My story.. Almost done! (Pic)

Options
micheledennis78
micheledennis78 Posts: 24 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
In 2014 my health was failing, I was trying to recover from being bed bound for 4 months and I was desperately trying to gain control over managing my SLE Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Dysautonomia, a Back Injury from a dog attack, General Edema and my "new" Pre-Type 2 Diabetes symptoms NATURALLY and medication free!! It felt like I was in a constant flare with a good day here and there... So, I jucied and I went Organic and NonGmo. Although I started feeling a little better it wasn't enough and the weight I had gained really wasn't budging... So I cut refined sugar, high starch and simple carbs and finally started losing some weight slowly! I was still having issues with swelling of my limbs and face which had been an issue my whole life..., after some research I decided to cut one more thing from my diet just to see if it would help and it did! I cut out gluten and like magic my adema was gone and if I do eat gluten it does come back because I also have NCGI, so being gluten free is here to stay for me. I have maintained this lifestyle for a little over 2 years now. Even dealing with losing my Father, my Son turning 22 and my Daughter graduating high school all in a matter of weeks of each other I have maintained my weight. I did slack on logging during that time, but I stayed on track! I have lost 55lbs so far and I take zero meds to manage my diseases it is all done through what I eat and drink! Also 95% of my weight loss has been from my "diet" and mindset changes do to not being able to exercise consistently. I do try to walk daily and I'm really trying to get consistent with exercising to lose this last bit of weight. It just takes a little more patience because exercise and Fibromyalgia are not great friends. Although there is no cure for 4 of my health issues I finally feel like I'M in control!!
2017_06_12_10_24_38_226.jpg
free cdn image hosting

Replies

• acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing. I can tell how hard you work at overcoming obstacles. Keep up the great work!
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    acbraswell wrote: »
    That is so amazing. I can tell how hard you work at overcoming obstacles. Keep up the great work!

Thank you, I'm still amazed at the difference! Not just how I look, but how I feel!!
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You 're a HERO
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    You 're a HERO

Wow, thank you!! I just hope my story gives others with similar struggles hope and motivation to not give up!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Great work. Inspiring.
  • Caloriesloser
    Caloriesloser Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations!!
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    Great work. Inspiring.

Thank you!!
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    Wow congratulations!!

Thank you!!
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Wow you look like you could be around your daughter's age in that picture! Huge difference and the weight loss really took years off your face.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I thought that might've been your younger brother and sister not your kids!
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you are awesome! i have the same gluten issues as you. tons of edema, joint aches & pains, mental fog. losing the gluten has been a game changer.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! You are such an inspiration. Btw you two look like sisters in the pic. HOT MAMMA☺
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    RenaTX wrote: »
    Wow you look like you could be around your daughter's age in that picture! Huge difference and the weight loss really took years off your face.

Thank you! I've heard that a lot lately :)
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    I thought that might've been your younger brother and sister not your kids!

Thank you!! Since the youngest turned 18 this year I am now the proud mamma of TWO adult children... I'm still a little in shock myself...lol :D
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    you are awesome! i have the same gluten issues as you. tons of edema, joint aches & pains, mental fog. losing the gluten has been a game changer.

Losing the gluten really has been a game changer for me as well!! I'm glad you were able to figure out the cause as well! My doctors had me on water pills for years before I gave up the meds and went all natural and finally gluten free.
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! You are such an inspiration. Btw you two look like sisters in the pic. HOT MAMMA☺

Thank you!! :)
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Eesh I thought partner and then best friend!!! You look so young - before you lost the weight and after! You look fabulous now.
    Your kids must be so proud of you.
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    smal48 wrote: »
    Eesh I thought partner and then best friend!!! You look so young - before you lost the weight and after! You look fabulous now.
    Your kids must be so proud of you.

Thank you!! :) I hope they are too, I strongly believe in leading by example!
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Well done :)
  • micheledennis78
    Options
    take2spicy wrote: »
    You look beautiful! Well done :)

Thank you :)