P90xer's Team: Bring it!!

Options
A thread for all of those doing or starting P90x!

Recruiting teammates on all days and in all rounds: The goal is to provide a place where people can ask questions/seek advice from others on the program free from the BeachBody coaches that are programmed to push products and not necessarily fitness!

Blog entry also: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/boilermakerblaw/view/wanted-teammates-129608

Let's Bring it!!!!

Replies

• blwood860
    blwood860 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am in - hello!
  • blwood860
    Options
    bump
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in week 2 of the lean schedule. I like these posts for P90Xers.
    Good luck!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Almost done round 2, going to give P90X Plus a spin when I'm done. I'm in!
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I have some P90X videos but afraid to start them due to the complexity of the programs. I keep watching them over and over. I need some advice on how to supplement the exercises that call for the pull up bar, because I have no where to put a pull up bar, I will NOT put all of this weight on my door frames..LOL..and I exercise in my livingroom. Would love to join this group.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I hear you about the BeachBody coaches... when I ordered the Slim-in-Six program, they just assigned me to somebody, even though I didn't want a coach, and this guy has been e-mailing me nonstop trying to pimp the Shakeology and a bunch of other stuff. He was even trying to sell "healthy cupcakes" that his girlfriend makes. And he started sending messages on facebook, too, which I found more than a little weird. Lay off, guys!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Interesting! I have some P90X videos but afraid to start them due to the complexity of the programs. I keep watching them over and over. I need some advice on how to supplement the exercises that call for the pull up bar, because I have no where to put a pull up bar, I will NOT put all of this weight on my door frames..LOL..and I exercise in my livingroom. Would love to join this group.

Have you considered starting out with the band option? If you get a tough enough band you can attach it high on a door and use it for pullups. I understand the concern for the door frame, but it may be worth getting a pullup bar and trying it out! I found my pull-up bar for $12 at TJMaxx! I think I'm going to invest in a nicer one soon but it has definitely done the job!

Also, if you put socks around the ends of the bar (where it touches the doorframe) It keeps the bar from scuffing/denting the wood!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Almost done round 2, going to give P90X Plus a spin when I'm done. I'm in!

I also want to do P90x plus when I'm through with P90x! I also am thinking of giving the 10 minute trainer videos a whirl!
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm in! I did it last summer but failed to actually finish the 90 days. Hopefully I'll have more success this time around!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    What are y'all's favorite and least favorite P90x workout and why?

How do you deal with your least favorite?

My favorite workout is definitely KenpoX: I really enjoy the kicking and punching and I manage to burn a ton of calories while doing it! I think, I'll admit, my heart rate gets its highest during the "breaks" where you run, jump rope, as well as do jumping jacks & X-jacks. I think keeping the heart rate elevated in this way helps burn more calories during the fun stuff!

Least favorite: PlyoX: Simply because its really REALLY hard!! My heart rate skyrockets and I feel like Jell-o about halfway through the workout. I deal with it by modifying quite a bit, I did Plyo last night and I'll admit that I *still* modify even though yesterday was my 10th time doing it!
  • blwood860
    Options

My favorite workout is definitely KenpoX: I really enjoy the kicking and punching and I manage to burn a ton of calories while doing it! I think, I'll admit, my heart rate gets its highest during the "breaks" where you run, jump rope, as well as do jumping jacks & X-jacks. I think keeping the heart rate elevated in this way helps burn more calories during the fun stuff!

Least favorite: PlyoX: Simply because its really REALLY hard!! My heart rate skyrockets and I feel like Jell-o about halfway through the workout. I deal with it by modifying quite a bit, I did Plyo last night and I'll admit that I *still* modify even though yesterday was my 10th time doing it!

Favorite: Stretch Day. Just kidding! (kinda) For some reason, I really like Shoulders and Arms. I have no idea why.

Least: Plyo! 'Nuff said.
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options

Favorite: Stretch Day. Just kidding! (kinda) For some reason, I really like Shoulders and Arms. I have no idea why.

Least: Plyo! 'Nuff said.

Haha I do love the stretch! And I'm starting to really appreciate the weight lifting I feel so mighty when I flex now!
  • blwood860
    Options
    I'm a teacher, so it's been really nice to be able to leisurely do P90x, but I'm worried about my routine when school starts back up.

I'm usually so tired after school that the last thing I want to do is workout, but I'm going to have to push though and make it happen. Hopefully since I'm being healthier, I'll have more engery anyway.

I just realize,though, that my first week of school is my first recovery week - how awesome! I can get back into the swing of school without having to worry about the strenuous videos.

Anybody else have issues with fitting your workout into your busy schedules?
  • Ttoille11
    Ttoille11 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    I love KenpoX too! I relieve a lot of pent-up anger that way AND get in a good workout - what a great deal ;)

Least favourite is Chest and Back. I can't do pushups, and my shoulders end up hurting a lot :(
  • bearroller
    bearroller Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I love KenpoX too! I relieve a lot of pent-up anger that way AND get in a good workout - what a great deal ;)

Least favourite is Chest and Back. I can't do pushups, and my shoulders end up hurting a lot :(

My boyfriend has shoulder issues also, can you do the pushups on your knees? If you do enough pushups on your knees you will reap the same benefits as the normal ones! The shoulder stretches really help too (The swimmers especially!) Should definitely be careful with the shoulders two people in my family have had torn rotator cuffs and that's not a good surgery to have to have!
  • blwood860
    Options
    bump
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    Yep, I do most of the pushups on my knees but still end up hurting, so I usually only attempt half the time allotted. Slow but steady, right?
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I'm a teacher, so it's been really nice to be able to leisurely do P90x, but I'm worried about my routine when school starts back up.

I'm usually so tired after school that the last thing I want to do is workout, but I'm going to have to push though and make it happen. Hopefully since I'm being healthier, I'll have more engery anyway.

I just realize,though, that my first week of school is my first recovery week - how awesome! I can get back into the swing of school without having to worry about the strenuous videos.

Anybody else have issues with fitting your workout into your busy schedules?

I definitely have had more energy since doing P90x but also...some days it is hard to want to do the workout especially if you want to do something social later that evening. What I do is that I make it a priority, there are some days where maybe I haven't pushed as hard as I could have (I was sore, tired, busy, whatever) but I ALWAYS keep pressing play!!! Which is all he asks right??

Don't be lulled into thinking the recovery week is easy though, Core Synergistics comes in second as the hardest workout (at least for me!) And I still think Yoga is tough, you do get to do X-stretch twice though! Yay!