Help!!!!

Options
How do you get back on track after alot of stress & work/home life?

Replies

• sarahlovesfood25
    sarahlovesfood25 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thank u for ur support just went off track abit im finding it hard to get back on it
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I understand. It's a process, ya know? Sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back. There are a lot of habits to change, and it just takes time. Keep heading in the right direction and you'll get there. It's not a test of whether you're a good person, it's just a little discipline is all.
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @sarahlovesfood25 getting back on track can be difficult for sure. Please feel free to check out our newly created group Operation Weigh-Less for any motivation, inspiration and daily check-ins :)
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Thank u :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    You do it the same way you got started in the first place. You just make up your mind to do it and do it.

Managing stress can be an important part of the process. Look into stress management techniques. I like breathing exercises. So simple but they really work well.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    you also dont have to jump into the deep end right from day 1. you can poke your toe in the shallow end to see if the water is warm.

Just start making small changes that work towards your goals. when you are comfortable with those, add in a few more changes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I used to be an emotional eater but now manage stress with regular exercise, and extra exercise on particularly stressful days.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I printed some of my diary entries from the beginning so I could remember what I was eating. It was slow, the first few days I did good with breakfast and lunch and crashed at night. I am back on track now though. Keep trying until it comes together.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Start TODAY! Do at least one thing today to help you to get where you want to be. Even if today wasn't "perfect". Go for a walk or eat chicken instead of pizza, every thing works together and adds up! When you wake up tomorrow it will be even easier, you're on day 2.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Thank u for ur support just went off track abit im finding it hard to get back on it

One step at a time. Just continue to move forward even if it's one meal at a time. Shrug off bad days, we all have them.
  • BPCycler
    BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    How do you get back on track after alot of stress & work/home life?

Your profile pic says it all.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Thank u everyone, im finally back on track and feel better for doing it, ive read each and every comment and its really helped me so thank u all
  • idamgreen15
    idamgreen15 Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What I do:

* POP IN THOSE HEADPHONES & and press SHUFFLE
    * Look in the mirror. (That's not you, huh)
    * Pull up weight loss BEFORE and AFTER pics for MOTIVATION! (Because if they can, YOU can!)

By the time you know it you've got your tennis shoes on, you're sweating, and the best part now YOU'RE DETERMINED! Remember you gotta make yourself happy. Once you do this you'll be glowing. The pounds will melt off as well as the stress. Good luck! :)
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    I really hope so lol thanks for the tips
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Be gentle.

The last thing you really need after dealing with so much stress is to get harsh on yourself in getting things back on track. Some people enjoy the "boot camp" approach to getting back on track, but I find that annoying and stressful.

I actually recommend incorporating meditation. (Now don't freak out.) Just learning from an app or website like Calm.com is a great place to start, and pretty mainstream - no chakras or spirit guides or incense if you're not into that thing. Even taking 10 deep breaths before getting out of bed in the morning can be surprisingly powerful.

The idea is that stress makes it harder to lose weight. When less stressed and focused, it is easier to stay true to your goal. It's easier to eat mindfully. It's easier to get the energy to work out. And so on.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust off and keep on going! Life happens, life sucks from time to time. Stress is a daily factor, just have to look past it and keep on trudging! Hope things work out for you!! :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    ZephieC wrote: »
    I printed some of my diary entries from the beginning so I could remember what I was eating. It was slow, the first few days I did good with breakfast and lunch and crashed at night. I am back on track now though. Keep trying until it comes together.

Got to say....
    I love the idea of printing out previous successful days as a means to getting back on track. It takes a lot of the thought and procrastination out of the first few days.

Cheers, h.
  • sarahlovesfood25
    Options
    Thank u to everyone for ur support and comments :)
  • jazziekins
    jazziekins Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had an extremely stressful week at work. My decision was to take the week off from diet and exercise. I'm enjoying my food and my time to myself. However, I realized this evening I missed my exercises.

It has put some things into perspective for me. I need to be more mindful of the calories I eat so I am not so tired the following day(s). Need to start listening to my body and it's requests.
    I need to remember while food needs to be a source of energy it can be a source of enjoyment - home grown lettuce and a fantastic vinaigrette make a fabulous meal. Enjoy more so I am not so exhausted by this journey.