpHykP6e_Uk
  • TheTSPSolver
    TheTSPSolver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Watch this video, OP. It shows why a food scale is such a valuable weight loss tool.

Thank you so much for this. And thank you all for your insights. It gave me hope to continue on the path. Just to summarize, I should measure everything up to the nearest gm. as I eat it?

What about eating outside? e.g. for lunch, I have to eat outside. So I grab a salad bowl. In fact, other than breakfast, I generally don't eat at home. I'm not eating anything unhealthy outside. still, how do I increase the accuracy of the things that I eat?

(I realize that the real challenge is not just a change in eating habits, but a lifestyle change).

Any tips would be helpful because I'm determined to accomplish my goal.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    sdzaman wrote: »

Thank you so much for this. And thank you all for your insights. It gave me hope to continue on the path. Just to summarize, I should measure everything up to the nearest gm. as I eat it?

What about eating outside? e.g. for lunch, I have to eat outside. So I grab a salad bowl. In fact, other than breakfast, I generally don't eat at home. I'm not eating anything unhealthy outside. still, how do I increase the accuracy of the things that I eat?

(I realize that the real challenge is not just a change in eating habits, but a lifestyle change).

Any tips would be helpful because I'm determined to accomplish my goal.

Yeah, you won't be able to way this stuff. And while you *can* eat very healthy while eating out, please know that the calorie counts given on the websites isn't going to be all that accurate because at different places, you have human beings making it. Your portion could be a bit larger than what the company deems as standard. So you could be more calories at every meal than, say, what Panera says you are getting. Whenever I eat out, I always assume that the calories are off a bit and are probably underestimated. In those cases, I make sure I cut back on a little on the things I can control like my snacks.