Club 200 who wants to join??? Any takers???

Options

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
    Prep Time:
    15 min
    Inactive Prep Time:
    5 min
    Cook Time:
    45 min
    Level:
    Easy
    Serves:
    6 @205 cals per serving (made with the bread crumbs) + add calories for the garlic cloves if you use them. Mom won't eat them so I skip it. lol.

Ingredients
    Vegetable cooking spray
    1/2 cup plain bread crumbs(Progresso Italian style) or I have also used (oatmeal or 1/2 oatmeal, 1/2 bread crumbs)
    1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf Parsley (fresh or 6 tsp dried)
    1/4 cup chopped garlic and herb-marinated sun-dried tomatoes(Bella Sun Luc
    2 cloves garlic, minced, optional
    2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
    1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
    Dash of sea salt
    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound ground turkey,(93/7 Foster Farms)
    1 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional) I also like to add cayenne! Some like it hot! lol.
    Directions
    Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, if using, eggs, milk, feta, salt, and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.

Carefully pack the meat mixture into the prepared pan and bake until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Put on a serving platter and serve.

NOTE: This is an altered version of Giada's meatloaf the way I made it! I wanted to be sure and blog it this time, as people usually ask when they see it in my diary.

NOTE: to decrease sodium. . .you can use just oatmeal without the breadcrumbs. . .and it lowers the calorie count. . Just a thought
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    RECIPE

i made this yesterday and it is amazing!!! and i didnt care that it was 108301 degrees outside :)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/12/broccoli-cheese-and-potato-soup.html
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    2 Quick and dirty recipes

#1 Blend Cottage Cheese and then add Ranch Dry dressing mix
    #2 Plain Greek Yogurt and add Ranch Dry dressing mix

Rosemary Chicken
    1 can of petite diced tomatoes
    1 Garlic Clove
    1 tbsp of Rosemary
    1 small onion chopped
    dash of sea salt and dash of pepper
    8 - 10 Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins

Mix
    Mix all ingredients together, spray the bottom of a pan with your favorite non-stick spray and lay out each thawed tenderloin
    then spoon on nice amount of the tomato rosemary mix to cover the entire tenderloin. Preheat oven to 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.

It is aromatic and delicious and your tenderloins will be very tender!
    Nutritional Value 147 calories for two pieces 7 carbs 1 fat 25 protein 414 sodium 6 sugar , So even four of these with a small salad and dressing would put you under 400 cals. I love this and it was quick and simple.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is for my pasta fix. So filling, too :o)

Hungry Girl Too-EZ Mac and Cheese

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/comfortably-yum-too-ez-mac-n-cheese-recipe
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible with recipes. I just portion control whatever I make for my family. I'll have to keep and eye out for stuff you guys post.

Mel
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'll be better about recipes next week, guys. This week is a little crazy for me :(
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a meatloaf recipe that only uses 4 ingredients:

one lb lean ground beef (I use 93/7)
    one egg, beaten
    1/2 cup salsa (I had Target brand on hand)
    1/2 cup bread crumbs (had Albertson's brand on hand)

Mix all together, bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. I used a 8x8 pan and got 9 servings. Per serving, 113 calories!
  • MakeupDameGetsFit
    MakeupDameGetsFit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    this is my ultimate goal so I'm in! anyone can feel free to add me as a friend. I can use ALL the support I can get!

GREAT pasta idea...

use your favorite low-call marinara sauce with lean ground turkey or make your own sauce with two diced roma tomatoes, garlic, oregano and whatever else you like sautee in separate pan from meat, drain meat and add to tomatoes and spices,

For noodles, take a zucchini or squash and slice very thin or use a slicer to make long strips. Boil water and blanch the strips... drain and use as noodles!!! Feels like pasta but with NO noodles, I LOVE this!! Because I honestly think I love the sauce most.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    2 Quick and dirty recipes

#1 Blend Cottage Cheese and then add Ranch Dry dressing mix
    #2 Plain Greek Yogurt and add Ranch Dry dressing mix

Rosemary Chicken
    1 can of petite diced tomatoes
    1 Garlic Clove
    1 tbsp of Rosemary
    1 small onion chopped
    dash of sea salt and dash of pepper
    8 - 10 Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins

Mix
    Mix all ingredients together, spray the bottom of a pan with your favorite non-stick spray and lay out each thawed tenderloin
    then spoon on nice amount of the tomato rosemary mix to cover the entire tenderloin. Preheat oven to 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.

It is aromatic and delicious and your tenderloins will be very tender!
    Nutritional Value 147 calories for two pieces 7 carbs 1 fat 25 protein 414 sodium 6 sugar , So even four of these with a small salad and dressing would put you under 400 cals. I love this and it was quick and simple.

Thank you so much. . sounds delish. . i have to try this.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Okay we now have our group 40 strong. . . . . CLOSED GROUP NOW>:bigsmile:
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm so behind on posts sorry... I see recipies were asked for so here is one for mexican chicken foil wrap...

You'll need a large square of foil

Take a chicken breast & coat with a tblsp or 2 of mexican seasoning
    Put on the foil
    Add a sliced potato (raw) or a cup, or more if you'd like) of chopped veggies (whatever you'd like)
    Add a cup or 2 of salsa
    Add a 1/4 cup lowfat cheese

Wrap up & bake at 350 for 45 minutes

Enjoy with a dollup of fat free sour cream:-)

i'm on vacation & slacking on the message boards cause I can't see them from my phone, sorry if I'm not keeping up... I have a hard time doing so in the boards to begin with... LOL
  • PinkiG35
    PinkiG35 Posts: 16
    Options
    some of those recipies look great. I am going to have to try
  • PinkiG35
    PinkiG35 Posts: 16
    Options
    Even though we have some fluff that we are working on.... what is one part of your body (not eyes, nose, ears etc that dont really change with weight loss) that you LOVE???

I LOVE my boobies and dont like my grandma fat arms. LOL:bigsmile:
  • bcbman
    bcbman Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Would like to be part of this group since 200 is my goal weight. My starting weight was 258 now 238. Suppose to hit 200 on Dec 25 2011 (or earlier).
  • CherrySourz
    Options
    Hey Club 200 peeps! I would love to join in if it's not too late? I've just joined MFP and I do love a good challenge. My SW is 251 to quite a way to go before I hit target :)
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    just testing to see if the signature works. hope everyone is doing well!
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tdotwitch
    tdotwitch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found this interesting article online that I thought I would share with the club.

Hey where can I get a club 200 siggy from? lol
  • tdotwitch
    tdotwitch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah it would help if I actually posted the article....

http://www.nowloss.com/fast-weight-loss-tips.htm