P90xer's Team: Bring it!!

Options

Replies

• boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Yep, I do most of the pushups on my knees but still end up hurting, so I usually only attempt half the time allotted. Slow but steady, right?

I definitely hear that! There's no way I do 20-30 pushups in every section (at least not yet!) We got a squishy, puzzle mat (pieces that interlock together) that's about ~.5 inch thick so that really helps on the knees and especially with plyo! Maybe you could do pushups on your yoga mat?
  • blwood860
    blwood860 Posts: 31
    Options
    Another question I have, specifically to those who have been doing P90x longer or P90x grads:

When did you start to first see a change in your body?

I'm only on Day 10, so I don't expect to notice any differences for AT LEAST another 10 days, or even until Phase 2, but I'm just curious about other people's experieces.
  • blwood860
    Options
    I'm a teacher, so it's been really nice to be able to leisurely do P90x, but I'm worried about my routine when school starts back up.

I'm usually so tired after school that the last thing I want to do is workout, but I'm going to have to push though and make it happen. Hopefully since I'm being healthier, I'll have more engery anyway.

I just realize,though, that my first week of school is my first recovery week - how awesome! I can get back into the swing of school without having to worry about the strenuous videos.

Anybody else have issues with fitting your workout into your busy schedules?

I definitely have had more energy since doing P90x but also...some days it is hard to want to do the workout especially if you want to do something social later that evening. What I do is that I make it a priority, there are some days where maybe I haven't pushed as hard as I could have (I was sore, tired, busy, whatever) but I ALWAYS keep pressing play!!! Which is all he asks right??

Don't be lulled into thinking the recovery week is easy though, Core Synergistics comes in second as the hardest workout (at least for me!) And I still think Yoga is tough, you do get to do X-stretch twice though! Yay!

Well, mainly I won't have to worry about Plyo!
  • blwood860
    Options
    Yep, I do most of the pushups on my knees but still end up hurting, so I usually only attempt half the time allotted. Slow but steady, right?

I definitely hear that! There's no way I do 20-30 pushups in every section (at least not yet!) We got a squishy, puzzle mat (pieces that interlock together) that's about ~.5 inch thick so that really helps on the knees and especially with plyo! Maybe you could do pushups on your yoga mat?

I ALWAYS do knee-pushups on my yoga mat, especially since I have hardwood floor. My knees would be dead if I didn't.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Im in my recovery week for phase 1 of the classic routine (week 4). so far ive really been liking the p90x workouts, but i have bad knee problems so sub the cardio x for plyo days.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I didn't see any changes until i was almost done with my first go-around. I'm still "waiting" to see some changes in my abs (my only real disappointment with the program). I'm probably to blame, as I don't follow their diet although I've definitely made strides in increasing my protein intake and watching my overall sodium, carb and calorie intake.

I love shoulders and arms.
    Dread Plyo - "I hate it, but i love it!"
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i'm just starting week 8 of p90x plus-classic and i've done regular p90x twice through since mid october 2010. i love p90x! (maybe love-hate haha)
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    i'm just starting week 8 of p90x plus-classic and i've done regular p90x twice through since mid october 2010. i love p90x! (maybe love-hate haha)

"I hate it but I *love* it" [insert creepy Tony Horton face!]

Whoa! Congrats! You're officially the most senior P90xer of this thread so far! What do you think of p90x plus?? I'm excited to get there! Your ticker is impressive is it all because of P90x?
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I didn't see any changes until i was almost done with my first go-around. I'm still "waiting" to see some changes in my abs (my only real disappointment with the program). I'm probably to blame, as I don't follow their diet although I've definitely made strides in increasing my protein intake and watching my overall sodium, carb and calorie intake.

I love shoulders and arms.
    Dread Plyo - "I hate it, but i love it!"

I know how you feel with the "abs" but I think its absolutely the hardest place to lose fat! Women have double the fat on their abdomens that men do so just hang in there! I can definitely tell my stomach has become flatter and I can feel the abs underneath...if only I could get the fat to just disappear!

The diet may actually be more difficult that P90x itself. I *love* carbs and the most difficult thing for me was to dump them for protein. In the end I feel (as evidenced by my boyfriend's results) that the calorie deficit is the most important, if you maintain that then eventually you'll get the results you want, the exercise just helps it along that much faster!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Whoa! Congrats! You're officially the most senior P90xer of this thread so far! What do you think of p90x plus?? I'm excited to get there! Your ticker is impressive is it all because of P90x?

thanks! 70 of those lbs are from walking for 4-5 months before starting p90x, the rest is all p90x/diet. I really like p90x plus, the workouts are shorter, tony horton doesn't waste time talking about stupid crap or bragging about how awesome he is and they're more fast-paced so they're done before you know it. the kenpo plus is really fun. it also incorporates dvds from the regular p90x. overall, i like plus better!
  • CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eh, resent the BB Coach comment a little, but I completely understand. Some are just money hungry. Anyway, I'm on my 3rd round, and 4th day of a P90X/Insanity hybrid! Let's BRING IT!!!!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Eh, resent the BB Coach comment a little, but I completely understand. Some are just money hungry. Anyway, I'm on my 3rd round, and 4th day of a P90X/Insanity hybrid! Let's BRING IT!!!!

