I'm probably the only person who hates pasta... and bread... and cereal.

Options

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I'll take all the pasta off y'alls hands. Especially my own from scratch. :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I like them. I really only like freshly made pasta though, or at least boxed pasta is not worth the cals to me.

I very rarely eat any of those things though. Just doesn't do it for my diet or way of eating.

I really love a good bagel, especially here in NYC. But they piss me off. I'm literally more hungry after I finish one and they're like a 3rd of my days calories if there's cream cheese on it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'll take all the pasta off y'alls hands. Especially my own from scratch. :)

Please invite me over when you do *drools* :p
  • ccunningham62
    ccunningham62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the 30 Day Wholefoods Challenge? Believe it is Paleo
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the 30 Day Wholefoods Challenge? Believe it is Paleo

I've done a whole 90.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Just not a fan of starches in general. Pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, rice, etc. Give me some vegetables, meat and cheese, please! Anyone else?

count me in, brutha

I'll do a lil' white rice for some quick energy, but the rest is garbage -- imho
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love pasta and rice....but dislike fries/potatoes/chips, breads/sandwiches, donuts, pies, cakes, French toast, pancakes. Blahhh. Nope.

I'm a dairy-hound for sure. Live on cheese and milk? Yes, please. Fruits and Veggies definitely. Shrimp and Lobster, yes! Chicken - meh.

But NO on Pork, Beef, Fish, or *others* (ie: things I'll never try like Veal, Lamb, Venison, etc). I just don't like the consistency or taste.

I'm a fussy eater. But my exception is beef jerky. I live half my day on it. I have a salt tooth.

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Just not a fan of starches in general. Pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, rice, etc. Give me some vegetables, meat and cheese, please! Anyone else?

Yep you're a real weirdo, lol. But to each thier own I guess :p
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the pasta part... I don't get it, it's just bland mush. I consider it a blessing not to like the stuff :smile:

Now bread, that's another story! I could live on bread and butter!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Don't really like potatoes it won't be the first thing I choose to spend calories on especially not if they are boiled or mashed I will eat a jacket every now and then but chips (fries) I do like but don't have very often at all.

Also don't like white rice it's just plain boring, don't mind brown rice but just as happily leave it off my plate if I don't have the cals left.

Fortified cereals mess with one of my meds so can't eat them, I'm so used to that now it doesn't bother me and last time I had some it tasted too sweet. I do like oatmeal though.

Gotta say love pasta and bread I will never give those up.
  • PatanjaliTwist
    PatanjaliTwist Posts: 485 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm the same. Toss in rice, too, cuz that looks like a bowl of termites to me. :(

A nice loaf of homemade bread twice/yr is enough for me.

And, meet the only person who dislikes chocolate, sugar & ice cream. I simply cannot understand the lust everyone has around chocolate. Fresh fruit is my candy.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My favorite food in the universe is pasta (actually, it's in a tie with cheese.) I like rice, too. I dislike most store-bought bread, and most cereal is just a crappy waste of calories. Freshly baked, homemade bread is pretty good, though...

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I'm with you on the pasta part... I don't get it, it's just bland mush...

If your pasta is bland and mushy, you're doing it wrong.

Sooooo true!!! ;)
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Do people mean plain pasta? Who eats plain pasta? There needs to be sauce and cheese and vegetables and yummyness!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nope, love it all.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    As far as pasta goes... I guess my hang up is spaghetti, alfredo, macaroni and cheese, etc. I DO like lasagna and manicotta though...
  • PhylinAZ
    PhylinAZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love pasta, bread and rice. I really have watch my carbs. Yesterday I didn't eat my usual toast in the morning. I had 1 cup of barilla pasta (protein added), with red sauce, broccoli and 3 oz. lean chicken. Bread, I don't like most of the store brands. I make my own. I put half of it in the freezer to avoid the temptation of a whole loaf. Potatoes, I can take or leave.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I generally don't eat a lot of pasta, bread, cereal, bagels, donuts, or rice.

If I eat anything out of that group more than others it's cereal as a snack on the rare occasion & rice/pasta if it's in a frozen meal.