Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. You've got this! :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, thanks a lot for today. I went out of the house for walk the first time in months or years..I also did day one of food tracker. 43.5kg to lose. Thanks for this community.

Getting out can have a significant impact on your emotional state! That was a great idea.
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You are in no way a piece of crap. To be honest with you, when I first read what you were going through I felt you had strength. The fact that you have come to a public forum and expressed how you want to change is actually admirable, and you should be proud of yourself.

As most have mentioned, it's one step at a time, and the biggest step is wanting to change so well done. You can add me also if you wish, this is a great community and very supportive.

First step I would recommend, go for a walk everyday, doesn't have to be far, but it helps to clear your head. Cheers
  • gemabbi
    gemabbi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Please stop putting yourself down. Your family shouldn't slate on your weight at all. To loose weight you need to stay focused the first few weeks are the hardest but once you see a few pounds come off that will keep driving you to succeed. Make it your hobby your life. I've been there and it's flippin hard but it's worth it
  • markinoki92
    markinoki92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me. I would be happy to work out with you.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    a6ahe85bkjb9.png

9y2uhxssj0cr.png
    egal5ti9pihp.png

• gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No one is a piece of crap because they are finding things though going. You have the support of others on here and I see others have already given excellent advice. It took me years to get to where I am now. But I took every set back (note - not failure - set back!) and tried to learn from it. Ok sometimes I was down on myself, but that's ok, we all have our bad times, but remember they pass. Keep going, you WILL get there eventually just take small steps, set small achievable goals, and you'll do it.
  • ninka_polish
    ninka_polish Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It's been Day3 now and I'm still managing:) It's thought but being in touch with people here makes a tremendous difference. I want to send a morning hello message to all my friends but the app won't let me? It said request failed or something. Why can't I send messages to multiple people one after another?
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    You're doing great keep going!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's been Day3 now and I'm still managing:) It's thought but being in touch with people here makes a tremendous difference. I want to send a morning hello message to all my friends but the app won't let me? It said request failed or something. Why can't I send messages to multiple people one after another?

it thinks you're posting spam.

if you just say morning on your feed then all your friends can see it...
  • ninka_polish
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sorry Travis*
  • knittinjen
    knittinjen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A. If that's how your family treats you, you are right to stay away from them, but only because they are horrible people, not because of any fault of yours.

B. Fat and pretty are not mutually exclusive. I used to think this way. The fact is, you could live a perfectly happy life just the size you are now, especially since you said you are pretty fit. Honestly if I were your big sister, I would encourage you to work on loving and celebrating yourself exactly the way you are right now. You are a beautiful creation and do not need to conform to others' standards. I freaking hate society for making us feel this way.

C. I would honestly advise against going strongly on a weight loss program or plan until you are able to accept you as you. Because you are going to have bad days. Days when you ate the least and exercised all week and frigging gained five pounds! Because your body is going to FIGHT to keep that weight. You will do much better overall if you do not base your self worth on losing weight. Because that can really backfire. You fail to meet your goal. You say *kitten* it and binge eat. You gain a few more pounds. You get depressed and this time mad at yourself because it's your own damn fault. Spiral!

D. Then start a lifestyle change. And if you can't get below a certain point, but you are healthy and fit and your doc says so, you--each person was not meant to wear a size 0 or even a size 9.

E. A perfectly valid answer to someone who gives you *kitten* about your weight is, "*kitten* you, at least I'm not a judgmental *kitten*!"
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Wow travis from the very beginning you have been hostile to me but this is spiteful. Not it's not a spam. It took me a lot to come and look for support but people like you grudge it and I feel like comment like that cuts my wings:( despite your hostility I'll keep looking for support and I'm making friends in here! You made me feel really sad with that comment I hope it makes you feel good or something.

She wasn't trying to be spiteful, she's referring to the MFP message filter. When you try to send several messages one after the other, the spam filter blocks them, as the program assumes you're sending spam. The forum actually works the same way, I've found that sending multiple replies in a thread in a short amount of time will get me a spam block for a few minutes. :D
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Wow travis from the very beginning you have been hostile to me but this is spiteful. Not it's not a spam. It took me a lot to come and look for support but people like you grudge it and I feel like comment like that cuts my wings:( despite your hostility I'll keep looking for support and I'm making friends in here! You made me feel really sad with that comment I hope it makes you feel good or something.

I don't think he was saying that you ARE posting spam; just that the MFP site interprets multiple identical PMs in a short period of time as though it were spam.
  • ninka_polish
    Options
    Oh, God sorry then!!!! I thought she meant I was posting spam m. God I'm sorry. I messed up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

so just out of interest why have you friend requested me and sent me a message asking how i am, before posting this, if you have thought i have always been 'hostile' to you?
  • ninka_polish
    Options
    Apologies again. I feel like an idiot now. I'll send you apologies travis.