I need some friends !

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Not too badly at the moment, how about you? (:

I'm doing great ! Got my calories all counted with 80 to spare ! :) Starting the military diet tomorrow.

why?!

I found an app that makes it seem pretty achievable :) I just want something to kick start my weightless. I keep failing ..

its a vlcd that is unsustainable and completely lacking in nutrition...

why not just use MFP!?

You only do it for 3 days...some people believe in intermittent fasting to boost metabolism...it's not a long-term commitment . At least it won't be for me ahha..it's just fun to try new things sometimes .

:huh: the military diet has absolutely NOTHING to do with IF....
  • shan11d08
    shan11d08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just need a friend to chat with. :)
  • Opalprincess99
    Opalprincess99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I'm doing great ! Got my calories all counted with 80 to spare ! :) Starting the military diet tomorrow.

why?!

I found an app that makes it seem pretty achievable :) I just want something to kick start my weightless. I keep failing ..

its a vlcd that is unsustainable and completely lacking in nutrition...

why not just use MFP!?

You only do it for 3 days...some people believe in intermittent fasting to boost metabolism...it's not a long-term commitment . At least it won't be for me ahha..it's just fun to try new things sometimes .

:huh: the military diet has absolutely NOTHING to do with IF....

Hmmm. Well Google says otherwise when you look up is the military diet intermittent fasting....lol.....
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »

why?!

Of course it's achievable. The amount of calories you eat is pretty manageable, but hot dogs? Ice cream? Saltines? Why don't you stick to the same calories, but switch those foods for foods that are actually nutrient dense. You're going to 'kick start' your diet with any kind of foods, because you'll shed water weight first.

On cronometer.com you can add your food intake and see exactly which minerals, vitamins and breakdowns of your macros you are getting in. It's awesome you want to lose weight, just do it in a healthy way! I eat 1200-1300 calories a day, but make sure I get all the nutrients I need every single day. You wont get that with this diet.

To be honest, I know that but I just felt like trying something different ! It's only for 3 days...it won't kill me
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »

why?!

Of course it's achievable. The amount of calories you eat is pretty manageable, but hot dogs? Ice cream? Saltines? Why don't you stick to the same calories, but switch those foods for foods that are actually nutrient dense. You're going to 'kick start' your diet with any kind of foods, because you'll shed water weight first.

On cronometer.com you can add your food intake and see exactly which minerals, vitamins and breakdowns of your macros you are getting in. It's awesome you want to lose weight, just do it in a healthy way! I eat 1200-1300 calories a day, but make sure I get all the nutrients I need every single day. You wont get that with this diet.

Thanks a lot for the advice though ! :)
  • dmacdoug108
    dmacdoug108 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. 'Thought I'd join in if that's ok. :) I've heard good things about intermittent fasting as I've been researching a LCHF diet. I know nothing about the military diet. From my own experience, the source of the calories (specifically fats/proteins versus carbs) makes a difference in how the scale looks and in my bloodwork. That said, we all have our own journey. :)
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    Hi everyone. 'Thought I'd join in if that's ok. :) I've heard good things about intermittent fasting as I've been researching a LCHF diet. I know nothing about the military diet. From my own experience, the source of the calories (specifically fats/proteins versus carbs) makes a difference in how the scale looks and in my bloodwork. That said, we all have our own journey. :)

Thank you for your insight! From the research I've done it should do harm and there is lots of articles on the M.D ...it's kindve interesting so I thought why not ...aha :) Everyone's journey definitely is different ! And I would definitely say the military diet is a thousand times healthier than all the sugar I eat. Lol! That's a joke
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You remind me Brittany Murphy! Hi!

I really loved her ! Thanks :) what time is it where you're at? It's like 2:44 am here !

It's 10.55am here :) yeah I thought she was great too! :'(
  • Opalprincess99
    Options

Do no harm.* Oops
  • Opalprincess99
    Options

I really loved her ! Thanks :) what time is it where you're at? It's like 2:44 am here !

I cried when she died
  • Opalprincess99
    Options

I have to work at 12 am xD I guess I'm not getting up early to workout now...
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    shan11d08 wrote: »
    I just need a friend to chat with. :)

Me too ! I need more friends !
  • Opalprincess99
    Options

I need to work at12 no way I'll workout before..
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    You guys I noticed this messaging is very glitchy...huge pieces of what I type doesn't show up except the first sentence sometimes. And them entire posts aren't there...very strange.
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Yep. Sleep will probably be best at this stage.
    Workout after work??
  • Opalprincess99
    Options

Yep. Sleep will probably be best at this stage.
    Workout after work??

Definitely ! Time to sleep very deeply. I actually can ! My gyms 24 hours :)
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love new friends!!
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    You guys I noticed this messaging is very glitchy...huge pieces of what I type doesn't show up except the first sentence sometimes. And them entire posts aren't there...very strange.

If you're using emojis from your phone it'll do that

Thank you ! Now I know what was wrong :)
  • savalex0808
    savalex0808 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Got room for one more?