I'm a piece of crap

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    What people think of me

You are not in control of what people think of you. And frankly, it's none of your business. ;)

What is way more concerning to me in your case is what you think of yourself. You honestly need to work on that above and beyond all else. :)
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful person. Don't let anyone tell you any different. :)
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Add me! :)
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    Break your goals down into smaller benchmarks. Just focus on what you are doing *today.* If you have a day (and you will!) where you screw up, log what you ate honestly and completely, learn from it and move on. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weight defines and controls me. It hinders my life and puts me in a standstill. I'm scared to move on. Scared of every change at this point

nope... weight doesn't define you... you let yourself think that... but it isn't true.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    @ninka_polish - May I ask how old you are, your height and current weight as well as how much you're looking to lose?
  • itwontletmehaveaname
    itwontletmehaveaname Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Been there and felt the same way. i have failed numerous times. for the first time in years im seeing changes. try making small changes. reaffirm to yourself every day why you want this. If you slip up dont berate yourself, just keep going
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Add me too! We have all been there. I think what started me back on MFP was hitting rock bottom. I felt depressed and hopeless and I thought either I keep sinking and this is the way my story will end or I can turn the page and create a NEW story! You can do this. Don't be so hard on your self. I'll be glad to help!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It does not matter what others think of you.

You are worth it. The simple action of asking for help proves this fact. The act of self improvement does not originate from hate but from love. You wouldn't invest valuable time and energy into something you hate, but you certainly would and do with something you love.

I'm guessing what you are chasing is perfection - which is impossible. Progress is what you want and need and what defines success.

Make small goals. Do this exercise - write down 5 behaviors that contribute to where you are now. Prioritize these 1 through 5. Scratch off 2 through 5. Focus on #1 and identify a behavior to replace this with - something that gets you where you want to be. Once this behavior is ingrained in your routine, then repeat this exercise.

Our brains are not wired to go cold turkey with behaviors - we need to replace these with other activities.
  • Sheers1964
    Sheers1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful child of God and a valuable, lovely person! Okay, so you have some weight to lose, but you can totally do that - and there are so many people here on MFP in the same situation. We can work on it together because I have a LOT of weight to lose and everyone on MFP has been so wonderful and encouraging. But the first thing you must do is to NEVER speak about yourself that way, ever again! Would tell your best friend that he or she is a piece of crap? I don't think so, so you should never speak to yourself that way. <3 My name is Debbie, and I am in your corner! Feel free to contact me.
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You aren't crap. We all get down. I'm depressed right now myself. My guy has lost 19 pounds just by giving up soda and Oreos. I've been seeing a nutritionist for 2 months now and I've gained 5 pounds. I'm tired of being in pain, having my hands go numb, and having a reduced sex life because of my weight.

However, I'm not crap, and neither are you. Take a deep breath, regroup and try again. Every dawn brings a new day and a new chance to start again and get it right.
  • ILivSD
    ILivSD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Most of us have been in your shoes. Great things start with small steps\changes.
    I tend to look at your situation like "I got my self into this Mess, I can get my self OUT"
    I hate to beat the drum of education but the more you read and learn What to Do, and what little steps you have to take you will be headed down the road to success in no time.
    Just remember to always cut your self some slack You did not get this way over night, Your not going to get back to your old lighter self over night either, as much as we all would like that to be true.
  • ninka_polish
    ninka_polish Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes, people here are amazing. I'm that blue creature from the picture :) people share their positivism and confidence and good spirit. I'll use it as a shield read them over an over again every time i feel like I'm worthless because of weight i carry.