Did the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD this morning - Level 2
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I did turbo jam and yoga this morning.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Added a "beach ball" workout (though the book considers a 9" 'bouncy ball' to be a beach ball). Used 8-lb and 10-lb dumbbells for resistance intervals while doing it.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Here is today's workout! Did each circuit for 10 minutes before moving on to the next one:

10 American Kettlebell swings (35lb)
    10 weighted calf raises
    10 Weighted Step-ups
    10 Kettlebell deadlifts

10 single arm Kettlebell swings (each arm)
    10 weighted back squats
    10 good mornings
    10 weighted hip thrusts

1 burpee
    10 med ball sit ups
    10 alternating med ball push ups (5 each side)
    20 Russian twists (r=1, l=2)
    10 leg lifts

Extra booty burner-do all moves from a kneeling position and do 10 reps each leg before moving to the next exercise
    -leg lifts
    -donkey kicks + pulses
    -fire hydrants
    -leg circles (5 each direction)
    -side leg lifts

I was able to get through 1 round of the booty burner before I ran out of time - hoping to get another 2 rounds in tonight but I AM SORE!
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just the kind of group I need.. I am a stay at home mother to 4 children. And this is what I need to get my swing into excersicing. So where to start any ideas?
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Just the kind of group I need.. I am a stay at home mother to 4 children. And this is what I need to get my swing into excersicing. So where to start any ideas?

First figure out what options are available to you. Workout DVD's are always a great option since you can find a large variety of them to fit your current needs - and many are available for free on You Tube. Pinterest has a bunch of printable workouts you can follow including some playground workouts using the stuff there. Body weight exercises require no equipment and walking/running can also be done anywhere. Bike rides are also good.

Personally I started walking then moved up to jogging for short bursts, then the jog became a run, then I was doing long jogs, and now lots of walk/jog/run intervals. Added some light weights and crunches, squats, lunges, etc...then made those get harder.
  • cataman007
    cataman007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sent you friend request...i did
    20min ab attack
    30min walking
    1 min jumping rope (just started w this-planning to go up to 10min eventually) today.
    I try to work out min 3 times per week min. 30-40min cardio (depending on what i'm doing) with preferrably weight training. Trying to lose 30lbs and lost 6lbs so far in 2 weeks. Good luck to u!

Best,
    C
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    Thank you both for the info.. I don't have anything at this point so guess I could just use my body weight for now. What are some good workout videos that y'all have done?
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    cataman007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sent you friend request...i did
    20min ab attack
    30min walking
    1 min jumping rope (just started w this-planning to go up to 10min eventually) today.
    I try to work out min 3 times per week min. 30-40min cardio (depending on what i'm doing) with preferrably weight training. Trying to lose 30lbs and lost 6lbs so far in 2 weeks. Good luck to u!

Best,
    C

Did you send me a friend request cause if so I didn't receive it.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I love so many that are free on YouTube. BeFit channel has lots of options...I have tried Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, Leslie Sansone, The Firm, popsugar yoga, Kendall Hogan... I also borrow a lot from the library. You can't find much Beachbody stuff online/free, but I can borrow so many from the library.
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    I love so many that are free on YouTube. BeFit channel has lots of options...I have tried Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, Leslie Sansone, The Firm, popsugar yoga, Kendall Hogan... I also borrow a lot from the library. You can't find much Beachbody stuff online/free, but I can borrow so many from the library.

Thank you @DancingMoosie. I will totally go look at the library..
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Don't forget to ask if you don't find any. My library does not have much on the shelf, but they have an "ILL" system (inter-library loan). They showed me how to log in and search. Any library in the system that has the DVD you want will send it to your home library. It's great!
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    Don't forget to ask if you don't find any. My library does not have much on the shelf, but they have an "ILL" system (inter-library loan). They showed me how to log in and search. Any library in the system that has the DVD you want will send it to your home library. It's great!

Sounds good. Only thing we just moved and I have no internet set up yet. :(
    Hopefully soon though.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    That's why borrowed DVDs are so great. I also can't do internet videos...uness at the library or out of town.
  • chaseracer2386
    Options
    Well today's the day. Fixen to get my kiddos fed then start in on a work out. Maybe some stretches first. Then some sit ups or crunches. Push ups.. Butt crunches for sure(need a toned booty) lol. Leg lifts.. And some jumping jacks.. Wooo
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Well today's the day. Fixen to get my kiddos fed then start in on a work out. Maybe some stretches first. Then some sit ups or crunches. Push ups.. Butt crunches for sure(need a toned booty) lol. Leg lifts.. And some jumping jacks.. Wooo

Here is a quickie workout I do when not at home with all of my equipment:
    40 jumping jacks
    30 crunches
    20 squats
    10 push-ups

try for 5 rounds
  • chaseracer2386
    Options

Here is a quickie workout I do when not at home with all of my equipment:
    40 jumping jacks
    30 crunches
    20 squats
    10 push-ups

try for 5 rounds[/quote]

Sounds good. Might have to cut these in half since I haven't worked out in a long time. Lol
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Overslept today so just did some upper body weights - biceps curls, triceps extensions, chest press and fly, and back fly and rows. Some jumping jacks and crunches were in there as well.
    Going to be carrying rocks down a big hill today so that will be my main workout I guess.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi there! Just found this post and I would like to join you all please. I'm re-re-restarting my fitness journey . Yup three times the charm I hope. I get de-railed by stress but I'm seeing that.

Anyways I do not have access anymore to a gym so this thread is perfect for me.

I usually do better when I work from home than when I go into the office but I want to change that. Today is an office day. I took a 15 minute walk around the office buildings. It got humid and yucky by the end of it but I'm happy that I did.
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I only train at home and the local park, I dont think anyone needs a gym body weight and some dumbells is all you need.