What's you funniest/most embarrassing gym moment?

Options
fromaquasar1
fromaquasar1 Posts: 51 Member
Today I did my first spin class - I did 2/3s of it with no pedals on my bike. Yep. I just thought they were funny little pedals, totally missed the box of attachments in the corner.

I nearly came off my bike and the girl next to me (who had helped me with my handle bars earlier) realized and jumped off her bike, the instructor came over to see what all the commotion was, it was a whole thing.

I got my pedals finished the class, pink cheeked from more than just exercise.

Now make me feel better - what's the dumbest/funniest/most embarrassing thing you've done in the gym?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but this reminded me that in elementary school gym class I once "scored" a goal for the opposite team playing road hockey!

oops! I didn't even notice at first, 'cause I hate hockey and clearly wasn't paying attention to what I was supposed to be doing.

I was proud that I scored! My "team" was staring at me like I was an idiot...teehee!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    Leaning back ready to do dumbell presses at my highest weight, 70 pounds each. I lean back all tight and fart so loud the gym just stops. Good times.
  • fromaquasar1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Leaning back ready to do dumbell presses at my highest weight, 70 pounds each. I lean back all tight and fart so loud the gym just stops. Good times.

I think this one might win, although the image of this
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    I tried to throw a 10kg medicine ball up at a beam but underestimated how much effort it would take. It missed the beam and sailed into the weights area with me running after it. I don't think anyone saw. I thought it was hilarious.

has me laughing out loud at work... I'm totally working you guys!

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Funny thread. I'm also laughing at work picturing these.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I was wearing headphones, with the music pretty loud. I ripped a good one and realized, just because I couldn't hear it, didn't mean it was silent. Every head turned at me in unison. I just gave a friendly wave and said "well that was a healthy push!" Oops!

lol I dunno why I thought of the way they've turned like "The Voice" style:

tenor.gif

zgkKe.gif
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Last night when I got done I went out to my car and took my shirt (soaking with sweat) off so I'd dry a little while I was driving so I could put on my not gym shirt and my wife wouldn't be like 'eww you're all sweaty' I threw it in the trunk right as this guy and his kid come and sit in the car next to mine, the guy gives me a look and I kinda just quick get in my car. I go to start it and I can't find my keys. So I frantically search and tear through my car and look high and low and realize.... I put my keys in the trunk. So I wait a couple more minutes to go get them because this guy is still parked next to me and now I'm an idiot who not only took his shirt off after the gym who definitely does not have the bod for that stuff, but also threw his keys in is trunk. I got em and the guy gave me the "you're real dumb, not a good role model for the kid that's with me" look and I sped off to go home
  • fromaquasar1
    Options
    Last night when I got done I went out to my car and took my shirt (soaking with sweat) off so I'd dry a little while I was driving so I could put on my not gym shirt and my wife wouldn't be like 'eww you're all sweaty' I threw it in the trunk right as this guy and his kid come and sit in the car next to mine, the guy gives me a look and I kinda just quick get in my car. I go to start it and I can't find my keys. So I frantically search and tear through my car and look high and low and realize.... I put my keys in the trunk. So I wait a couple more minutes to go get them because this guy is still parked next to me and now I'm an idiot who not only took his shirt off after the gym who definitely does not have the bod for that stuff, but also threw his keys in is trunk. I got em and the guy gave me the "you're real dumb, not a good role model for the kid that's with me" look and I sped off to go home

Take that sweaty shirt off with pride - you earned it!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    One time my bro racked a 25 lbs weight as a 20 lbs weight. You should of seen bros face when he realized what he did.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    My gym has several levels, the sub-level/basement has large rooms for classes, the main level has a cardio machine area, half a dozen basketball courts, and a soccer field, and the upper level has a large weight area and a track. The track overlooks the basketball courts and soccer field. So I was walking the track to warm up for my run and managed to drop my ipod. It bounced on the track a couple times and then fell off the track, briefly balanced on some netting (that keeps soccer balls from hitting people on the track), and into the soccer field below... during a soccer game. Luckily I got it back and it was fine, but I had to do a walk of shame down to the soccer field and ask a kid to get it for me.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Also yesterday, I was doing a standing dumbbell row, and I like the dumbbells to be flat against each other so it's more like a bar, and when doing that I pinched my *kitten* and made a minor yelp and looked up to make sure no one noticed and this guy was looking me dead in the eye
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I was changing 45lb plates on a bar when this guy walks up to make small talk. After about 30 seconds, he stops talking mid-sentence and passes out cold. He fell straight back and smacked his head of the concrete floor.

I was still able to get 5 reps at 245 lb. & then stepped it down to 225 for the last couple of sets.

note: When someone passes out, their ability to effectively spot is greatly diminished.

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I teach water fitness classes...One day I was teaching right after a busy day at the "day job" where I had gotten too busy to fit in lunch (or breakfast for that matter)...I am told that I was in the middle of recumbent pull ups, made a "squeeky" sound and just sort of floated away! I have not made this mistake again & learned the hard way to keep portable high protein snacks in my car so I can, at the very least, snarf down on my trip in!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. Ripped a LOOOOUUUUUUUD fart.

Saw a guy look over, so I just shrugged. Whatchagonnado?
  • briwill1977
    briwill1977 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Doing box jump number 50 or so and missing it completely on the next jump. And missing the high bar on a burpee pull up jump.
  • KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I fell off an exercise ball while getting ready to work my glutes, looked like no one saw so I got up super quick and tried again.... then fell off again and definitely people saw me that time
  • fromaquasar1
    Options
    KylaBlaze wrote: »
    I fell off an exercise ball while getting ready to work my glutes, looked like no one saw so I got up super quick and tried again.... then fell off again and definitely people saw me that time

At least you tried again right!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Free weights whilst doing my squats, was going really well, finished all my sets. Then could not get the barbell off the back of my shoulders as my arms were just not up to lifting it back off, so had to bend down and lean to one side to support the barbell on the floor whilst I freed my poor neck, much to the amusement of my fellow gym goers.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Free weights whilst doing my squats, was going really well, finished all my sets. Then could not get the barbell off the back of my shoulders as my arms were just not up to lifting it back off, so had to bend down and lean to one side to support the barbell on the floor whilst I freed my poor neck, much to the amusement of my fellow gym goers.

You're not supposed to lift it off your back. You're supposed to walk back into the rack/cage - where the pins are located slightly below where the bar rests on your back/traps - and simply lower it until you are no longer supporting the bar.