No offense intended! I definitely understand the program is a business as well, and since they are providing a product they have every right to want payment...it can just be overwhelming for those of us who find it hard enough to exercise! So its definitely nice to discuss and see people's true results and issues without the marketing! :)

That's incredible you're on your fourth round, something I truly aspire to! I've heard about the P90x/Insanity hybrid, is that going well?!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options

thanks! 70 of those lbs are from walking for 4-5 months before starting p90x, the rest is all p90x/diet. I really like p90x plus, the workouts are shorter, tony horton doesn't waste time talking about stupid crap or bragging about how awesome he is and they're more fast-paced so they're done before you know it. the kenpo plus is really fun. it also incorporates dvds from the regular p90x. overall, i like plus better!

I literally laughed out loud at your assessment of Tony! I actually still like him a lot, but I haven't gone through the program several times so maybe he hasn't quite "irked" me enough yet to mute him!

I've heard the Kenpo plus is better, more intense. I've seen where people complain about KenpoX not being tough enough but I do still like it and if you Bring it with intensity you'll definitely burn calories! I've also heard the HIIT is pretty intense! I guess it makes plyo look like child's play? I'm getting anxious to finish P90x and move on some of the plus videos too. I'm just now at the point (on week 10) where I don't feel like I'm going to die at the end of every vid!
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    I LOVE P90X!! I don't do it everyday but I do it 5 days a week! I have so many questions all the time. Especially how many calories are burned durning some of the exercises. Idid yogaX last night and my neck is pretty sore. Oh and I am also doing the lean
  • AllieB
    Options
    What are y'all's favorite and least favorite P90x workout and why?

How do you deal with your least favorite?

My favorite workout is definitely KenpoX: I really enjoy the kicking and punching and I manage to burn a ton of calories while doing it! I think, I'll admit, my heart rate gets its highest during the "breaks" where you run, jump rope, as well as do jumping jacks & X-jacks. I think keeping the heart rate elevated in this way helps burn more calories during the fun stuff!

Least favorite: PlyoX: Simply because its really REALLY hard!! My heart rate skyrockets and I feel like Jell-o about halfway through the workout. I deal with it by modifying quite a bit, I did Plyo last night and I'll admit that I *still* modify even though yesterday was my 10th time doing it!

I would have to agree with you! I love KenpoX! I feel like a charlies angel! But after I did PlyoX I couldn't walk for a few days haha
  • CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options

No offense intended! I definitely understand the program is a business as well, and since they are providing a product they have every right to want payment...it can just be overwhelming for those of us who find it hard enough to exercise! So its definitely nice to discuss and see people's true results and issues without the marketing! :)

That's incredible you're on your fourth round, something I truly aspire to! I've heard about the P90x/Insanity hybrid, is that going well?!

I'm actually on my 3rd round and four days into it:0) I tell you what, it definitely is a shock to the body. I thought I would be able to get through it pretty well since I have done both, but holy cow! Tony Horton and Shaun T together is another BEAST! I'm hoping that this will get me through my last 15lb stretch to my goal weight!
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    I LOVE P90X!! I don't do it everyday but I do it 5 days a week! I have so many questions all the time. Especially how many calories are burned durning some of the exercises. Idid yogaX last night and my neck is pretty sore. Oh and I am also doing the lean

The last time I did Yoga I burned ~320 calories. They say that each P90x workout is ~600 calories worth of work each that will vary on whether your male/female and how much you weigh. The best way to figure out how many calories you burn is with a heart rate monitor! You can get one pretty cheaply at walmart (~$30) to estimate!

I was kind of surprised the other day I burned more during KenpoX than in PlyoX. But I'm sure there's something to be said about how intensely you're able to do most exercises! I also keep a pretty high heart rate during weight lifting days too! You'd be surprised how many calories you can burn lifting weights!
  • blwood860
    Options

The last time I did Yoga I burned ~320 calories. They say that each P90x workout is ~600 calories worth of work each that will vary on whether your male/female and how much you weigh. The best way to figure out how many calories you burn is with a heart rate monitor! You can get one pretty cheaply at walmart (~$30) to estimate!

I was kind of surprised the other day I burned more during KenpoX than in PlyoX. But I'm sure there's something to be said about how intensely you're able to do most exercises! I also keep a pretty high heart rate during weight lifting days too! You'd be surprised how many calories you can burn lifting weights!

Yah, I burned 433 calories during the Arms and Shoulders video today by running in place / doing jumping jacks during downtime.
  • AllieB
    Options

I need to get a heart rate monitor. I love lifting the weights. Your right though I don't feel like I burn much when I do it.
  • boilermakerblaw
    Options
    Good idea @Blwood860: if you're gonna work out you might as well Bring it!