Suggestions please...

Options
2»

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I love a good salad, too. But my significant other does All of the cooking and food prep and our salad is saved under "The Big Salad" in my foods list for a reason. They're HUGE and I have to save them for days where I have tons of exercise calories. They come in at around 850 calories even though we use no meat.

They have mixed romaine and butterleaf lettuce, spinach leaves, 2 homemade pickled red beet eggs (chopped), pickles, black olives, artichoke hearts, chick peas, tomatoes, raw broccoli, cauliflower, cubed muenster cheese, pickled beets, avocado, a bit of nutritional yeast, crushed walnut, and a no more than 8 large garlic croutons. Topped with "Annie's Organic Artichoke Parmesan" dressing.

It's definitely plenty for dinner!

9dyla48cm5if.gif
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love a good salad, too. But my significant other does All of the cooking and food prep and our salad is saved under "The Big Salad" in my foods list for a reason. They're HUGE and I have to save them for days where I have tons of exercise calories. They come in at around 850 calories even though we use no meat.

They have mixed romaine and butterleaf lettuce, spinach leaves, 2 homemade pickled red beet eggs (chopped), pickles, black olives, artichoke hearts, chick peas, tomatoes, raw broccoli, cauliflower, cubed muenster cheese, pickled beets, avocado, a bit of nutritional yeast, crushed walnut, and a no more than 8 large garlic croutons. Topped with "Annie's Organic Artichoke Parmesan" dressing.

It's definitely plenty for dinner!

9dyla48cm5if.gif

:D:D:D
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @Poisonedpawn78 haha.. I love it! Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning.:-)
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You already have a lot of suggestions for meal plans so I have nothing to add in that category. However, what really helps me is snacks.

I find that eating snacks rich in protein and or fiber throughout the day keeps me satiated so that I can maintain smaller, healthier meals. Every so often, I have a apple, banana, protein bar, or protein shake smoothie.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love a good salad, but usually have soups, stews, chilis, stir fries, curries, etc that I freeze in portions on days off.
  • Sunshine6909
    Options
    @WendyLeigh1119 sounds delish! I have heard of eating raw broccoli & carrots but keep forgetting to try it.
  • Sunshine6909
    Options

I find that eating snacks rich in protein and or fiber throughout the day keeps me satiated so that I can maintain smaller, healthier meals. Every so often, I have a apple, banana, protein bar, or protein shake smoothie.

Thanks for your input.. there is nothing worse than staring into the pantry wondering, "What can I nibble on?"
  • Sunshine6909
    Options
    I love a good salad, but usually have soups, stews, chilis, stir fries, curries, etc that I freeze in portions on days off.

Freezing meals is a great idea. My health is not great & there are times when I just can't cope so having something prepared would be really helpful. My husband steps in & cooks. He enjoys it. Lastnight he made a fish pie but it did take a lot of my days kjs. Tasty tho :-)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Thanks for your input.. there is nothing worse than staring into the pantry wondering, "What can I nibble on?"

Tasti protein bars (in the muesli bar aisle), ~ 800kj, my fav is the dark choc orange; Justine's protein cookies, choc fudge brownie (in the 'health and beauty aisle, they'll be near vitamins etc), 1020kj; Watties 'lite' tinned fruit, ~370-400kj per tin.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm not creative in the kitchen at all lol...so I use other websites for recipes

Skinnytaste.com
    Emilybites.com
    Slenderkitchen.com
    Cooking light.com
    Hungrygirl.com
    Skinnyms.com
    Dashingdish.com
    Yeah...meal prep is very important too me :D
  • Sunshine6909
    Options
    Interesting @Nony_mouse, I've stared clear of protein bars & the like beacause I assumed they would be too high in cals & therefore only for really active people who would easily burn it off. Will have to take a better look! :-)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Interesting @Nony_mouse, I've stared clear of protein bars & the like beacause I assumed they would be too high in cals & therefore only for really active people who would easily burn it off. Will have to take a better look! :-)

The Tasti bars are 'protein-esque', basically just a higher protein muesli/nut bar. Calorie-wise they're a pretty perfect snack.